lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is the new normal.
I heard somebody my wife knows ordered an exercise bike, got the wrong one but didn't know and assembled it, called the company to inform them: they sent her the right bike and told her to keep the other one!
Much smaller, but I just received 2 10-packs of 3-ohm resistors instead of 2 EA resistors. I called PE to let them know and the associate said I should keep them, and that even if I had received 40, it would still be less expensive to write them off than ship them back.
I've seen reports of this working with subs at Amazon. Shipping/handling definitely has a cost, tho. Recently I had two kitchen items that didn't work properly from Amazon, and after returning both and them acknowledging both they then graciously wrote me an additional email after refund telling me that as I hadn't shipped one back they'd graciously allow me to keep it (even tho in discussions with an agent both returns had been checked in)....weird but I can imagine the warehouse/return thing isn't going too smoothly. I also had to return a GoPro item and the return/refund process was screwed up (like telling me they acknowledged receipt but a week after the UPS tracking showed it delivered). At least I finally got a refund (but not once in the return process did they even ask what the problem was, just a return, no offer of replacement or any options actually). Mine are likely quite covid-related, tho.

@Old Onkyo hope they like your pics! :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
It was odd that she made it a point to tell me they were going to charge me again, credit a refund once I sent pictures in, and then tell me to keep the old one.
seems they would have just sent another one out no charge.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It was odd that she made it a point to tell me they were going to charge me again, credit a refund once I sent pictures in, and then tell me to keep the old one.
That would be the better move IMO. I just hope they don't give you any sh*t for the pictures for some reason.... Corporate customer service can be very screwed up, they usually don't expend a lot of effort on such.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Well...I received the replacement speaker today, the same issue, glue failure.
I have two of them now, anybody know the gorilla glue lady’s phone number?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm having trouble telling from the pics what needs glued to what.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Post #16, the plastic piece should be glued to the magnet. If you look closely at the plastic you can see a clear square patch that was glue.
The second photo shoes the tweeter I removed, I am holding it like that to show how the original piece is, and how strong the glue job is.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So much for the famous quality of Bowers & Wilkins proprietary drivers!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Done! I did not use glue. I removed three screws on the face of the speaker and changed only the dome on the old speaker.
11C390C7-8CF5-4104-9DB0-003F2ED52909.jpeg

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I currently have the 603’s connected to an Onkyo A-SV610PRO, streaming Miles Davis’ Flamenco Sketches on Amazon music HD through an Echo dot.

I think I will quit while I am ahead.1614543914263.png

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
They probably had a three page color brochure on that tweeter.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That process prevents people calling and getting free parts. That has been a big problem. Supporting actual need is what they probably want to do but people in the wild don't seem to have a problem scamming someone who's trying to operate a business. It's purely administrative, but it's no longer safe to just 'take their word for it'.

I'm surprised they didn't screw that piece to the back of the tweeter plate and fasten that to the rear of the cabinet- Monitor Audio has done that and it makes tweeter replacement easy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis