davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ok I bought the Serenity movie and book. Really liked them both so much that I ordered the Firefly TV series. Any thoughts on this series? I know Sheldon liked the series.:)
Dave

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I liked it. I don't know if it was as epic as some made it out to be, but it was pretty good. Never saw the movie.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@davidscott – I think you'll like the TV series better.

I liked the TV series more than the movie, but I saw the TV series first. I was hooked right away. It was more about the odd assortment of characters that made up the Firefly crew and passengers than it was about plot details. The writer/creator/director, Joss Whedon, made them gel together as a 'family'. It's a formula that he and others have tried to recreate, but I enjoyed it best in Firefly. The cast is quite good, unlike many science fiction stuff. It was just beginning to get good when it was canceled, and that I think was why the movie was made – to tie up all the loose details that were left over.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the input. I'll let you know when I watch it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Rarely any other TV show cancelation caused so much anger and uproar as Firefly.
In addition, I'm massively upset over canceling Forever and Almost Human

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Have both series and movie. Like them both. The audio on the movie is damn good.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
The TV show is pretty terrific, and we rewatch it periodically. The movie is good but not quite on the same level. Make sure to watch it in disc order, not broadcast order. It's one of the things that killed the show far before its time.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I liked it. I don't know if it was as epic as some made it out to be, but it was pretty good. Never saw the movie.
I went to see the movie at the theater way back when, because of all the hype. Had never watched the TV show. I found the movie average at best, but that was without context of the TV show. I only made it 2 episodes into the show. I didn't dislike it, but it didn't keep me interested. I may revisit it someday, but my streaming backlog is catching up in size with my Steam backlog. :confused:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I went to see the movie at the theater way back when, because of all the hype. Had never watched the TV show. I found the movie average at best, but that was without context of the TV show. I only made it 2 episodes into the show. I didn't dislike it, but it didn't keep me interested. I may revisit it someday, but my streaming backlog is catching up in size with my Steam backlog. :confused:
Boooo. You should really watch the TV series, but honestly The Expanse is a better show at the moment

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Saw several episodes of the series on TV but not all. Now I have both the TV Series and the Movie. Got them from an estate sale for $10. Very good series and movie was, though not as good as the series, not that bad either. Highly recommended.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Saw several episodes of the series on TV but not all. Now I have both the TV Series and the Movie. Got them from an estate sale for $10. Very good series and movie was, though not as good as the series, not that bad either. Highly recommended.
Yeah I liked the movie and now I am going to watch the series. Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis