H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
OK guys I actually found I think the perfect stand but there is a but. The TV depth is 15.9 inches and the stand is 16 inches even. Is that cutting it too close? Any ideas or suggestions? I will leave a link to see what you think.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OK guys I actually found I think the perfect stand but there is a but. The TV depth is 15.9 inches and the stand is 16 inches even. Is that cutting it too close? Any ideas or suggestions? I will leave a link to see what you think.

The tv depth or the depth of the stand it's on? :)

If it fits, it fits....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The tv depth or the depth of the stand it's on? :)

If it fits, it fits....
Yeah I'm just worried about it slipping off or something. A friend suggested putting a rubber mat down that people put in kitchen cabinets so it doesn't slip.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I'm just worried about it slipping off or something. A friend suggested putting a rubber mat down that people put in kitchen cabinets so it doesn't slip.

Yeah a pad or anti-slip material underneath to protect the top surface would be a good idea. I doubt unless you pushed fairly hard it would be an issue, but if you have kids....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah a pad or anti-slip material underneath to protect the top surface would be a good idea. I doubt unless you pushed fairly hard it would be an issue, but if you have kids....
Nah my kid would touch the TV. I'm feeling better now. I've never ever had a TV on its stand before so I'm think right now it's flimsy or they slip easy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nah my kid would touch the TV. I'm feeling better now. I've never ever had a TV on its stand before so I'm think right now it's flimsy or they slip easy.

Been using my tv's stands in a few cases for years....never even think about it. One even has a bit of overhang because I've not yet built a better cabinet/bigger sub for it to sit on :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Been using my tv's stands in a few cases for years....never even think about it. One even has a bit of overhang because I've not yet built a better cabinet/bigger sub for it to sit on :)
I'm back to the original stand, looks really nice, looks easy to put together and it's plenty deep. I will make the 50 pound weight limit on the bottom 2 shelves work.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
OK, Mr Indecisive made a decision and ordered a stand. Yes I was all over the freaking place but in the end went with a stand that actually is made for large TVs up to 78 inches. I finally made a decision, and its done, its finished. It'll be here next week then its time to put this thing together which at one point or another will make me cry. This stand is yes only 16 inches deep, TV feet are 15.9. I will put rubber underneath so it is a little more secure. So this is what I ended up with.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
OK, Mr Indecisive made a decision and ordered a stand. Yes I was all over the freaking place but in the end went with a stand that actually is made for large TVs up to 78 inches. I finally made a decision, and its done, its finished. It'll be here next week then its time to put this thing together which at one point or another will make me cry. This stand is yes only 16 inches deep, TV feet are 15.9. I will put rubber underneath so it is a little more secure. So this is what I ended up with.
One thing you could consider, if you can't wall mount, is to put the TV on a stand behind/under your new equipment stand. Something like this may slide under your new TV stand and allow you a secure mounting method for your TV. Likewise, you can use similar solutions which are out there. Something you can slide under your new stand, locks into place, and allows for your TV to hang from it, while preserving the quality look you are after.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
One thing you could consider, if you can't wall mount, is to put the TV on a stand behind/under your new equipment stand. Something like this may slide under your new TV stand and allow you a secure mounting method for your TV. Likewise, you can use similar solutions which are out there. Something you can slide under your new stand, locks into place, and allows for your TV to hang from it, while preserving the quality look you are after.
I'm going up use my existing Sony stand from like 15 years ago that is built like a tank. I mean this thing would survive a nuclear blast. It's gonna work perfectly, and save us 200 bucks. I cancelled the stand from Wayfair for 200 bucks. My amp and receiver will fit underneath on the bottom shelf. The Fire Cube, roku, and 4k Blu Ray player will go behind and under the TV on the sides. I bought the Echogear Universal TV legs that lift the TV up 8.5 inches which will fit my center channel directly under the TV and the other equipment too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis