Pioneer VSX-92TXH A/V Receiver - A brief Review

N

Newbie1954

Audiophyte
Serious Contender

How does vsx 92 compared to denon 2808ci?

M

mitsguy56

Audiophyte
Thank you for a very informative and well-written review. I recently purchased a 92.

S

ship.ahoy

Audiophyte
Hi there.

Sorry to bother but I have to ask you guys a question.
I currently use a Rotel 1075 and Rotel 1068 combo. Looking to replace the 1068 for a "current" 1.3a HDMI processor. I've been eyeing the Pioneer 92txh and noticed that you were using it a "temp" processor in your setup.

Did you notice a difference in sound quality compared to what you were using? I'm starting to think that the Pioneers/Denons/Yamahas of the world are safer investments for use with my Rotel 1075 amp VS an expensive processor. Especially considering the price is so high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kindest Regards

Great Review FMW, I just bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-91 to use as Temp Pre-Amp for a price I couldn't pass up, and still have a Elite VSX-81. They are extremely reliable units, with excellent sound. Although I can't speak of the Upscaling quality, the performance of HDMI switching has been flawless. With the lack of competent Pre-Amps up until lately they serve me very well and truly deliver, for what I need.

If I wasn't looking to go seperates, I would still recommend Pioneer Elite for the sound, build quality, and reliability.

Happy Pioneer Enthusiast

Warpdrv

K

K-amps

Audiophyte
Thanks!

Great Review FMV. I love the pics, very clear and vivid. Your review was to the point and well written.

I just saw a 92 on sale (demo) for $499 at BB, I snagged it right away.

I have gotten it to sing for the most part, however I cannot get the Component to HDMI conversion to work for My XBOX 360.

Basically My 360 is plugged into Component 1 on the 92 and an HDMI output is fed to my Sony XBR display. (Similar to your Wii set up)

However when I select Component 1, I get audio of the XBOX but no Video via HDMI. I thought this unit could convert component into HDMI but no luck.

The assignments are fine, but there is no video, does anyone have the same issue with their component conversions?

PS: I can get the XBOX 360 set to TV (not HD) and connect via Monitor or S-Video and that gets converted to HDMI, but not component.

Any clues, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you all in advance.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Hi there.

Sorry to bother but I have to ask you guys a question.
I currently use a Rotel 1075 and Rotel 1068 combo. Looking to replace the 1068 for a "current" 1.3a HDMI processor. I've been eyeing the Pioneer 92txh and noticed that you were using it a "temp" processor in your setup.

Did you notice a difference in sound quality compared to what you were using? I'm starting to think that the Pioneers/Denons/Yamahas of the world are safer investments for use with my Rotel 1075 amp VS an expensive processor. Especially considering the price is so high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kindest Regards
I used a pre/pro and amp setup for many years. I decided to switch to a receiver in order to get better automation. My wife wouldn't use the audio system at all and just watched TV using the TV speakers. I started with an Onkyo 605 which was, in my opinion, a piece of junk with a worthless warranty. I ended up dumping it and replacing it with the 92. Sonically it is identical to the original setup but, with the addition of a Harmony remote, now my wife uses the entire system. I'm finished. This does everything I need or ever will need.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Great Review FMV. I love the pics, very clear and vivid. Your review was to the point and well written.

I just saw a 92 on sale (demo) for $499 at BB, I snagged it right away.

I have gotten it to sing for the most part, however I cannot get the Component to HDMI conversion to work for My XBOX 360.

Basically My 360 is plugged into Component 1 on the 92 and an HDMI output is fed to my Sony XBR display. (Similar to your Wii set up)

However when I select Component 1, I get audio of the XBOX but no Video via HDMI. I thought this unit could convert component into HDMI but no luck.

The assignments are fine, but there is no video, does anyone have the same issue with their component conversions?

PS: I can get the XBOX 360 set to TV (not HD) and connect via Monitor or S-Video and that gets converted to HDMI, but not component.

Any clues, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you all in advance.
I use all HDMI except for the Wii game. That is connected by component video and works just like it should. I can't help but think there might be a setup problem somewhere. It is a complicated device to be sure.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
I too own a 92txh and I am more than impressed with every aspect of it's sonic character. :)

I run 6ohm speakers so this particular option on the 92 is very handy.

I enjoyed your review, but a touch more depth and personal impressions would make the review nearly perfect!

Rogo

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis