Setting up my Atmos

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
I was wondering if my surrounds that are bipolar speakers should be placed higher up on the wall or at ear level now that I am adding two ceiling speakers. Thanks for any help.
-Kyle Braunlich

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
I was wondering if my surrounds that are bipolar speakers should be placed higher up on the wall or at ear level now that I am adding two ceiling speakers. Thanks for any help.
-Kyle Braunlich
Ear level.

Don’t raise them any higher than you have to. It messes with the Atmos layer.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, definitely ear level. If you have extra people sitting next to you all the time you can go a little above to get the sound over their heads.

The spec says H2(surround height) should be at H1(mains height) X1.25. So if your tweeter is at 40” you can go to 50”. Mine are at about H1x1.4 so 57” and work great. My ceilings are high too.

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, definitely ear level. If you have extra people sitting next to you all the time you can go a little above to get the sound over their heads.

The spec says H2(surround height) should be at H1(mains height) X1.25. So if your tweeter is at 40” you can go to 50”. Mine are at about H1x1.4 so 57” and work great. My ceilings are high too.
Thanks for the data.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis