T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Late to the party here, but trying to get ready to setup my system in the next week or so. I ordered a MiniDSP UMIK-1 mic and a USB-C to HDMI adapter for my laptop. I grabbed a $24 amazon basic full sized stand too just in case it made positioning easier.

Any way to run without installing JAVA? Apparently my laptop doesn't have it on it and I'm thinking I remember reading about security concerns with JAVA.

Is there anything else I need to use this software in helping setup my equip? I'm totally new to this approach and concept so I'm reading and looking at the various guides recommended above. Thank you.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty sure you can’t use REW without Java. Sorry.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Late to the party here, but trying to get ready to setup my system in the next week or so. I ordered a MiniDSP UMIK-1 mic and a USB-C to HDMI adapter for my laptop. I grabbed a $24 amazon basic full sized stand too just in case it made positioning easier.

Any way to run without installing JAVA? Apparently my laptop doesn't have it on it and I'm thinking I remember reading about security concerns with JAVA.

Is there anything else I need to use this software in helping setup my equip? I'm totally new to this approach and concept so I'm reading and looking at the various guides recommended above. Thank you.
I use an older, retired laptop for this. I have Omnimic, not REW, but I think the system requirements are about the same ... which is not much. I don't know where you can find old, half obsolete laptops for sale, but I bet $50 to $75 would get you one and you'd never need to enter any account type information on it!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Thanks. Does Dirac Live do the same thing, or does that only work with supporting receivers/processors?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dirac is room eq. REW is primarily measuring (same as Omnimic set). With certain gear you can implement some eq suggested via REW. Dirac with a 2ch computer based setup is fairly simple, but would be generally hardware/license limited otherwise.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Okay, so I need to track down a cheap laptop I guess that I don't mind putting JAVA on. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis