Robb elementary shooting in TX

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
something is better than nothing, although it should prove interesting as to interpretation and enforcement not to mention prosecution when the time comes...........

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
something is better than nothing, although it should prove interesting as to interpretation and enforcement not to mention prosecution when the time comes...........
Jeez you still only have to be 18 to buy an assault rifle.:rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
yeah, I know, but isn't there mandates in the bill for increased scrutiny of the 18-21 age group ?
Human nature and human error tell me that it won't help as much as they hope- if a gun dealer is against gun control and they know how to game the system, they can cause a lot of problems. I can't say that I would expect it to happen more in any single area of the US, either- gun control opponents/crazies are everywhere.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Human nature and human error tell me that it won't help as much as they hope- if a gun dealer is against gun control and they know how to game the system, they can cause a lot of problems. I can't say that I would expect it to happen more in any single area of the US, either- gun control opponents/crazies are everywhere.
When it comes to the guns stores I've dealt with so far in TX, they are all about being strict and following the law. These have been nice places and some are national so I can't speak to the small mom and pop places that may have a bit more "wiggle room". Not sure what that wiggle room would look like though.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
yeah, I know, but isn't there mandates in the bill for increased scrutiny of the 18-21 age group ?
I guess. People do like to play Rambo.:rolleyes: What are you defending? The Blue Army who might confiscate your guns? Whatever happened to the hand gun and the rifle? Now you need an automatic to defend against BLMers.:confused:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm afraid a senator's kid has to get killed. Then maybe change will happen with these automatics. :confused:

highfigh

highfigh

When it comes to the guns stores I've dealt with so far in TX, they are all about being strict and following the law. These have been nice places and some are national so I can't speak to the small mom and pop places that may have a bit more "wiggle room". Not sure what that wiggle room would look like though.
Not sure why someone would have wiggle room when they're all supposed to follow the same rules when selling guns and vetting buyers, as much as someone could easily lie when they fill out the questionnaire.The only thing missing is a place for someone to put "No, really!", "Honest! I would never do that!" or "I can't do that if I want a gun? I. Did. Not. Know. That.".

highfigh

highfigh

I'm afraid a senator's kid has to get killed. Then maybe change will happen with these automatics. :confused:
Why do you call them 'automatic'? The only way an AR or Glock can be made automatic is by adding something that is illegal- in the case of an AR, it would be a bump stock which was made illegal after the Las Vegas shooting or an automatic sear and in the case of a Glock, a 'switch' that mounts to the rear of the slide.

WRT a Senator's kid being shot, that's one of the reasons they go to private schools, as well as the (generally) better education and connections made/points on their resume for going to certain elite-level schools.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why do you call them 'automatic'? The only way an AR or Glock can be made automatic is by adding something that is illegal- in the case of an AR, it would be a bump stock which was made illegal after the Las Vegas shooting or an automatic sear and in the case of a Glock, a 'switch' that mounts to the rear of the slide.

WRT a Senator's kid being shot, that's one of the reasons they go to private schools, as well as the (generally) better education and connections made/points on their resume for going to certain elite-level schools.
Doesn't much matter. Assault rifles hold high capacity mags.

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah, it matters. Stop using emotion to promote the agenda. Illegal high capacity mags for pistols can kill just as many people- why do people use AR-style weapons as the poster boy for gun control? It's because they look scary and something the military uses. Look at crime stats- lots of people are killed by someone with a .22, .25 (Saturday Night Special), .32 and other small calibers- it only takes one or two well-placed rounds to kill someone- the others just go to the hospital or get mad and return to kill the one(s) who shot them in a revenge shooting.

In either case, it's the fault of the people, not the guns. The fact that too many people don't give a shyte who they sell guns to is another major part of the equation and the majority of gun deaths involve people who know each other to some degree.

This guy was seen on video shaking the hand of someone he killed- he continues to be arrested and then, he's released because he posts bail. Watch the video. The convenience store mentioned (27th & Burleigh) is the same place where the former neighbor I mentioned was shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It matters a hell of a lot. That's like saying a diesel truck and a corvette are the same because they both have 4 wheels.

Emptying a mag with 30 trigger pulls is totally different than emptying it with one.

highfigh

highfigh

It matters a hell of a lot. That's like saying a diesel truck and a corvette are the same because they both have 4 wheels.

Emptying a mag with 30 trigger pulls is totally different than emptying it with one.
Unfortunately, someone who has experience with a semi-auto weapon can fire a helluva lot of rounds in a short period of time- I hear gunfire that sounds like auto, but it's not fast enough, even though the cadence is extremely even. No, it's not fireworks.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Wow, what standards. :confused: There's the Rambo style of clips with shells hanging down from your neck vs. point-and-click however many times rapidly. Slap in another cartridge and go again.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, it matters. Stop using emotion to promote the agenda. Illegal high capacity mags for pistols can kill just as many people- why do people use AR-style weapons as the poster boy for gun control? It's because they look scary and something the military uses. Look at crime stats- lots of people are killed by someone with a .22, .25 (Saturday Night Special), .32 and other small calibers- it only takes one or two well-placed rounds to kill someone- the others just go to the hospital or get mad and return to kill the one(s) who shot them in a revenge shooting.

In either case, it's the fault of the people, not the guns. The fact that too many people don't give a shyte who they sell guns to is another major part of the equation and the majority of gun deaths involve people who know each other to some degree.

This guy was seen on video shaking the hand of someone he killed- he continues to be arrested and then, he's released because he posts bail. Watch the video. The convenience store mentioned (27th & Burleigh) is the same place where the former neighbor I mentioned was shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special
let me guess.......Milwaukee has some liberal POS for a DA ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis