Scotch & 7 on the rocks

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I agree. I don't like water in my drinks at all, I was just saying it is common and nothing wrong with adding some. I usually chill the drink itself and as it warms up to room temp I enjoy different scents in it.

according to the Scots, a wee bit of spring water is added to 'open up the bouquet
' of the whisky.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Wow ......now that covers a rather broad spectrum !!

How was the JD Rye ? I love a good Rye Manhattan.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I also love a good Manhatten. Since this is a Scotch thread, I love a good RobRoy.
The Jim Beam Rye is very good.

Using the black walnut bitters gives more depth and complexity.

RobRoy

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow ......now that covers a rather broad spectrum !!

How was the JD Rye ? I love a good Rye Manhattan.
The JD Rye is on my Christmas list and so is the Bourbon btw. :) I'm not a big fan of JD but this rye I recommend without reservation.

ErnieM

ErnieM

Audioholic
We lived in Edinburgh, Scotland from fall of 95 to summer 99 and I'm afraid I did gain a taste for single malt. I'm not into the heavy peat taste, however. I have yet to taste Highland Park, though I've heard all their versions are wonderful.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
We lived in Edinburgh, Scotland from fall of 95 to summer 99 and I'm afraid I did gain a taste for single malt. I'm not into the heavy peat taste, however. I have yet to taste Highland Park, though I've heard all their versions are wonderful.
Beautiful city Ernie, I was there in early June and it was crowded (obnoxious Asian tourists and their damn 'selfie sticks' ) I can't imagine what it would be like during the 'Tattoo'

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I love Edinburgh too. Its a beautiful city . I love Highland Park and find it a good summer time Scotch. I like the peatier stuff in our cold Canadian winters.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Commendable trend IMO is whiskey distillers going the Cognac way and using barrels from some top wines / top regions to mature their whiskey. At my new place of work we have Glenmorangie who uses Port, Sherry and Sauternes barrels for aging. This is not peated so these aromas come forward.

We also have Ardbeg for peat lover (me being one of them). I love this sentencs and think we should be using it more, here in audio forums; Ardbeg has been called “as close to perfection as makes no difference,” by whisky connoisseurs.
:D:D “as close to perfection as makes no difference,” :cool::cool:

I shamefully promote since we're across the pond and I have nothing to gain.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
dozer, I like your quote !

as for the non - bourbon barrel aging trend, Glennfarclas (one of the oldest family run distilleries in Scotland) has used Sherry and Port casks for years.

ErnieM

ErnieM

Audioholic
I love Edinburgh too. Its a beautiful city . I love Highland Park and find it a good summer time Scotch. I like the peatier stuff in our cold Canadian winters.
We stayed as far away from the high street as we could in August. I had to trek up to New College for my studies, but stayed away from the castle and all the tourist shops up that way.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
We stayed as far away from the high street as we could in August. I had to trek up to New College for my studies, but stayed away from the castle and all the tourist shops up that way.
They had a Scotch bar there that had the most Scotch/whiskies I've ever seen from countries I've never heard of. I've never seen a larger variety in my life. It brought a tear to me eye it was so beautiful. :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Aberfeldy, a great, affordable whisky for sure. Part of the Dewars family it was one of the few bottles less expensive in Scotland than what I can buy it for Stateside. Bought a bottle in a local grocery store for 34 pounds, somehow it disappeared in a few days ..........

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis