TV mounting questions?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So I'm having the TCL 75R635 TV delivered Friday and I bought these Echogear universal TV stand legs for TV's up to 77 inches. I have the Echogear Universal TV stand legs already, they are super quality I must say. I was quite surprised when i opened the box. Anyway the Vesa pattern on the TCL is 400mm to 300mm which is listed at compatible. The TCL is only 79 pounds which is within the specs. The problem I think I'm having is the TCL Vesa screw size is M6 X 20 which is not in the box of the Echogear. I have a bunch of other options they gave me for screw size but not this specific one. Maybe I'm missing something that you guys can point out. I'm gonna leave links to both the TV and Echogear Universal legs. Thanks again for any help.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Any decent hardware store should have M6 screws available. 20mm should be a common length. Probably order from Amazon too...
Foe example:
Thanks, surprised it didn't come with them? Home depot probably a few bucks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yup, they should have them!

Every product is a little different... my VideoSecu wall mount came with so many different parts it was surprising. They literally thought of probably 85% of most scenarios for mounting their gear and a TV. :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, they should have them!

Every product is a little different... my VideoSecu wall mount came with so many different parts it was surprising. They literally thought of probably 85% of most scenarios for mounting their gear and a TV. :)
Now this may be a dumb question on top of this one but the TV vesa holes for the TCL looks like it has screws in them? Can I take those out and use them? Again i know nothing about all this stuff really. Hooking up AV gear is my game, putting stuff together ain't.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You'd have to look. :)
My sony did not come with screws. As I said earlier, every product is different. ;)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You'd have to look. :)
My sony did not come with screws. As I said earlier, every product is different. ;)
Yeah just to be safe I'll go to home depot and get the screws I need just in case.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
So I'm having the TCL 75R635 TV delivered Friday and I bought these Echogear universal TV stand legs for TV's up to 77 inches. I have the Echogear Universal TV stand legs already, they are super quality I must say. I was quite surprised when i opened the box. Anyway the Vesa pattern on the TCL is 400mm to 300mm which is listed at compatible. The TCL is only 79 pounds which is within the specs. The problem I think I'm having is the TCL Vesa screw size is M6 X 20 which is not in the box of the Echogear. I have a bunch of other options they gave me for screw size but not this specific one. Maybe I'm missing something that you guys can point out. I'm gonna leave links to both the TV and Echogear Universal legs. Thanks again for any help.

I've had to buy new M6 screws for the last 3 TVs I've mounted, regardless of the wall mount make and model. In one case the required screw length was in between the available screws at Home Depot so I had to use washers to keep the screws from bottoming out (the next size smaller screw would not engage the threads at all).

At least on Samsungs, the female threads are extremely shallow so it's tricky to get enough thread engagement. To my mind it's a design flaw.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I've done dozens of TV installations over the years... and I've had to go to Home Depot dozens of times over the years to get the damn screws I needed for the TV.

The problem is NOT with your mount, it is entirely that TV manufacturers don't package, by default, the exact screws in the box that you need to mount their TV. It's not that difficult of a concept, but at the end of the day, TVs have backs which are all over the place. Some TVs I've used have needed extenders to get the mount to sit on the back flat. Others needed shorter screws than what I had available.

At this point, I have hundreds of screws of different thread sizes and different lengths, so I feel relatively confident that I'm covered with most TVs I buy. But, I'm still always ready, and rarely surprised, if I need to make that run over to Home Depot to get exactly what I need for any TV.

Don't let it bug you or worry you in the least. As long as you are within (or nearly within) the weight specifications of the mount, then you will be good to go.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I've done dozens of TV installations over the years... and I've had to go to Home Depot dozens of times over the years to get the damn screws I needed for the TV.

The problem is NOT with your mount, it is entirely that TV manufacturers don't package, by default, the exact screws in the box that you need to mount their TV. It's not that difficult of a concept, but at the end of the day, TVs have backs which are all over the place. Some TVs I've used have needed extenders to get the mount to sit on the back flat. Others needed shorter screws than what I had available.

At this point, I have hundreds of screws of different thread sizes and different lengths, so I feel relatively confident that I'm covered with most TVs I buy. But, I'm still always ready, and rarely surprised, if I need to make that run over to Home Depot to get exactly what I need for any TV.

Don't let it bug you or worry you in the least. As long as you are within (or nearly within) the weight specifications of the mount, then you will be good to go.
Yeah you are right, there really should be a uniform screw size that everyone agrees on.i need 6M X 20mm screws, 4 of them. I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow to get them. They are I can use the 6M X 35mm but I don't know if I'm comfortable with that.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm just gonna leave this right here....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Why would they package the screws when the vast majority will never be used? WE use them, as integrators, but the average consumer will never mount their TV on a wall.

ACE hardware sells them singly, so leftover screws don't accumulate. I hate Home Depot's bagged hardware. I don't care if each package is a dollar, I would rather be able to buy four of something.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Why would they package the screws when the vast majority will never be used? WE use them, as integrators, but the average consumer will never mount their TV on a wall.

ACE hardware sells them singly, so leftover screws don't accumulate. I hate Home Depot's bagged hardware. I don't care if each package is a dollar, I would rather be able to buy four of something.
Woa? I can't just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy 4 M6 X 20mm screws? That's what I'm planning to do in just a little bit. Bring back the old local talk to the owner hardware stores. Wishful thinking I know.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Woa? I can't just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy 4 M6 X 20mm screws? That's what I'm planning to do in just a little bit. Bring back the old local talk to the owner hardware stores. Wishful thinking I know.

HD sells bagged screws for a dollar, but many of them come in lots of three pieces. I HATE THAT!

The hardware area of the closest store is always very badly merchandised, so screws are mixed in the bins, some have been removed from the bags, etc. I don't live close enough to a Lowe's to go there unless I happen to be nearby

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis