Robb elementary shooting in TX

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm puzzled that the wording of such an important passage as the 2nd amendment could be so ambiguous, as to make it a veritable Rorschach test. Such tortured syntax calls into question the supposed omniscience of the founders. What makes this amendment so sacred that it - apparently - cannot be modified or rescinded, being outdated as written?

If its purpose was to ensure the freedom/liberty of US citizens it doesn't seem to be doing the job any better than the laws of other developed countries.
I doubt they meant the constitution to be sacred without updating. So, they did envision changes to it or law as needed but we do have originalists on the court benches at the highest level who just cannot see this as it serves their purpose not to. There are a lot of things not in it yet we have laws to fill the blanks and limits on what is in there like free speech has limits. There are no absolutes but, unfortunately the very place that matters, they do see absolutes when they want to. :eek:

But what the hell I am far from understanding such matters.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I doubt they meant the constitution to be sacred without updating. So, they did envision changes to it or law as needed but we do have originalists on the court benches at the highest level who just cannot see this as it serves their purpose not to. There are a lot of things not in it yet we have laws to fill the blanks and limits on what is in there like free speech has limits. There are no absolutes but, unfortunately the very place that matters, they do see absolutes when they want to. :eek:

But what the hell I am far from understanding such matters.
The 2nd amendment is such a thing to begin with....but getting an amendment passed is very difficult. The system is setup to keep repeating mistakes more than I'd like....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger once said, “The gun lobby’s interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American people by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.”
Wasn't he placed on the bench by a Republican president?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It’s the gun. It’s an assault weapon.
designed with one purpose, kill as many PEOPLE as possible in as short amount of time.

i never new that so many police and politicians suffer from a speech impediment. Funny how they all start stuttering when asked about licensing, registration, wait times, or restricting access to the weapon….

but speak eloquently when discussing arming teachers, providing mental health, condemning parents, the internet, pop culture, being woke, immigration,

we have had mass shootings at grocery stores, schools, malls, theaters, concerts, etc. the idea that having armed guards everywhere at all times to “prevent” mass shootings is…

A police state. With a large number of citizens that are deputized to keep / restore law no order. 1/6.
Why hell, teachers don't have enough on their plates yet, let's get them armed so they can shoot, and while we are at it, let's get them taught how to be mental health advisers so they are johnny on the spot. Might as well build a mote around schools. Lock all doors to make it more difficult to escape fires. Just home school everyone.

What nonsense.

If 400 million weapons not keeping us safe, maybe we need 800 million?
Aren't we the safest country with 400 million? Other countries must have billions on hand to be safe as they are.

More bs....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A law suit in the works?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sandy-hook-shooting-the-unprecedented-73m-settlement-with-gunmaker-remington/

An AR-15 type gun is said to be used in Uvalde to murder 21 people, 19 children and 2 teachers. The shooter bought two of those guns, both within 3 days of his 18th birthday, and used one of them on his rampage. I’d read that the guns were made by a gun manufacturer, called Daniel Defense, and each gun cost $1,870 retail. The murderer also had about 1,600 rounds of ammunition. This raises several good questions. Where does an unemployed high school drop-out get the means to buy all that? And how does a licensed gun dealer not suspect trouble when a kid, barely 18-years-old buys two of those weapons, plus all that ammunition, within a few days? By now, we’re used to hearing people ask those questions, as we are also used to seeing them ignored by people who should know better.

I also read something else more encouraging this morning. CBS News ran a story recounting the events coming from the 2013 school massacre in Sandy Hook, Connecticut. Parents of a six-year-old boy, Ben Wheeler, along with eight other Sandy Hook families, filed suit against Remington, the manufacturer of the gun used back then.

Last February, they won an unprecedented $73 million settlement from Remington. This was despite the existence of a 2005 law, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). Calling such a law “Lawful Commerce” is an ugly understatement among many in the bloody history of arguing over the Second Amendment.

The law was intended to shield gun manufacturers from legal liability from mass murders committed with their guns. It tried to eliminate the common law rights people would otherwise have to bring a lawsuit against manufacturers, such as automobiles, tobacco products, or pharmaceuticals. Still in effect today, this law is a travesty, but typical of the extremes taken by the politicians owned by the NRA.

Read the whole article. It's not too long, but it explains in some detail how the Sandy Hook families won against what seemed like a stacked deck. Daniel Defense is probably looking over it's shoulders, nervously, as I write this.
I hope the maker of this weapon gets sued to bankruptcy.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The 2nd amendment is such a thing to begin with....but getting an amendment passed is very difficult. The system is setup to keep repeating mistakes more than I'd like....
Yes, but laws could be passed easier to regulate if it wasn't for the supreme court's originalists. Case after case becomes unconstitutional.

Why don't we have originalists on that free expression, speech?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, but laws could be passed easier to regulate if it wasn't for the supreme court's originalists. Case after case becomes unconstitutional.

Why don't we have originalists on that free expression, speech?
Who/what are "originalists" particularly....not familiar with that term.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Who/what are "originalists" particularly....not familiar with that term.
Oh, the supreme court justices who believe in the constitution as the founding fathers wrote it, in essence no change to it until they so deem it can be changed/limited by law. Why Alito goes back, way back before 1785 to make excuses.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So essentially sticking your head as far in the sand as you can get?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I hope the maker of this weapon gets sued to bankruptcy.
Come to think of it, I am wondering i the governor of Texas and lawmakers coud be brought into that suit for wanton negligence and disregard the safety of their citizens

highfigh

highfigh

Parents/family? Credit card?
Hard to say at this point- I looked for info about the city and the average income is about $27K with single mothers averaging less than $16K. He worked at Wendy's.

This is the first I have read about his father-

Journalism- it's not for the thinking, at times. They reported that he had been bullied for his speech impediments, now his father says he was bullied fro his clothes. If this article is true, that kid was not a happy person.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis