Should Business Ethics Factor into What AV Companies You Purchase From?

Should the Business Ethics of AV Companies Influence Your Purchasing Decisions?

• Yes. Let's hold them accountable to their beliefs or practices?

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No. Stay out of the politics and purchase what you like.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Don't care. I buy second hand AV products.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think even there cabinets are made here I'm sure some of there electronics for the internal are bought from overseas. It's literally like impossible to buy something with everything purchased from here
The cabinets for the small bookshelf speakers look extremely similar to the ones Parts Express and Madisound were selling- great cabinets, low price, beautiful piano black finish- the last is one of the reasons I think they come from overseas, not that it can't be done here but as I wrote, some finish materials are off-limits for manufacturers unless they have extremely deep pockets.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
NO... people are not shooting the babies in the head after they are born and no, doctors are not aborting babies a week before they are due but these are their arguments. Letting women and children get raped and murdered by ICE agents at the border wall is ok though.
Who said babies were being shot in the head? Never seen that before, but I don't watch Fox, either.

As far as abortions happening a week before due date, you don't seem to be aware of what has been called 'Partial Birth Abortion', a term used politically, but called Dilation and extraction' by the medical community.

I won't post the description, but you can find it in the link. This was happening AT the time of birth.

Don't blame me for the description that you didn't want to see.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As far as abortions happening a week before due date, you don't seem to be aware of what has been called 'Partial Birth Abortion', a term used politically, but called Dilation and extraction' by the medical community.
Is that something that happens regularly? As a form of birth control?

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
This thread has obviously gone way off topic into right wing distractions, as expected. However, to answer the original question, I'm glad to see so many people care. Consumers should, whenever possible, consider what their money will be used for. If you want to hurt other people, lots of companies will use your money to do that. If you want to help other people, lots of companies will use your money to do that.

Toyota is a great example. They got a lot of press for supporting politicians aligned with the domestic terrorists that tried to overthrow the US government. What bothers me at least as much is their quiet campaign to sabotage electric vehicles in the US because they were too incompetent to turn their decades of head start with the Prius into a leadership position in the EV market. I wouldn't give them my business even if they had the perfect car for me.

RGuasto

RGuasto

Audiophyte
Sorry Jerry but I think you should keep your CNN views to yourself. I see that all very differently. If this is going to be the norm on Audioholics I sadly and regrettably will no longer patronize this site. I love what Gene has done here and believe Audioholics to be the best AV review/info site bar none. Keep your liberal, democratic views to yourself.
Respectfully,
Rob

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Sorry Jerry but I think you should keep your CNN views to yourself. I see that all very differently. If this is going to be the norm on Audioholics I sadly and regrettably will no longer patronize this site. I love what Gene has done here and believe Audioholics to be the best AV review/info site bar none. Keep your liberal, democratic views to yourself.
Respectfully,
Rob
I was told that it was the liberals that needed safe spaces. There's no need to run away if you disagree. We shouldn't all agree on everything, that's a good thing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Keep your liberal, democratic views to yourself.
Respectfully,
How strange. I read it as very conservative. If he's going into examples such as adultery affecting your purchase decisions that seems very biblical to me...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I watched SCTV when it was on in the old days- their take on 'Leave It To Beaver', horror movies and others were great. In not for that show, we wouldn't have seen Dave Thomas (as the Beaver), John Flaherty, John Candy or two of the stars of Schitt's Creek, Levy and O'Hara.

Did you watch 'Not Necessarily The News'?
Lots of great talent came out of SCTV, off the wall as it was. I saw some of NNTN but don't recall have full access to all of the episodes. Back then would have been mostly SCTV, Monty Python and early SNL. I remember some of the live bands sounding fantastic on SNL. They had some great sound engineers back then.

RGuasto

RGuasto

Audiophyte
I was told that it was the liberals that needed safe spaces. There's no need to run away if you disagree. We shouldn't all agree on everything, that's a good thing.
Safe space, Really!? The point was to keep it to yourself.
Here's the NY'er in me.
Lucky you're not standing in front of me.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How strange. I read it as very conservative. If he's going into examples such as adultery affecting your purchase decisions that seems very biblical to me...
Ehhhhh it was my only issue with the artucle. He's a good writer. Could have just done a great article on the ethics of our buying choices. But by writing all the political stuff it's guaranteed to start kicking off all the arguing in the thread.

I mean the second post in you got someone with a left perspective just going off on not supporting friends and family that supported this and boy you know where the rest of the thread is going from there. :D

Personally I don't give a sh$t I'm so burnt out on all the arguing from both sides of the political fence. I did like the ethics point he brings up though deciding what our buying decision goes.

When you really think about it that's one of the only real powers we have to influence anything. Is what we do with our money. Money talks in this world unfortunately I like that point that he brought up a lot makes for good thinking

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In his defense though he could have written that article without all the politics and we still would've had the thread head in that direction.

Just seems like that's the way things go a lot lately.

I'm so burnt out I just kind off insta check out at this point

I guess I'm conserving my energy for 2022 and 2024 when I got to make some choices with my votes

Until then taking a time out lol

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
In his defense though he could have written that article without all the politics and we still would've had the thread head in that direction.

Just seems like that's the way things go a lot lately.

I'm so burnt out I just kind off insta check out at this point

I guess I'm conserving my energy for 2022 and 2024 when I got to make some choices with my votes

Until then taking a time out lol
Strange... this is what gets me involved in this thread, and its to agree pretty completely with you. :)

Jerry's articles really bring out the darts. IMO, just another one that's slightly out of touch and somewhat off beat. *shrugs

Steam Vent has been a little overly contentious lately, too. Between this, the Indians... Hell, even the gamer thread... blech!
1627399271924.png

But then again, so was the Def Tech New Sub reveal thread! :p (Frankly, Gene should've expected that, though.)

In the end, we DO NOT need to get so worked up over this cr@p. Even with the elections. You know there will be baiting from the fringes, and Drumpf will keep peddling fantasies and pandering to the most extreme of his zealots.
If we can get our heads clear and keep them that way for a few years, maybe the elections will work the worst of us out of the system and we can get back to some modicum of barely-functional as opposed to the highy dysfunctional status quo we've seen for the last 8 yrs or so.

Maybe... but a boy can hope, ya?
;)

And with that, I'm outa here.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Safe space, Really!? The point was to keep it to yourself.
Here's the NY'er in me.
Lucky you're not standing in front of me.
I agree, I'm very luck to not be anywhere near you. Good luck with fighting anyone that you disagree with.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ehhhhh it was my only issue with the artucle. He's a good writer. Could have just done a great article on the ethics of our buying choices. But by writing all the political stuff it's guaranteed to start kicking off all the arguing in the thread.

I mean the second post in you got someone with a left perspective just going off on not supporting friends and family that supported this and boy you know where the rest of the thread is going from there. :D

Personally I don't give a sh$t I'm so burnt out on all the arguing from both sides of the political fence. I did like the ethics point he brings up though deciding what our buying decision goes.

When you really think about it that's one of the only real powers we have to influence anything. Is what we do with our money. Money talks in this world unfortunately I like that point that he brought up a lot makes for good thinking
I just found it strange someone would read it as left leaning while I'm reading the opposite. I don't see where or why adultery would factor into this, and sounds like something a theist would fuss over. The right tend to be the bible thumpers, that's all I'm saying. In general I stay out of the political crap.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Strange... this is what gets me involved in this thread, and its to agree pretty completely with you. :)

Jerry's articles really bring out the darts. IMO, just another one that's slightly out of touch and somewhat off beat. *shrugs

Steam Vent has been a little overly contentious lately, too. Between this, the Indians... Hell, even the gamer thread... blech!
View attachment 49430
But then again, so was the Def Tech New Sub reveal thread! :p (Frankly, Gene should've expected that, though.)

In the end, we DO NOT need to get so worked up over this cr@p. Even with the elections. You know there will be baiting from the fringes, and Drumpf will keep peddling fantasies and pandering to the most extreme of his zealots.
If we can get our heads clear and keep them that way for a few years, maybe the elections will work the worst of us out of the system and we can get back to some modicum of barely-functional as opposed to the highy dysfunctional status quo we've seen for the last 8 yrs or so.

Maybe... but a boy can hope, ya?
;)

And with that, I'm outa here.
I will say this you can't say Audioholics doesn't support free speech.

they'll let it get pretty heated before they step in.

but I respect them for that. We can't get through these times unless we learn to have difficult conversations with people we don't always agree with

Yeah the Indian thread part of that was on me. Did not mean to get sucked into that one. Just got caught off guard by some of what was said when things got contentious

We were able to take it over to the PM side and talk it out. For which I'm glad

That dudes always been cool to me even PM'd me personally over the years to make sure I was OK.

So I was glad we were able to work things out I refuse to let the current climate ruin a friendly relationship that's developed on this site

No human being is always going to agree with each other all the time but we can do our best to work it out when things go off track.

It's not worth it besides you never know I just might learn something if I get past the initial argument and just open up my mind ;)

But you said it best I gotta get going time to check out!

Peace!!!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If anybody is looking at the numbers, the threads asking a question about current events or questions about the industry and having little to do with the day to day operations of a HI-FI and/or home theater system are the most successful around here if one is trying to increase traffic. Most here have their systems dialed in and come around here to chew the fat or stir up some s@#t out of boredom. I did mention rabid dogs in another thread. I think there's a freezer in Gene's garage fully stocked with assorted meats.;) Gonna go see if anybody is having trouble with ARC or some LFE settings, then go get a strong cup of coffee.:)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If anybody is looking at the numbers, the threads asking a question about current events or questions about the industry and having little to do with the day to day operations of a HI-FI and/or home theater system are the most successful around here if one is trying to increase traffic. Most here have their systems dialed in and come around here to chew the fat or stir up some s@#t out of boredom. I did mention rabid dogs in another thread. I think there's a freezer in Gene's garage fully stocked with assorted meats.;) Gonna go see if anybody is having trouble with ARC or some LFE settings, then go get a strong cup of coffee.:)
Yeah that's a good point sometimes you gotta stir some stuff up. If it helps the site grow its all worth it in the end

Really good point there

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Huh. Mebbe I should start reading these contentious steam vent threads... :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis