SETTING UP PIONEER ELITE VSX-92-THX RECEIVER

N

NOLA

Audiophyte
CAN ANYONE HELP ME SET UP A SYSTEM??? SOMEONE GIFTED ME WITH THE FOLLOWING AUDIO COMPONENTS AND I JUST WANT TO SET THEM UP PROPERLY. THE COMPONENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS;
PIONEER ELITE VSX-92-THX RECEIVER
ADCOM GFA 7607 POWER AMP
YAMAHA P5000S POWER AMP
LEXUCON ELITE DA-9990K KARAOKE AMP
DEFINITIVE BP-7001-SC FLOOR STANDING SPKRS
DEFINITIVE C/L/R 3000 CENTER SPKR
ONKYO HT-R646 RECEIVER
TEC TC-7240 AUDIO ROUTER
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION ON WHETHER THESE ARE WORTH KEEPING?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd start with the manual for the Pioneer 92...https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/477134684VSX92TXHOperatingInstructions0807.pdf it will guide you on pretty much everything. I'd consider adding a subwoofer.

Make up your mind what you want to setup generally, you have some duplication in the list. I'd probably not plan on the extra avr, or the Karaoke thing, or the audio router.

Turn the all caps off....you don't need to "shout"

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, first start with a plan. What is it you want in the system? Then, determine if the components listed will get you there. I believe the Onkyo model number is incorrect. It may be the HT-R640. Sorry, welcome to the forums.

N

NOLA

Audiophyte
I'd start with the manual for the Pioneer 92...https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/477134684VSX92TXHOperatingInstructions0807.pdf it will guide you on pretty much everything. I'd consider adding a subwoofer.

Make up your mind what you want to setup generally, you have some duplication in the list. I'd probably not plan on the extra avr, or the Karaoke thing, or the audio router.

Turn the all caps off....you don't need to "shout"
Sorry for the caps...I didn't know. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I should eliminate one of the power amps as well?

N

NOLA

Audiophyte
Yes, first start with a plan. What is it you want in the system? Then, determine if the components listed will get you there. I believe the Onkyo model number is incorrect. It may be the HT-R640. Sorry, welcome to the forums.
Yes! you are correct it is an HT-R640! Right now I have only been able to connect the Onkyo receiver with the Karaoke Amp. The sound is just ok but I hope to get better output when I correctly combine the right components. Listing to SACD/HQ songs on youtube!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry for the caps...I didn't know. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I should eliminate one of the power amps as well?
An extra power amp may not be a bad thing to have around, that Adcom amp has about the same power amp section as your Pioneer avr, perhaps a bit more capable than the avr in lower impedance loads. The Yamaha pro amp is the most powerful for 2ch use, altho does not have consumer friendly inputs (no rca inputs). The karaoke amp looks to be rated higher than the Adcom but not a lot of detail, personally I'd get rid of it (but have no use for karaoke either).

Is there a reason you were able to only hook up the karaoke amp? Do you have sufficient speaker cables/interconnects for the Adcom?

How do you get sacd/hq audio on youtube?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'll buy the Adcom if it works! ;) Seriously, some decent albeit outdated gear. If you don't need 4k you may be fine with the pioneer and Def tech's for a starter system. I would get rid of anything karaoke but that is me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis