Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
E1F7F77B-7C94-449F-9F8E-8DBFD2132E12.jpeg
E1F7F77B-7C94-449F-9F8E-8DBFD2132E12.jpeg I noticed a small pinhole in my B&W 603 S3,(no wonder I didn’t like the sound), I found the hole quite by accident the rest of the damage I did after the fact.
I hate to just toss the speakers, besides YouTube videos, any tip on replacing the tweeter?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd probably get a new tweeter if available. As to how its fixed in there I'm thinking maybe pop off the waveguide but I'd try to get some info from B&W before just poking at it (more) :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think I've heard that B&W will sell replacement gear. Hell, that's one of the few redeeming qualities they have, ;)
Anyway, Onk, I'd dig up their number and give them a call. If it can be repaired by you, I would expect they will tell you how.

Cheers!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ouch. Yup, that's your problem right there!

That looks like it could be tricky popping the tweeter out with no screws or anything on the front. Did you have to go in from behind through the woofer?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Put some scotch tape on it. Fixed. :) Check with parts express/ebay too.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

That looks like it could be tricky popping the tweeter out with no screws or anything on the front. Did you have to go in from behind through the woofer?
Yes

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

34A5F0EF-0A11-4A92-A26D-CF22D477E05B.jpeg
628A7B03-2A61-416D-BB9D-43DA9BC22A02.jpeg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Through B&W? What's the damage, if I may (for the replacement tweet)?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I called B&W, they referred me to a Company called Encompass. The tweeter is $66.00, plus $10.00 shipping.
Thats for the whole speaker, magnet and all, looking at the design, I was fearful that I would have to break the speaker down into more parts.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, that's not TOO bad! I know some of their tweeters don't run cheap.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I think I've heard that B&W will sell replacement gear. Hell, that's one of the few redeeming qualities they have, ;)
Anyway, Onk, I'd dig up their number and give them a call. If it can be repaired by you, I would expect they will tell you how.

Cheers!
This brand costs a boatload new .... definitely repair

$72? Not bad for new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
49E2555E-DE8D-4228-89A4-A55306466BF0.jpeg
9DCD467B-15FB-4894-989D-721C3DABB2E4.jpeg

I received the tweeter today, when I took it out of the box it fell apart in my hand. Looks like a poor glue job. Here is the old one
3FC06B28-FF2D-4C4D-AC8A-5AB149ED0BF4.jpeg

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I called this morning. B&W representative suggested I super glue the parts together. I declined. He transferred me to Encompass, the company that handles their speaker replacements.
the representative for encompass said they would charge me for another speaker and send it out immediately with free shipping. Once I send pictures of the damaged speaker they would generate a refund.
They told me not to send the damaged speaker back....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I called this morning. B&W representative suggested I super glue the parts together. I declined. He transferred me to Encompass, the company that handles their speaker replacements.
the representative for encompass said they would charge me for another speaker and send it out immediately with free shipping. Once I send pictures of the damaged speaker they would generate a refund.
So, that was their attempt to glue the plastic to the back of the tweeter? Weak. Really weak. I bet contact cement would work better.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is the new normal.
I heard somebody my wife knows ordered an exercise bike, got the wrong one but didn't know and assembled it, called the company to inform them: they sent her the right bike and told her to keep the other one!
Much smaller, but I just received 2 10-packs of 3-ohm resistors instead of 2 EA resistors. I called PE to let them know and the associate said I should keep them, and that even if I had received 40, it would still be less expensive to write them off than ship them back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis