C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I have a 9 year old 65" Panny VT30. One year into its life the panel failed which was replaced. It has run strong since then, but it is starting to hum on bright screens and the recent acquisition of an xbox series x has me considering a larger (75") 4k set. Was looking at the LG OLED's, and the new Panny OLED and then saw the thread on the upcoming QNED. Will either make a significant difference right now (other than size)? Should I wait for the QNED to come out? Not sure if I understand whether that new tech is thought to be better then OLED or what.

Thoughts?

P

ParisB

Audioholic
I have a 9 year old 65" Panny VT30. One year into its life the panel failed which was replaced. It has run strong since then, but it is starting to hum on bright screens and the recent acquisition of an xbox series x has me considering a larger (75") 4k set. Was looking at the LG OLED's, and the new Panny OLED and then saw the thread on the upcoming QNED. Will either make a significant difference right now (other than size)? Should I wait for the QNED to come out? Not sure if I understand whether that new tech is thought to be better then OLED or what.

Thoughts?
I think you would love the CX :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Thoughts?
QNED is just a souped up LCD. OLED is still the top of the mountain. If you are used to plasma you won't be happy with anything less than OLED. I went with LG.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
I went from my 8 year old 65ZT60 Panny Plasma to the Sony A8H OLED and was blown away.
And I agree if you had a Plasma don't think you'll be happy with LCD. Fantastic picture on the Sony.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I went from my 8 year old 65ZT60 Panny Plasma to the Sony A8H OLED and was blown away.
And I agree if you had a Plasma don't think you'll be happy with LCD. Fantastic picture on the Sony.
Oddly enough my low end lcd looks good in u verse , both my better TVs look bad .
The Sony’ 4k led has light bleeeding issues . Yet the lcd does not ::.
Does Sony make there own panels or do they soup up another brands ?

They ever going to start broadcasting college football and other sports in 4k on cable tv or no never ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oddly enough my low end lcd looks good in u verse , both my better TVs look bad .
The Sony’ 4k led has light bleeeding issues . Yet the lcd does not ::.
Does Sony make there own panels or do they soup up another brands ?

They ever going to start broadcasting college football and other sports in 4k on cable tv or no never ?

Sony does not build their own LCD screens, they source from other manufacturers.. They don't have a plant at all anymore I don't think.
Hey anyone see Gene's live stream the other day? I missed the first few minutes. Its Sony getting out of consumer electronics altogether, TVs and all?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Sony does not build their own LCD screens, they source from other manufacturers.. They don't have a plant at all anymore I don't think.
Hey anyone see Gene's live stream the other day? I missed the first few minutes. Its Sony getting out of consumer electronics altogether, TVs and all?

Worst tv ever built imo, no more Sony for me .

No if you find it add some links , I’d imagine they make enough money selling crappy TVs like mine to people and ripping them off .
The newer model similar to mine is only 60hz

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Here ya go.

It would be interesting the world without Sony TVs.

Some people have said my tv may have a bad panel since most 4k TVs look fine , but how on earth was I supposed to know that ?? Did I just get stuck with junk ??

This is the TV it’s not being used right now https://www.gadgetreview.com/sony-55x810c-4k-tv-review
Was supposed to be a upgrade over my 1080tv however it wasn’t .

I cannot even find info on internet when googling bad panels ,
I won’t replace my plasma til it starts going bad in my bedroom . I rarely use it anyway since cable looks horrific on it also .

P

ParisB

Audioholic

Just audio, like AVRs and stuff. Will stay in the TV business

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Just audio, like AVRs and stuff. Will stay in the TV business
Let's hope so. Sony has been rumored for years to want to get out of the TV business.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the info everyone. I pulled the trigger on the CX. Arriving soon.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the info everyone. I pulled the trigger on the CX. Arriving soon.
Whew that's a beauty, good luck and enjoy.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
I was going back and forth between the A8H and the CX and went with the Sony
because most reviews gave it the edge in picture quality and I do not game. Enjoy!

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I was going back and forth between the A8H and the CX and went with the Sony
because most reviews gave it the edge in picture quality and I do not game. Enjoy!
I'm looking for a 75" TV. Sony doesn't make a TV in that size at a comparable price point. The closest I see is the A9G which is $1,000 more than the CX.

T

TT_Rod

Enthusiast
Get the 77” LG CX. I did same going from plasma to oled a couple years ago. Amazing picture. You won’t regret it.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I did. Was just explaining why Sony wasn't in the running.
Doubt I’ll ever buy another Sony , Sony 55X810C 4K TV
Was a disappointing tv ..
not sure that I trust 4k models anymore , might wait til it becomes standard eventually but TVs often suck at playing low definition stuff.

4k Blu-ray’s didn’t look to good either on this Sony .
MAYBE lg are better or Samsung .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Someday I'll have to give up my plasmas for an oled....but that's probably a while off still and hopefully by then the prices will be even more reasonable for a 77" CX which looks to be an awesome choice! Congrats!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis