Searching for Athena AS-R1 Mounting Brackets

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
AudioAdvisor can't help you?

ducker said:
So on Athena's website they have this "Macromount" bracket for their rear bi-pole speaker.
http://www.athenaspeakers.com/macromount.htm

Only problem is I can't find a vendor that sells them via google.
I don't even have a clue whatthey go for.
Generally, they have been very helpful in the past. But, if theseare not rear ported, it's not a big deal. Are they?

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
They aren't ported at all, but I need to be able to angle them slightly downwards.
AudioAdvisor doesn't have the mounting brackets listen under Athena products. :/

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
hm... I guess I missed it because I was searching for a"macromount" not "macro mount".

At $50 a pop though... I might look for another alternative means for mounting... Thanks for the link.

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
If you hang them using the built-in brackets, and unscrew and remove the rubber stop from the macromount threaded insert, the AS-R1 will hang at more of a downward angle.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
I don't really see how they have built in brackets. There are 2 locations where they can be mounted/hanging on 2 screws. So I guess if you hang the speaker on those and remove that rubber stopper? Yes I suppose it would hang at a slight angle. but how secure that will be on the wall is another story. I'd hate to be watching a movie and then all of a sudden a speaker drops on my head during some explosions!

N

NetGeek

Junior Audioholic
I bought a pair of the Macro Mounts

They work very well with the AS-R1's allowing you to twist & tilt it in almost any direction. To use these you take out the bottom "bumper" on the back of the R1 which is threaded; I am certian that this thread size is a standard so any mount that uses a "bolt" to attach to the speaker would work providing the thread size is correct.

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
Haven't dropped on my head (yet)

I use the built in hangers on the AS-R1. They hang from two heavy picture hanging hooks nailed into the wall. I was a little worried about them at first, but they've been hanging there for a year through all kinds of movie effects, and haven't budged (knock on wood). I have a third R1 mounted using a macromount.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Chas... I was thinking of doing that... I have a 6.1. Using a micromount for the SC, and then the SL and SR simply hanging them on screws, and taking out the stopper... I unscrewed the rubber stopper to see what going on there, and yea, I see how it works now :)

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
I found the picture hangers gave more of a hook to hang the R1s...I was worried about them slipping off of screws. I left the stopper in and they still hang at a slight downward angle.

I posted a photo of each on the page below:

http://swbg1.tripod.com/asr1.htm

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis