Review: Rythmik F12G Direct Servo Subwoofer

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Full breakdown of the FG12 subwoofer from raw drive unit analysis to enclosure analysis and amplifier usefulness. This is by far the most in-depth review I've ever written. I think I spent a full 3 days on this at the time, which was April 2013. Heck, it took me 3 hours just to copy/paste everything to my new site. But if you're looking for a great home subwoofer setup I still recommend this.

Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/rythmik-f12g-direct-servo-subwoofer/

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Nice review! At first I thought it was going to be some guys impressions of his first serious sub, but opening the link, your review is very measurement heavy, going so far as measuring Bl(x) and Km(x) graphs on the driver. Very cool! I think one of the advantages of the servo system is that it can help compensate for some of the non-linear travel there. I'd love to see some groundplane measurments of this bad buy, like CEA-2010, but I know that is tough to do.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Nice review! At first I thought it was going to be some guys impressions of his first serious sub, but opening the link, your review is very measurement heavy, going so far as measuring Bl(x) and Km(x) graphs on the driver. Very cool! I think one of the advantages of the servo system is that it can help compensate for some of the non-linear travel there. I'd love to see some groundplane measurments of this bad buy, like CEA-2010, but I know that is tough to do.
FYI Erin is the guy who ran Medley’s Musings, which did testing on a lot of raw drivers.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Thanks for the feedback, fellas. This project definitely was a labor of love at the time. But I look back and realize I learned a lot from that review. It'll be fun to take this kind of thing to a higher level in the future with additional Klippel hardware.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
this may come useful:
I have been busy porting all that to my new site I linked in the review. It’s taking some time. Once I get all that moved over I’ll start more testing. Just waiting on the final quote from klippel to see what I can afford.

I made a post here a month or so ago detailing my plans and all that.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have been busy porting all that to my new site I linked in the review. It’s taking some time. Once I get all that moved over I’ll start more testing. Just waiting on the final quote from klippel to see what I can afford.

I made a post here a month or so ago detailing my plans and all that.
Looking forward to seeing all your data available again. Will you be doing anymore subwoofer testing?

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Looking forward to seeing all your data available again. Will you be doing anymore subwoofer testing?
Most likely.

I plan to test a little bit of everything. Raw drive units, loudpseakers and subs... along with electronics and whatnot. I actually just posted up my review of the MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 with Dirac Live. It's a car audio product but I also now have the MiniDSP DRC88A with DL and will be conducting a review of that sometime within the next couple months.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis