KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Seriously, leave the sub in the box, you can lay the on its side, and slide it up the stairs, you'll need to push low on the bottom of the box so it doesn't try to tip and catch the corner of the next step. If your stairs are carpeted or at least have a smooth surface on the front edges, this should work with out the risk of dropping it and give you a fairly convenient way to catch your breath as/if needed. Still doesn't hurt to have a second person, but they don't need to be weightlifters - my GF can hold it still if I need to regrip or get thirsty and need to go grab a beer or something.:)

Note: If you take it out of the box, it will be less than 20" long. My step edges measure 12" apart, so it needs to be at least 24" to insure the front edge of 2 steps are supporting it at any time (so it doesn't tip into the face of next step). The box is just over 25".

Last edited:
Transmaniacon

Transmaniacon

Audioholic
Go to your local hardware store and buy some furniture moving straps. They are around $20, but allow two people to move a heavy object much more easily. Definitely a good investment, and you can use them for all sorts of items you may need to move.

D

Dr. Bob

Junior Audioholic
Seriously, leave the sub in the box, you can lay the on its side, and slide it up the stairs, you'll need to push low on the bottom of the box so it doesn't try to tip and catch the corner of the next step. If your stairs are carpeted or at least have a smooth surface on the front edges, this should work with out the risk of dropping it and give you a fairly convenient way to catch your breath as/if needed. Still doesn't hurt to have a second person, but they don't need to be weightlifters - my GF can hold it still if I need to regrip or get thirsty and need to go grab a beer or something.:)

Note: If you take it out of the box, it will be less than 20" long. My steps measure 12" apart, so it needs to be at least 24" to insure the front edge of 2 steps are supporting it at any time (so it doesn't tip into the face of next step). The box is just over 25".
That's a great suggestion, thanks, KEW! Though our stairs are a bit tricky, with landings, triangle shaped steps, etc. Probably I'll just grab my neighbor - he's an Army reservist (and a lot younger)...

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
And if you encourage him to help hook up the Rythmik and "test", he'll be asking your help selecting pieces for his new passion.

jubi

jubi

Enthusiast
Bonjour Kew
[Quote = "Kew, poste: 1096252, membre: 41838"] Si vous voulez la précision, vous voulez que le Rythmik.
Cela dit, sachez que vous ne pouvez pas obtenir l'expérience de HT vous attendez hors de lui!
Je récemment aidé un gars avec sa nouvelle sous. Il était une réaction Audio 18 "bête. Il était déçu car (10 de son voisin"?) Onkyo sous semblait plus fort. En vérité, Audyssey avait fait un excellent travail d'intégration de la sous dans son système, mais il a été à la recherche d'un fort accent sur les fréquences de 30 Hz inférieurs (qui surestime la conception Onkyo pour compenser le manque d'extension).
Le Rythmik vous donnera basses précis et plus l'extension (F3 à 14Hz!) Que le SVS; Toutefois, le SVS est accordé à ajouter de l'emphase à l'~ 20Hz. Ce accent ajoutée est passionnant pour HT, mais sera compromettre votre SQ pour la musique.
Je dois Rythmiks et de leur amour pour la musique. Je l'ai aussi joué avec l'augmentation du niveau de sous à l'AVR du 3 au 6 dB en fonction du film. Si il est un film d'action (c.-à-Avengers), je tourne les sous-marins. Si il est un film de dialogue avec la musique (c. Happiness Therapy), je laisse les sous-marins comme ils sont. [/ QUOTE]

jubi

jubi

Enthusiast
:)Hello Kew: the box of low Onkyo of 10 thumbs(inches) seemed stronger and can - ètre more musical than audio sub reaction 18! Could you explain me this visible contradiction?
Being interested in a gamma 21, I wonder about the quality of the subwoofers of jéremie of audio reaction!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It was a misperception.
That was one person's opinion based on what he knew - car boomy systems.
The Gamma 21 is excellent (tres bien).
Avoid Onkyo 10" (de mauvais aloi)! It may boom loud, but it will not shake!

D

Donovan84

Audiophyte
Update: I finally decided on Rythmik. I called them to ask about the differences between F12 and F12G, and I'm glad I did - when I mentioned the size of my room, Brian (I think it was) said the 12's aren't sufficient for a room larger than 2200 cu.ft. He recommended the L22 or E15. I knew there was a B stock E15 on clearance for just over $1000, so I snatched it up. I figure there's no point in spending almost $1000 to get something that won't work in the space, when I can spend a bit more and get something that will work. (And Jman chose this sub over the SB13-Ultra – how can I go wrong?)

Now I just need to wait ... and figure out how I'm going to get 100 lbs up 3 flights of stairs....
Never heard an update on the purchase. Happy with the results?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis