Rethinking my approach...please help!

S

sbinkley

Junior Audioholic
So after asking for some feedback for on/in-wall systems, I just really don't think I am going to get what I want. Nobody really seems to think there is a good on-wall speaker. So, I am willing to go the floorstanding or bookshelf route.

Room: 16'W x 20'D x 8'H.
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-90
Main Purpose: Movies (and maybe 10% music)
Budget: $1200-$1500 for front and center channels
IMPORTANT: The speakers need to either be sealed or ported in the front as I will need them very close to the wall.

Please give your suggestions. The budget will drop a little if I need to add a subwoofer. Thanks for your help!

M

MichiganExplorer1981

Enthusiast
So after asking for some feedback for on/in-wall systems, I just really don't think I am going to get what I want. Nobody really seems to think there is a good on-wall speaker. So, I am willing to go the floorstanding or bookshelf route.

Room: 16'W x 20'D x 8'H.
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-90
Main Purpose: Movies (and maybe 10% music)
Budget: $1200-$1500 for front and center channels
IMPORTANT: The speakers need to either be sealed or ported in the front as I will need them very close to the wall.

Please give your suggestions. The budget will drop a little if I need to add a subwoofer. Thanks for your help!
Hello [U]sbinkley[/U]

My theater room is almost similar in size. It is 15WX22LX9H. I went with a 7.2 system setup. My speakers are listed below:

Center channel
Klipsch R-34-C
Best Buy (on sale $250.00)

Front & rear speakers (went with towers)
Klipsch R-26F
Best Buy (sale $150.00 each)

Middle surround speakers
Klipsch RS-42 II
Amazon ($298.00 pair)

Subwoofers
Klipsch R-100SW
Best Buy (on sale $259.99 each)

Total = $1668.88

I took my time in buying these as well, took me over 2 years to put all these together since I only bought them when they went on sale from best buy. klipsch is hit or miss on their yearly sales.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis