RX-V675 or RX-A3070

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I run both my RX-V1800 and 1900 flat when watching movies and it sounds excellent to me.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
They shouldn't sound all that different. My old RX-V659 and new Yamaha TSR-7810 (Same as an RX-V781) sound almost the same. The main difference is the remote works a lot better on the new one, and it has better video capabilities. Both are too bright, IMHO out of the box, or running YPAO, which really didn't work well at all on the 659, so I set it up manually. On the 7810, I'm about to get my surrounds set up this next week, hopefully, and will see if YPAO is worth anything. So far, running LCR and a junk sub, I'm happy with a simple treble cut in the tone control menu. My main complaint on the 7810 is it keeps turning on the "Enhancer", which does exactly the opposite of what it's claimed to do. My friend's A-2060 does it too. It's a 2 second fix, but it's one of those, "How can they not of fixed this issue with the latest firmware update?", which I got a few days ago.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I run both my RX-V1800 and 1900 flat when watching movies and it sounds excellent to me.
That's a good point. I may try the Flat setting for movies. Natural tames the brightness a bit for music. But I may want that back when watching and listening to movies. My speakers sound better for music then they do HT. The crispness of the Flat setting might liven up the speakers a bit. Natural and Flat is not a night and day , but I can definitely hear a difference.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That's a good point. I may try the Flat setting for movies. Natural tames the brightness a bit for music. But I may want that back when watching and listening to movies. My speakers sound better for music then they do HT. The crispness of the Flat setting might liven up the speakers a bit. Natural and Flat is not a night and day , but I can definitely hear a difference.
I haven’t played with the “scene” functions. Does that let you do this for the same source such as Blu-ray with multiple settings like one as flat and another as natural?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I haven’t played with the “scene” functions. Does that let you do this for the same source such as Blu-ray with multiple settings like one as flat and another as natural?
I haven't played around with the scene function yet, I'll have to read up on that. It might be an option though. I know you can do it with the "Setting Pattern" function. You can save 2 setting patterns and use them for whatever source you are listening to. A setting pattern will save your speaker setting (large or small) Crossover setting and Eq setting.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Good Thread on Yamaha units, I will be upgrading in the near. I have the 7790, nice unit be it’s has its quirks and I’m reading the mid to flagship unit has issues to. On accessories4less you can pick up a flagship 3070, 60, 50 and the mid level flagships also with 18 months of warranty. I like the manual EQ settings. Graph is pretty awesome when using. This is my first Yamaha in 10 years or so unit has perform flawlessly to date. Thanks guys for your input on Yamaha reading this Thread is helping me to decide to either stay Yamaha or try Denon or Marantz.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis