Satisfied with your 360?

How Satisfied are you with your Xbox 360?

• IT'S A GOD MACHINE!!! AWESOME!!!

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Nothing special.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'd rather eat my own feces! I regret buying the heap.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
N

no man

Audioholic
This thread, as you might have guessed asks you how satisfied you are with your 360? If you're not sure if you wanna get one then your questions will be answered here.:D

Me: Right i think its awesome! I recently got a router and hooked it up so i can download movied :)D) and play Chromehounds at the same time! Also i use my router to play music off my pc through my 360/tv!

Now that i got the pros outa the way i get to name my cons >
First off i didnt like how you couldnt copy songs off data cd's/mp3 players, but just view them. its not that big of a downside, but still..

Umm yea i dont think there are any other cons to it...

:D Peace :D

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not enough good games

XBox Live best invention ever. Who'da thunk we'd buy $400 computers to play Uno 24hrs a day?

D

davo

Full Audioholic
I wasn't sure if no man was for/against sony but it is pretty obvious here!
First of all, they have hardly any good games.
Secondly, the moment PS3 comes out with HD-dolby digital, HD-dts and HDMI v1.3 it is going to make 360 obsolete in a home theatre.
Thirdly, you don't have to go out and buy a Blu-ray player on top of the cost of the concole because it's got one built in.
Forth, I think microsoft are a bunch of meanies and they smell!!!;)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Secondly, the moment PS3 comes out with HD-dolby digital, HD-dts and HDMI v1.3 it is going to make 360 obsolete in a home theatre.
I'm gonna wait until I actually see this thing in stores with all these miracle features. PS2 never delivered on its promises either (every game looks better than Toy Story).

And as far as I can tell, PS3 has no good games lined-up for it either. (Unless Killzone 2 is released with the system).

N

no man

Audioholic
wow its been a while, ive been really busy with other random stuff. its not that i hate sony, i just want them to die :)

over priced stuff, underpain workers.. overpriced ps3... overpriced tvs.. overpriced electronics...

im actually considering getting a REVOLUTION (their other [more "official" name] suck big balls) cause of the multiplayer brawl :p

also you can dl any previous nintendo game - absolutly the MOST backwards compatible system ever to spawn its.. not that new technology :l

o well.. i dont have an hd tv.. YET so if i get it it'll kickass.. anyone know its its online thing is free?? i havnt bothered to read up on it [:

i'm a rock n roll potato chip!

N

no man

Audioholic
me no likey ps3 for they are asswipes [:

stole ideas from the 360 ]:<

such as wireless controllers.. while im on that topic... why 7??? out of all off stupidest numbers for a system to support.. 7 would be it.. how the hell do you split a screen in 7 ways without having it look like crazy thin rectangles or misshapen squares?? 8 would seem to be the obvious choice but at sony, "wow... dude.. what about..7??"
project manager - "you're a moron.. LETS DO IT :D *smashes face into wall*"

D

davo

Full Audioholic
what ever!!

How have sony stolen the idea of wireless controllers from m/s? I bought my wireless controller for my PS2 two YEARS ago! And its not like wireless hasn't been around for ages. You probably think m/s invented electricity.

And for the record, PS3 already has 5 games that play in 1080P ready for lunch in november, with plenty more on the way. What has 360 got?

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
I'm gonna wait until I actually see this thing in stores with all these miracle features. PS2 never delivered on its promises either (every game looks better than Toy Story).

And as far as I can tell, PS3 has no good games lined-up for it either. (Unless Killzone 2 is released with the system).
These "miracle features" as you stated are the big reason PS3 was delayed in the first place. If anyone has bothered to do some research on the PS3, hardware or game wise, instead of listen to rumors like, "the games are going to be $80," they would know Sony has a strong launch lineup of around 19 titles and the specs and features blow all other consoles out of the water. If anyone wants to get into the advatages and disadvatages of the current three consoles, this is going to be a very long thread. Even more information about the PS3 should be announced this Thursday reporting more games and the features of the online service.

To me, it's all about the games. Playstation has had the best games for a console since 1995. They have also released the most titles and have sold the most games of any console to date since 1995. Given the history, how can you say that Playstation 3 will have "no good games?"

On the other hand, I also stood out in the cold for 4 hours to reserve a Nintendo Wii. I was second in line and my local Ebgames was able to reserve 10 systems.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Bigsilvs said:
To me, it's all about the games. Playstation has had the best games for a console since 1995. They have also released the most titles and have sold the most games of any console to date since 1995. Given the history, how can you say that Playstation 3 will have "no good games?"
I can say it because none of the games previewed on the official website look like very good games (They all "look good"). I'm just not enthusiastic about any of the launch titles. But, historically speaking, Launch titles have always been so-so compared to what shows up a year later.

I just wish one of these next-gen consoles had World Of Warcraft. My 32mb eMac videocard can only do so much!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
I can say it because none of the games previewed on the official website look like very good games (They all "look good"). I'm just not enthusiastic about any of the launch titles. But, historically speaking, Launch titles have always been so-so compared to what shows up a year later.

I just wish one of these next-gen consoles had World Of Warcraft. My 32mb eMac videocard can only do so much!
Yeah, but all the old PS2 games will play on it. That is reason enough to buy it.

GT4 in HD.... aaawwwwwwragah.

SheepStar

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:

I agree that launch titles in general are always mediocre to straight up bad, but that's with every system. Most of Nintendo's big games do not come out until 2007 except for Zelda and same with the PS3. The Xbox 360 has been out for 1 year and still no Halo 3 and Gears of War is just getting released.

As for World of Warcraft, I do respect the game, but when a casual gamer can reach the level cap in 3-4 months, what's the point? Yeah pvp is fun for a while but that also gets old fast. Blizzard had something special but the first expansion is coming out way to late after many people have lost interest because the game is far too easy.

N

no man

Audioholic
yes well i'm made of magic so my opinion matters more (to me atleast [: )

im agreeing with ninja about the launch titles.. and about the ps3 specs
"OMGOSH THAT PIXEL LOOKS SOO MUCH CLEARER! ITS ALMOST... whats teh word im looking for... ahh right! NOTICABLE"

i dont mean to be an a$s, but picture wise there wont be much of a different (aside from a letter --> refering to i/p)

the think is we're biased to one side of the argument (nintendo sits and watches) i've never really liked the ps2, the controllers wonky in my opinion.. maybe kuz ive adapted to xbox controllers, but anyway those who argue against me are (most likely) diehard ps/2/3 fans.. so when voicing your opinion try to remove bias and be honest, or make like a banana and $HIT!

N

no man

Audioholic
Bigsilvs said:
I agree that launch titles in general are always mediocre to straight up bad, but that's with every system. Most of Nintendo's big games do not come out until 2007 except for Zelda and same with the PS3. The Xbox 360 has been out for 1 year and still no Halo 3 and Gears of War is just getting released.

As for World of Warcraft, I do respect the game, but when a casual gamer can reach the level cap in 3-4 months, what's the point? Yeah pvp is fun for a while but that also gets old fast. Blizzard had something special but the first expansion is coming out way to late after many people have lost interest because the game is far too easy.
the old zelda games kick as$!!! (the n64 ones!) makes me wish i had my 64 still.. i wanna buy one again and a couple games for it :p

starfox 65
starcraft 64
command n conquer 64
the cruisin trilogy
zelda games
super smash bros

- anyway i half agree with what you've said

i dont know if you were refering to the 360's launch titles or launch titles in general (which would probably include the 360..) but two of them where awesome - Oblivion and PDark Zero - i might get gears of war.. not sure, however, i will get halo 3 as ive said billions of times.. the wait is annoying, but its better they take their time with it and get rida glitches and make it good as it can be before releasing it

now for my shpeal about WoW:
pay to play -No.

i hate the concept of pay to play (unless its for diablo 3 if/when blizzard releases it)

a simple solution to my hatred of pay to play would be to play in a hack server :p

N

no man

Audioholic
davo said:
How have sony stolen the idea of wireless controllers from m/s? I bought my wireless controller for my PS2 two YEARS ago! And its not like wireless hasn't been around for ages. You probably think m/s invented electricity.

And for the record, PS3 already has 5 games that play in 1080P ready for lunch in november, with plenty more on the way. What has 360 got?
im not saying ms made the wireless controller, but the ps3's controllers originally werent going to be wireless, when they say the 360's were gonna be wireless they altered their plans.

the 360 launched with more than 5 games (1080i) if you wanna know what the 360's got then go to xbox.com [:

3rd post in a row :D

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
no man said:
yes well i'm made of magic so my opinion matters more (to me atleast [: )

im agreeing with ninja about the launch titles.. and about the ps3 specs
"OMGOSH THAT PIXEL LOOKS SOO MUCH CLEARER! ITS ALMOST... whats teh word im looking for... ahh right! NOTICABLE"

i dont mean to be an a$s, but picture wise there wont be much of a different (aside from a letter --> refering to i/p)
So what your saying is that a game in 720p or 1080i looks the same as a game in 1080p? Right... Also do you know or have you forgotten that the PS3 will also take 1080p to an even higher level using HDMI 1.3? Heres an Audioholics article to refresh your memory on how much better 1080p using HDMI 1.3 is than standard 1080p:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/HDMI13specificationQA.php

N

no man

Audioholic
Bigsilvs said:
So what your saying is that a game in 720p or 1080i looks the same as a game in 1080p? Right... Also do you know or have you forgotten that the PS3 will also take 1080p to an even higher level using HDMI 1.3? Heres an Audioholics article to refresh your memory on how much better 1080p using HDMI 1.3 is than standard 1080p:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/HDMI13specificationQA.php
i dont recall ever mentioning 720p, and i didnt say it was the same. i said:
"...but picture wise there wont be much of a different..." the key word: much..

i dont own an hdtv yet (i will within the next 6 months :D) so far as my standard (crap) tv goes - its all the same

also i changed my opinion on the ps3: im still not gonna get it (price reasons), im not a fan of sony to begin with and i dont like the controller layout, BUT heres whats new:
before i said that there was only one good game coming out for the ps3, i've changed it to 2

-killzone 2
-the new theif game (3 i think)

... wait... do you even own a 360? 'cause if you do then you sure love to slam it and dwarf its capabilities..

new persepctive time: when you invite friends over to play a game do you:
a) play the game till your eyes bleed (or they have to leave.. you still continue playing)
b) sit and stare at the screen commenting on how nice the picture is

if you chose option b then please make a large fire in your back yard and jump into it :)

i still play older games (on pc, xbox games, gamecube, n64, snes) the graphics arnt good compared to the newest games, but who cares! you play a game for the excitement and action/fun, not to comment on the graphics capabilities of the game or system

i think the ps3 looks like a bloated minifridge :D

and now i wait for someone to slam my comments :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

davo

Full Audioholic
I have to agree that graphics do not make the game. But that logic only carries so far in the tv world. Would you rather watch your favorite program in SD or HD ? 480i or 1080p? It is still the same program but gee it looks alot nicer in 1080p. That goes for documentaries/sports/movies/gaming/etc.

And if you think it not much of a big deal, think about how many factories are been built throughout russia/china/japan/korea/etc just to build these unimportant tv's. Add to that the fact that the technogy is getting cheaper(check out ink jet screen printing of SED screens) and you will start to appreciate where we are heading in the next 12 months and beyond.

There is something alluring about a bloated mini-fridge...;)

N

no man

Audioholic
davo said:
I have to agree that graphics do not make the game. But that logic only carries so far in the tv world. Would you rather watch your favorite program in SD or HD ? 480i or 1080p? It is still the same program but gee it looks alot nicer in 1080p. That goes for documentaries/sports/movies/gaming/etc.

And if you think it not much of a big deal, think about how many factories are been built throughout russia/china/japan/korea/etc just to build these unimportant tv's. Add to that the fact that the technogy is getting cheaper(check out ink jet screen printing of SED screens) and you will start to appreciate where we are heading in the next 12 months and beyond.
the only difference i've REALLLY noticed is the text.. * sure its widescreen and clearer, but the colours still the same, but i wouldnt mind living in a completly HD world, but it however doesnt mean the world to me

industrialization sucks so i dont care about those factories

There is something alluring about a bloated mini-fridge...;)
we obviously differ in opinions when it comes to bloated minifridges :D

*comparing my crap SD tv (i have 2, one that kicks ***, the other is old and dumb), to my friends 55" HDTV

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
It's a competent game machine. I'm satisfied so far. It's funny, half of the above posts talk about hardware specs and 720p vs. 1080p, and no one's talking about GAMES, which is ultimately what makes a game system, well, a game system.

Pluses:
Xbox live is pretty cool. Sony or Nintendo will be hard pressed to match it (out of the gate anyway).
Connectivity with other devices (iPod, computer).
Will benefit from PS3's outrageous price point.

Neutral:
Games will look as good as PS3 (at least for a while). There's no doubt that the PS3 is more powerful, but a multiplatform game developer will develop for the least common denominator (the Xbox360) and "up-port" to the other. Xbox was the most powerful game machine of the last generation, but the games were marginally better looking than PS2 (nicer textures, that's it). They're not going to redo their poly models. Developing a highly customized multithreaded game engine for PS3 will take a year or two, then we might see something special.

Negatives:
The machine is more fragile than grandma's China.
Complete lack of support in Japan, which unfortunately is going to have ramifications here very soon.
Too many first person shooters and not enough everything else. All the "must have" games are shooters (Halo, Gears of War, COD)
The PS2 controller is better.

This generation is going to be different than those in the past, as there will be far fewer exclusives. Most exclusives will be first party, and neither Sony or Microsoft really makes that many great games themselves.

Last edited:
N

no man

Audioholic
abboudc said:
Negatives:
The machine is more fragile than grandma's China.
lmao! my system just sits on an open shelf, and i'm not willing to test how fragile it is :p (unless i shat money.. then i might)

Complete lack of support in Japan, which unfortunately is going to have ramifications here very soon.
when i play chromehounds we always get decimated by people in asia going on when its like 4-5 am :l

Too many first person shooters and not enough everything else. All the "must have" games are shooters (Halo, Gears of War, COD)
FPS kick ***!! theres nothing wrong with sufficating in them :D i'm an uber fan of fps so i find that to be a good thing :D - racing games are awesome too

The PS2 controller is better.
ps2 controller.. they're so... wonky.. i have a 360 and a gamecuber and their layouts are pretty much the same.. well actually im fine with any controller....

however i dont agree with it being better than M$'s or Nintendos..

Rating the GC, XBOX (360), and ps2 controllers i'd have to say 2,1,3 respectivly (i dont own a ps2 and have played it the least so.. yea)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis