Seprates combo, how does it work? Combo suggestions?

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Now for the next portion, to hold me off even further. Do you think I can connect my AVR to a sound bars hdmi input? For it to produce bass from the subwoofer? Not sure if that’s possible. My sound bar has optical, hdmi, and aux in

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Sorry, this only works with a passive sound bar, I can kill the sound and strictly use the sub as both are able to adjusted for volume.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nope, I am in the USA. But like I was saying that Marantz and Denon are finicky. It says they will not honor any warranty that is not from an authorized retailer. Even if it’s a major retailer or online.

So you can only imagine what a refurb warranty looks like. Also generally for one year.

second, price wise I bet the refurbished won’t be going for more than 200 dollars cheaper.

so the 7013 would need to be 900 and the 8012 would need to be 1800. But with that price I will lose an additional 2 year warranty. Which will protect my investment, since it is a 3 year warranty.

Edit: But I will check that site out, we got a bunch covered yesterday, forgot about it.
As was mentioned A4L is a authorized dealer of both new and refurb products from a variety of brands. The one year warranty is a normal factory warranty. They also sell extended warranties. Your credit card may extend one, too, like mine does. Sometimes you can find better deals on open box....for me there's no open box nearby so not much of an option. If an authorized dealer sells you an open box with normal warranty, that's great. YMMV. I would definitely find the best price/warranty combo, tho....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Now for the next portion, to hold me off even further. Do you think I can connect my AVR to a sound bars hdmi input? For it to produce bass from the subwoofer? Not sure if that’s possible. My sound bar has optical, hdmi, and aux in
Soundbars and avrs don't really go together. HTIBs and soundbars can limit usual use of audio components....sometimes due to limited connectivity or proprietary connections, etc.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
As was mentioned A4L is a authorized dealer of both new and refurb products from a variety of brands. The one year warranty is a normal factory warranty. They also sell extended warranties. Your credit card may extend one, too, like mine does. Sometimes you can find better deals on open box....for me there's no open box nearby so not much of an option. If an authorized dealer sells you an open box with normal warranty, that's great. YMMV. I would definitely find the best price/warranty combo, tho....
Yup and buy is the keyword I’m trying to avoid, this one is 3 years and it’s been on the sales floor for demo. Looked brand new to me.

I guess like me the guy was having an issue locating the the room eq and no one wants it. It’s 500 off the regular price now but originally was 2200.

Probably be 1299 Black Friday.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yup and buy is the keyword I’m trying to avoid, this one is 3 years and it’s been on the sales floor for demo. Looked brand new to me.

I guess like me the guy was having an issue locating the the room eq and no one wants it. It’s 500 off the regular price now but originally was 2200.

Probably be 1299 Black Friday.
Why it's best to look at the manufacturer's site or the unit's manual for details rather than ask a salesman....

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Why it's best to look at the manufacturer's site or the unit's manual for details rather than ask a salesman....
Hmmm I’m not sure how that’s going to help. The salesman did nothing, just found it listed and I wanted to grab it.

I don’t trust them any way, cause when I called he said it has everything. So that’s when I saw everything except the Audssey lol.

But I didn’t buy it yet, because I told him that’s useless without the room EQ.

looked online while I was in the shop and I only found the old Audssey room EQ.

Which again I believe why it’s being sold so cheap. Like I said I called Marantz and they said it’s covered under the 3 year warranty, as they confirmed it is an authorized dealer.

So far so good lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm I’m not sure how that’s going to help. The salesman did nothing, just found it listed and I wanted to grab it.

I don’t trust them any way, cause when I called he said it has everything. So that’s when I saw everything except the Audssey lol.

But I didn’t buy it yet, because I told him that’s useless without the room EQ.

Which again I believe why it’s being sold so cheap. Like I said I called Marantz and they said it’s covered under the 3 year warranty, as they confirmed it is an authorized dealer.

So far so good lol
Audyssey isn't something you can separate from the unit.....now if it doesn't work, that's a problem. What did you see that excluded Audyssey info?

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Audyssey isn't something you can separate from the unit.....now if it doesn't work, that's a problem. What did you see that excluded Audyssey info?
Totally agree, but I mean who knows what happened. It’s probably been in the show room since 2017/18 or when it first came out.

With so much time anything is possible. He didn’t even have it for any of the other systems. 6000 or 8000 series. It’s probably just what Marantz sends out to its dealers for the sales floor/demo

Cause I offered to purchase whatever he had since they do not have it available as I first looked and found nothing

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Totally agree, but I mean who knows what happened. It’s probably been in the show room since 2017/18 or when it first came out.

With so much time anything is possible. He didn’t even have it for any of the other systems. 6000 or 8000 series. It’s probably just what Marantz sends out to its dealers for the sales floor/demo

Cause I offered to purchase whatever he had since they do not have it available as I first looked and found nothing
You mean the guy knew nothing and couldn't be bothered to actually look at info? That's possible with salesmen.....maybe even likely (and even for many consumers).

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
The Audssey is just a room EQ microphone specifically with the technology that marantz and Denon use, but I mean you can probably use it for EQing any home theater system.

That’s why I didn’t purchase without that, I mean the first step once all the speakers are set up is the balancing of the speakers.

the place had an 8012, 8015, and 6014. You would assume even in a showroom you would think balancing is necessary, but maybe if you only use the fronts and center it’s not as mandatory, I don’t know

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Audssey is just a room EQ microphone specifically with the technology that marantz and Denon use, but I mean you can probably use it for EQing any home theater system.

That’s why I didn’t purchase without that, I mean the first step once all the speakers are set up is the balancing of the speakers.

the place had an 8012, 8015, and 6014. You would assume even in a showroom you would think balancing is necessary, but maybe if you only use the fronts and center it’s not as mandatory, I don’t know
Well it's more than the microphone, that's just something you need to use it. It's really not suitable for other purposes, not really a measurement mic for general use nor for determining eq. You can also buy the mic separately if the open box unit has one that's lost. To use the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App you have to buy it ($20).

If you want to get into it in terms of measurement and non-Audyssey eq, you can get reasonably priced measurement mics like the minidsp UMIK-1 or the Daytom UMM-6 and use with software like RoomEQ Wizard.

Last edited:
M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Well it's more than the microphone, that's just something you need to use it. It's really not suitable for other purposes, not really a measurement mic for general use nor for determining eq. You can also buy the mic separately if the open box unit has one that's lost. To use the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App you have to buy it ($20).

If you want to get into it in terms of measurement and eq, you can get reasonably priced measurement mics like the minidsp UMIK-1 or the Daytom UMM-6 and use with software like RoomEQ Wizard.
Seems like a lot of things I am going to have to do that's beyond my knowledge. I dont know how to EQ very well, unless you have the speakers actual curve. So you can make proper adjustments. Too soon to bother

The App is strictly for EQing I dont think the Audssey XT32 has anything to do with EQ, it just balances the power the of the speakers so everything is unified

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like a lot of things I am going to have to do that's beyond my knowledge. I dont know how to EQ very well, unless you have the speakers actual curve. So you can make proper adjustments. Too soon to bother

The App is strictly for EQing I dont think the Audssey XT32 has anything to do with EQ, it just balances the power the of the speakers so everything is unified
Well running Audyssey is a form of application of eq that's automatic, with some manual tweaking available thru the app and offers a few eq curves as a result (flat/music or reference/movie....altho some have also a L/R Bypass mode from the avr manufacturer). Audyssey has been combined with the setup routine for levels/delays in the avr, tho....and the overall results may not be what Audyssey alone would suggest either (main one being Audyssey will suggest when using a sub to always use a crossover, the avr manufacturer may make a different suggestion based on the f3 (lower -3dB point) of the measurement it takes and make your speakers "large" (i.e. not use bass management). Audyssey is a separate company licensing a product to D&M and a few others....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis