H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I recently ordered the new TCL 75R635 75 inch TV to be delivered in 2 weeks. I have been going crazy trying to find a TV stand that will work, is in a price I want to be [under 200] and is the style I want which is open, no cabinets or anything. This one is what I really want. Its only 50 inches wide but the TCL 75R635 has a narrow feet option of 25.9 inches apart. Pretty smart of them I must say. So this TV will fit on the tabletop, the TCL is 15.9 inches deep and this is 20 inches deep. It holds 135 pounds and the TCL is 81 pounds with the feet, so good there. It will overlap or have an overhang of about 8 inches on both sides which is fine with me. Its going to be back up to a wall with nothing behind it, no walking by the TV or behind it. Do you find that risky?
Now for the other possible issue I can't get an answer on. The other shelves weight limits. The second shelf will have a Def Tech CLR2002 32 pounds, can the shelf hold that? The bottoms shelf will have a Denon X3400H which is 23 pounds, and a Parasound HCA-1205A amp 46 pounds, can that shelf and overall the entire thing hold all that weight? I can't find any info on this. Its the Whalen Xavier 3-1 stand. Link below. Sorry for the long winded question.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know if the Shelf would hold it but it looks like you could put some bracing underneath it. Wouldn't be hard to measure. It kind of would separate the bottom into two sections left and right but it would work

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oh man I feel dumb, I couldn't find the owners manual. Would be comfortable with 8 inches of overhang? I mean I lost 77 pounds so I know all about belly overhang. I think I'm comfortable with the TV overhang.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well ok going through the specs I have a small issue. It's almost there though. The bottom 2 shelves hold 50 pounds each and the bottom shelf will have a 23 pound Denon receiver and 46 pound Parasound amp. Over the limit on that one but so close.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well ok going through the specs I have a small issue. It's almost there though. The bottom 2 shelves hold 50 pounds each and the bottom shelf will have a 23 pound Denon receiver and 46 pound Parasound amp. Over the limit on that one but so close.

I read your bottoms shelf as bottom shelfs :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are the aesthetic and budgetary requirements for the shelving generally, aside from weight bearing?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What are the aesthetic and budgetary requirements for the shelving generally, aside from weight bearing?
I want something super open just like this, no stupid cabinets, no glass doors. 200 bucks is my Max the moment.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I want something super open just like this, no stupid cabinets, no glass doors. 200 bucks is my Max the moment.

No diy option.....perhaps with threaded rod/plywood type that's fairly simple to make and would be quite sturdy?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
There's also flea market finds or church thrift shops

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
No diy option.....perhaps with threaded rod/plywood type that's fairly simple to make and would be quite sturdy?
I think I'm just gonna try it, and see what happens. Maybe put rubber braces underneath. It is glass so I'd it broke that was not be good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think I'm just gonna try it, and see what happens. Maybe put rubber braces underneath. It is glass so I'd it broke that was not be good.

I'd think the two units side by side would spread the weight out fairly well....better than a chunk of weight in the middle....kinda depends how they arrive at spec :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'd think the two units side by side would spread the weight out fairly well....better than a chunk of weight in the middle....kinda depends how they arrive at spec :)
Well here is the solution. Right now I have Def Tech SM65 for LCR. They are all standing straight up as they were designed because TV is on the wall and the SM 65 center is underneath standing vertical. Because the new TV is so big and going on a stand I was gonna ditch the SM 65 and go back to my CLR2002. I can just turn the SM65 on its side, 22 pounds, and there Denon 23 pounds on the second shelf. Under the 50 pound Max. Parasound amp on bottom shelf.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well here is the solution. Right now I have Def Tech SM65 for LCR. They are all standing straight up as they were designed because TV is on the wall and the SM 65 center is underneath standing vertical. Because the new TV is so big and going on a stand I was gonna ditch the SM 65 and go back to my CLR2002. I can just turn the SM65 on its side, 22 pounds, and there Denon 23 pounds on the second shelf. Under the 50 pound Max. Parasound amp on bottom shelf.

Doesn't sound like it would meet my symmetrical and speaker placement AR guidelines :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Doesn't sound like it would meet my symmetrical and speaker placement AR guidelines :)
Yeah I don't want to lay the SM65 on its side, really bothers me. I have a old Def Tech C2 but I think they would be overwhelmed by the 2 SM65 that flanks it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I don't want to lay the SM65 on its side, really bothers me. I have a old Def Tech C2 but I think they would be overwhelmed by the 2 SM65 that flanks it.

Can you rotate its wave guide if you do?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably not. I'm not handy like had. I like that other stand you sent though.

Well with a screwdriver of proper type that just means removing the screws and rotating the waveguide 90 degrees....fairly easy on some speakers I've done that with. Just be careful.

What stand I sent? You mean the diy suggestion of something like this?
threaded rod stand.jpg

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well with a screwdriver of proper type that just means removing the screws and rotating the waveguide 90 degrees....fairly easy on some speakers I've done that with. Just be careful.

What stand I sent? You mean the diy suggestion of something like this?
View attachment 39386
I think it was you that sent me a stand, it was very nice.
I talked to someone with the same setup, 3 SM 65 for LCR and he lays him on its side and said it sounds excellent, no difference. I guess I'll give it a try.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think it was you that sent me a stand, it was very nice.
I talked to someone with the same setup, 3 SM 65 for LCR and he lays him on its side and said it sounds excellent, no difference. I guess I'll give it a try.

I just posted earlier the setup guide for the one you posted.....last coupla stands I picked up are open shelf style and next one I get will be a diy, likely the threaded rod/plank style.....maybe all wood.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis