Satisfied with your 360?

How Satisfied are you with your Xbox 360?

• IT'S A GOD MACHINE!!! AWESOME!!!

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Nothing special.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'd rather eat my own feces! I regret buying the heap.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
no man said:
lmao! my system just sits on an open shelf, and i'm not willing to test how fragile it is :p (unless i shat money.. then i might)
Well, the death rates for the machine are obscenely high, even when sitting on a shelf. Beware the red ring of death.

no man said:
when i play chromehounds we always get decimated by people in asia going on when its like 4-5 am :l
Japan is one of the top two gaming markets in the world, and 70% of 360's remain unsold on the shelf. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but many of the good development houses are in Japan as well.

no man said:
FPS kick ***!! theres nothing wrong with sufficating in them :D i'm an uber fan of fps so i find that to be a good thing :D - racing games are awesome too
They are, but they're not expanding their gaming audience with them (see above re: Japan). They need good RPG's and Adventure games. They thought they'd get that when they bought Rare, but so far that hasn't panned out.

no man said:
ps2 controller.. they're so... wonky.. i have a 360 and a gamecuber and their layouts are pretty much the same.. well actually im fine with any controller....

however i dont agree with it being better than M$'s or Nintendos..

Rating the GC, XBOX (360), and ps2 controllers i'd have to say 2,1,3 respectivly (i dont own a ps2 and have played it the least so.. yea)
I love my GC, but the controller is the worst controller in at least a generation. The button layout is very poor, and it's lacking a button (see SSX). Most games these days are designed around the ubiquitous PS 8 (not counting select and start) button layout. The 360 uses the same layout is a decent controller (MUCH better than Xbox), but the dpad still leaves a lot to be desired as well as the triggers not being the same size/shape. It's not a big deal, but the PS2 pad is pretty hard to improve on.

N

no man

Audioholic
abboudc said:
I love my GC, but the controller is the worst controller in at least a generation. The button layout is very poor, and it's lacking a button (see SSX). Most games these days are designed around the ubiquitous PS 8 (not counting select and start) button layout. The 360 uses the same layout is a decent controller (MUCH better than Xbox), but the dpad still leaves a lot to be desired as well as the triggers not being the same size/shape. It's not a big deal, but the PS2 pad is pretty hard to improve on.
i like the gc button layout - it lacks a few but w.e - less thinking :D

xbox controller kicksass
- i never (uber rarely) use the dpad so i really dont care bout it

ps2 controller - not my cup of tea

N

no man

Audioholic
abboudc said:
Well, the death rates for the machine are obscenely high, even when sitting on a shelf. Beware the red ring of death.
hmm i'm thinking most of them were caused by stupid people... (for future reference when i say "box" i mean 'Xbox 360' not the original xbox)
Ex. When the box first came out there were rumors of the system scratching and damaging discs and the system itself - then after simple analysis we found that tilting and moving the box's position (around the room or fliping it from its horizontal to vertical position [or vice versa]) while playing a game (while the disc was spining) was a bad idea.

my friends box busted a while back - who know sitting it on a thick carpet, cloging most of the air intakes, would result in the desruction of it..

anywho - gamespot released an article in which they compared various games that came out for both the box and the ps3 (piece-o-**** 3 [sorry.. had to say it]) -==> http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

heres a quote, "We found that the Xbox 360 actually had better graphics in the majority of the games we compared."

they said... BETTER!!!:eek: but how when the ps3 is, supposedly, 'superior'

i dont mean to be a pain in the ars, but i just wanted to emphasize that just because the ps3's "stronger" doesnt mean its better.

oh and on the NFS Carbon page, scroll down the the last pic and look at the ps3 version (mouse over the pic) notice in the rear view mirror the building thats supposed to be there isn't :D

N

no man

Audioholic
way to let the thread die..

i've stated this in other threads, but ill say it again here.. cause its relevant.

My 360 got into a fatal car accident while driving impared. It's last words were "god damn 3 red lights of doom". About a month later I recieved a new one. It's way quieter and the silver lining is slightly different from that of my original harddrive but w.e. The first generation 360's were like horrifically fat people driving old beaten down raw petrolium burning hummers made of ivory. The current generation one's (like my current one) are far quieter and freeze less, but they still do freeze which is really god damn annoying especially if you're playing a game that (for some reason beyond comprehention) lacks an Autosave feature, like frigin' Armored Core 4. So anyway.. M$ improved their product :]

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The first generation 360's were like horrifically fat people driving old beaten down raw petrolium burning hummers made of ivory.
That is some funny stuff right there...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I'll tell ya... Im glad I didn't buy one... I bought the original XBOX, and the more and more news about this generation of game consoles kept on getting worse and worse... I refused to buy any of them...

Seeing as I am really only interested in the XBMC anyways, I felt no reason to change. So Glad I Didn't... !!!!!

Lets see what next gen has to offer... All the companies dropped the ball this time..

N

no man

Audioholic
Well I understand what you mean.

PS3: sucks - nuff said
Wii: no HD - well done Nintendo... well done...
X360: freezes+dies - "screw improving the product, lets just advertize X]"

well the wii wasn't that bad, in fact i think it's pretty awesome, the whole motion sensative thing (that PS3 ripped off completely). but i agree Sony really dropped the ball on their balls. Too expensive, motion sensativity is a waste, and despite all their superior hardware they are still being crushed by the other consoles.. in all areas (aside from hardware.. obviously..) They were too ambitious. Xbox is aimed at teen and adults (through the massive array of M rated game), so Nintendo focused on the untouched audience (unless you're MJ, then you've touched them), Children; but they also kept their products General in the sense that everyone can play them - ageless games if you will.

I now have to go do some menial tasks - blah

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
My Wii is amazing. Add friends and alcohol and watch things in the house break. Loads of fun for everyone thats played it down to my 2 yo cousin.

My 360 is great, when it works.

PS3 is looking tempting with the whole bluray and hdmi.... oh and the $100 drop.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
My 360 is AWSOME

I bought my 360 in Feb. 07 and even though it was quite loud (Samsung drive) I have had a blast playing on XBL, watching movies downloaded via the marketplace.
I replaced my 360 last month with one that has the Ben-Q drive and must say it is very quiet compaired to the 360 w/ the Sammy drive. I have plans to replace my 360 when the new 65nm CPU chip is installed in all 360's. I may even upgrade to the Elite at that time too (yes I have a HDTV).

hyghwayman

C

crimsona

Audiophyte
The RRoD reliability issue is really the only thing stopping me - hope there's a fix soon. Anybody work for any retailers? Last I heard from the extended warranty guys, claims were sitting 14% for one big retailer in Canada.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
The RRoD reliability issue is really the only thing stopping me - hope there's a fix soon. Anybody work for any retailers? Last I heard from the extended warranty guys, claims were sitting 14% for one big retailer in Canada.
There's only anecdotal evidence, since Microsoft refuses to release numbers except saying the return rate was "unacceptably high".

I wouldn't worry about the RRoD now that you get a three year warranty against it. Chances are if it dies, it'll do so way before that.

R

redman_43

Junior Audioholic
Up until a few days ago, I was very happy. I turned it on Saturday morning and got the dreaded red ring of death. I bought it almost a year ago and now I get to send it to MS and pray that my hard drive comes back intact. I do not want to have to re-do all of that work again.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Up until a few days ago, I was very happy. I turned it on Saturday morning and got the dreaded red ring of death. I bought it almost a year ago and now I get to send it to MS and pray that my hard drive comes back intact. I do not want to have to re-do all of that work again.
You don't send the hard drive with it, you keep that and send in the rest of the unit, and they mail back a refurbed unit, you won't get the same box back.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
I can say it because none of the games previewed on the official website look like very good games (They all "look good"). I'm just not enthusiastic about any of the launch titles. But, historically speaking, Launch titles have always been so-so compared to what shows up a year later.

I just wish one of these next-gen consoles had World Of Warcraft. My 32mb eMac videocard can only do so much!
Launch titles so-so? Have you played resistance on the PS3? Maybe you should try it out before you call it so-so. Resistance is anything but so-so. Ask anyone.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Launch titles so-so? Have you played resistance on the PS3? Maybe you should try it out before you call it so-so. Resistance is anything but so-so. Ask anyone.
He didn't call the game so-so he said they were so-so comparing to games that came out later in the year which is generally true. The only reason Resistance so popular is because there isn't better on the ps3, yet. Yes, it is a solid FPS but it still isn't anything special its hard to make a great FPS when there are so many running around.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
PS3 Graphics

hmm i'm thinking most of them were caused by stupid people... (for future reference when i say "box" i mean 'Xbox 360' not the original xbox)
Ex. When the box first came out there were rumors of the system scratching and damaging discs and the system itself - then after simple analysis we found that tilting and moving the box's position (around the room or fliping it from its horizontal to vertical position [or vice versa]) while playing a game (while the disc was spining) was a bad idea.

my friends box busted a while back - who know sitting it on a thick carpet, cloging most of the air intakes, would result in the desruction of it..

anywho - gamespot released an article in which they compared various games that came out for both the box and the ps3 (piece-o-**** 3 [sorry.. had to say it]) -==> http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

heres a quote, "We found that the Xbox 360 actually had better graphics in the majority of the games we compared."

they said... BETTER!!!:eek: but how when the ps3 is, supposedly, 'superior'

i dont mean to be a pain in the ars, but i just wanted to emphasize that just because the ps3's "stronger" doesnt mean its better.

oh and on the NFS Carbon page, scroll down the the last pic and look at the ps3 version (mouse over the pic) notice in the rear view mirror the building thats supposed to be there isn't :D
Hey look at the textures of the building on the right of that bottom pic. The ps3 is much clearer, and detailed.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Resistance on ps3

He didn't call the game so-so he said they were so-so comparing to games that came out later in the year which is generally true. The only reason Resistance so popular is because there isn't better on the ps3, yet. Yes, it is a solid FPS but it still isn't anything special its hard to make a great FPS when there are so many running around.[/QUO

That's not my reason for liking Resistance, I guess it's special to me. I really can't find a game like it. IMHO

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Xbox 360

I saw it is a PWNZOR machine..... You know what though when the red ring of death happens every 5 mins after I start my machine.. well. Yeah makes me pissed.

I don't know if I can get it replaced now though. I think I have had it for 1.5 years, and I'm sure I lost the receipt by now. It's killing me as I just baught 2 games and wanted another good few comming out. I may have to find someone with an extended warranty plan for replacing it. Never ever has a machine been so prown to problems....

At least with my original nintendo I could blow the cartidge Qtip the terminals push down 5 times wiggle the cartridge then down again then on reset off reset on....
If you don't remember doing that you are a newbfish.
:p :D :cool:

I think it's pretty bad when it takes year after year after year of many times 24 hour pluss gaming to break down a ps-2 but 1.5 years of anything but agressive gaming with a cooling fan too and it hits the fan. Great system great games made, INCREDABLE games on the way.. using old tech too vs. the new tech from ps3 and a price point in the realm of convention....

only thring wrong.. it doesn't work...

RRoD is insane and just plain bad for the company. It will drive many customers to be away, poor guys like me may have to buy a new box though.
=P

N

no man

Audioholic
i lost my reciept and i still got a new one shipped, they only ask you for when you think you purchased it.

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
Yeah, you have 3 years now so you should be good.

Mine keeps getting the ring but its hit or miss. Sometimes it will do it 2 or 3 times in a row when starting up, some days not at all (my cousin and his friends were over playing for about 5-8 hours today with 0 rings). I'll send mine in once school starts up. I already have a Wii and I bought a seperate DVD player so I should hang in there heh.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis