Selling my motorcycle

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I am hoping to have my 1980 Yamaha XS650 listed on eBay by the weekend. It turns out that this motorcycle is not my cup o' tea. I made a mistake in buying it, but I might actually make a profit on the sale. I was feeling pretty good when I bought it about one month ago. But RA attacks have been way too frequent and I am not in shape to ride a bike like this. I sold a couple of motorcycles on eBay, but that was over 20 years ago. I am excited to see how it does. Folks really like the looks of this thing.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am hoping to have my 1980 Yamaha XS650 listed on eBay by the weekend. It turns out that this motorcycle is not my cup o' tea. I made a mistake in buying it, but I might actually make a profit on the sale. I was feeling pretty good when I bought it about one month ago. But RA attacks have been way too frequent and I am not in shape to ride a bike like this. I sold a couple of motorcycles on eBay, but that was over 20 years ago. I am excited to see how it does. Folks really like the looks of this thing.
So I don't get to make the turn signals work this weekend!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
So I don't get to make the turn signals work this weekend!
If you were going to offer that, that would have been very considerate of you! These street trackers like them stripped down, so that is how I am going to list it.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Ten day listing. Ends next Sunday night. Almost 500 views with 40 watchers. One bid, below my reserve so far.

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
58 watchers with over five days left. This might get fairly exciting Sunday night.... I hope!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
GLWS, I've actually been contemplating selling one or both of my Corvettes..............

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It sold on ebay last night. I was hoping for more, but it topped my reserve and I was happy. Shipper comes to pick it up tomorrow night after the guy pays the balance of course.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
The winning bidder paid me the down payment on Venmo right away after the auction. I transferred it to my bank right away. I just signed up with Venmo minutes before. So the plan was for him to pay me the balance about when the shipper comes to pick up the bike, which is tonight. Then I got an email that Venmo wants to verify my identity before any more transactions and that it would take 7 days!! The shipper was scheduled and he already paid him! Tried Zelle and they have a $500 limit on his end since he just then signed up. What a hassle! So he paid me via paypal unfortunately. I could have been a hard ass and made him eat the charges. But we split them and it only cost me $45. But it's fine because ebay has no final value fee on vehicles anymore, only a listing fee! So it all worked out. Just super glad that Venmo didn't send that email tonight. The shipper guy would have had to wait until I had the dough! There is supposed to be heavy thunderstorms about the time guy arrives. I talked to the shipper guy and he's fine with that. ha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis