Resurrecting Surround system

E

Edward Mathews

Audiophyte
I moved and seemed to have lost a box with my receiver and center speaker. I have 4 Klipsch quintet III speakers, about 10 years old. Can I replace that center speaker with something else? I think I can find the same speaker, but it might be too big to sit on my mantel. My TV is over the gas fireplace and I need a low profile center speaker to fit up there. Or do I need to sell those 4 and start all over? I read somewhere that the center speaker needs to match your front speakers.

I still have my sub-woofer, it blew out a few years ago and I upgraded it to a larger one. I have not unpacked it yet so I have no size or model info on it, but it was powerful. I am hoping to add a center speaker and a new receiver and be good to go.

The Klipsch speakers seem to perform well for my old 5.1 setup. What is your opinion of them?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

There are plenty of used Quintet center speakers for sale on ebay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you have moved location, a new sub may be needed, without knowing room size and make/model of your sub. If you were happy with the Klipsch sound, add the new receiver and center channel that Wayne mentioned from ebay, stay that course first. The investment in the center channel is minimal, and if you decide to change the setup, it's easier to sell at an attractive price for the 5.0 .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis