Running old Harman Kardon HK3600 with new Samsung TV

J

JoeNKentucky

Audiophyte
I am completely new to audio systems, but have always loved music. I currently have a good system in my living room, but want to switch out tvs and run the second system in my game room. I am debating buying a Sony STRDN1080 1155W 7.2 ch. receiver or utilizing my old Harman Kardan HK3600. If I use the HK3600, can I run the TV sound through the system? Here is what will make up the rest of the system:

Samsung 65" JS8500 SUHD LED Curved Screen TV
Energy CB20 speakers as main
Energy CC5 Center Channel
Klipsch R-12SW Reference Powered Subwoofer (Still in box. Debating returning and buying either Polk HTS 10 or HSU VTF-2 MK5)
Polk bookshelf speakers as rears (Can't remember what they are since I bought them about 7 years ago.

I am currently running a Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303 upstairs. with the Samsung. I am going to buy an LG for upstairs and move the Samsung downstairs. What are your thoughts on the receivers and if I do use the old Harman Kardon can I run the TV through it? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated and I hope this is the right forum to post this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure why you chose the DIY forum instead of the avr/tv oriented ones. (this is more a forum for building your own components). No biggie but curious :)

Your HK is probably HDMI ARC capable? Your tv should be. You can also run an optical output from tv to most avrs.

J

JoeNKentucky

Audiophyte
Thanks. I wasn't sure where to post this. It does not have HDMI. I will check for optical.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis