Reqs for a new turntable

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hear you about starting over with old tech. No nostalgia here so I’d be just fine either way. In my original post I included what we have now: 2 SVS sealed subs (2000s), Emotiva LCR, 2 book stand Emotivas, Sony 85” Q90 (I know that’s not audio but adding it anyway), and Onkyo receiver (6050).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't realize LCR was a specific model for Emotiva, but looking at those they would be my first thing to change....but bookshelf type Emotiva is what particularly? Subs are fine. Maybe avr eventually, but speakers first.

W

whodunit68

Enthusiast
Didn't realize LCR was a specific model for Emotiva, but looking at those they would be my first thing to change....but bookshelf type Emotiva is what particularly? Subs are fine. Maybe avr eventually, but speakers first.
Sorry,LCR is left/center/right. They are the B1+ bookshelves on stands, the C1+ Center, and T1+ left and right.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry,LCR is left/center/right. They are the B1+ bookshelves on stands, the C1+ Center, and T1+ left and right.

Yes, generally LCR just refers to speakers that can allegedly be ideal for LCR use :) The center design often suffers, tho. They also had a line labeled "LCR" too that I found with 4 inch drivers, and those I'd just move on from sooner than later except perhaps in a very small room....but those are different from the T1+ and other models you mention now....in any case not very familiar with Emotiva stuff (their electronics haven't been too attractive), and not now as likely to recommend changes there primarily. The T1+ are floorstanders?

W

whodunit68

Enthusiast
Yes, generally LCR just refers to speakers that can allegedly be ideal for LCR use :) The center design often suffers, tho. They also had a line labeled "LCR" too that I found with 4 inch drivers, and those I'd just move on from sooner than later except perhaps in a very small room....but those are different from the T1+ and other models you mention now....in any case not very familiar with Emotiva stuff (their electronics haven't been too attractive), and not now as likely to recommend changes there primarily. The T1+ are floorstanders?
Yes the T1+ are floor standers. They aren't the highest end primarily because I got the receiver first (kind of by accident) then decided to build out our one year "test" or pilot that I mentioned above.

My research now is essentially to continue to build out our starter system for our test...when we build the HT (researching that is a whole separate topic), we will sell this gear and start the HT and 2 channel setup with higher quality gear.

I was not aware they had a branded LCR. apologies for any confusion. Remember this is the beginner section ;).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis