G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I love those old groups like Yes Rush and The Police. And you're absolutely right, if you look at the bands and what they played there's just not a lot of base energy there. And you're right on point about the Yamaha enhancer mode. I hear an improvement with all sources so I just leave it on all the time.
Umm, ok I'll admit it stays on all the time to,
I Specially like it when watching movies.
I do leave YPAO and Adaptive DRC off, Now I do use Yamahas upscale Processing set to "On" does a nice 4K upscale.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I confess that is also a huge reason I love Yamaha.

Would love to own a Yamaha Grand Piano one day. And if I ever win the lottery, add the Yamaha Yacht and Supercar to the list. :D

I wouldn't mind one of those Yamahas two channel amps with the Big meters.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't mind one of those Yamahas two channel amps with the Big meters.
You mean the Yamaha M-5000 Amp that costs $10K MSRP and outputs 100W x 2Ch into 8 ohms and 200W x 2Ch into 4 ohms? :D

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Owned several motorcycles over the years including Harley, Honda and Yamaha and my 2006 Yamaha custom Stratoliner was by far my favorite. I loved that comfortable old road sofa :cool:. Tried to add a pic but apparently a 1.47mb JPG is to big.
If you're using Windows right click on the jpg file and select edit, will take you to Paint that has a resize feature....

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Still working on resizing. it was over 4mb before I cropped it down. Got it down to 1.28mb and still says to big :confused:

N

nick p

Enthusiast
@M Code has been saying for years that Yamaha is #1 in reliability and HDMI compatibility.

I recently switched from being a very long-time Denon/Marantz user to Yamaha because I wanted to see if Yamaha is #1 in reliability.

Well, alright, I've had some bad experiences with D/M and especially their repair services - Panurgy (they SUCK).

The very last straw for me was when Panurgy could NOT repair my $7500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI - not once, but TWICE. And this was under 100% Best Buy Store Warranty!

I've only been a Yamaha user for 2 years now. But so far, my impression:

1. My Yamaha CX-A5100, MX-A5000, and RX-A3080 operate so much COOLER than ANY Denon/Marantz I've ever used in my life.

2. The Yamaha WiFi remote app works 100% better to me than the DM remote app.

3. HDMI has been more reliable to me with the Yamaha.

4. WiFi Music Streaming has been more reliable to me with the Yamaha.

5. Yamaha will PAY for shipping BOTH ways for any warranty services - Brand New & Refurbished via Authorized Dealers.

6. D/M use Panurgy repair service in New Jersey as their MAIN center. You have to pay for shipping to them even under warranty if your local D/M repair shops cannot repair your component (if you have a local D/C repair shop). I wouldn't touch Panurgy with a 10ft pole based on my multiple experiences with them.

So with only 2 years experience with Yamaha, I can't say much about long-term reliability, although the MUCH COOLER operating temperature might be ONE indicator.

BTW, I used THREE 120mm fans on my $7500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI. Still broke after about 8 years. So there goes the hypothesis about how using FANS (THREE 120mm fans) should extend reliability.

But.....there are people who have NEVER had any issues with Denon or Marantz products. BTW, most of us group Denon and Marantz together. They are under the "D/M" group now owned by Sound United.

As an authorized dealer for both Yamaha and Denon/Marantz, I truly hope that Sound United will FIRE Panurgy and (please for the love of gods) use somebody else much better than sorry Panurgy.

D/M does have the very awesome Audyssey Editor App (which is NOT free and SHOULD be FREE). This app is great for people who love to use EQ for their sound.

So Sound United - please FIRE Panurgy, make the Editor App FREE FREE FREE with all D/M users, and give all D/M users Free Shipping BOTH WAYs for Warranty service like YAMAHA. :D

N

nick p

Enthusiast
I did buy the Marantz SR6014 today. I am also going to buy a Aircom T10 to make sure overheating is not a problem.

N

nick p

Enthusiast
Went with the Marantz..... I did buy an Aircom T10 cooling fan unit will be in a cabinet and I just think it makes sense.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Went with the Marantz..... I did buy an Aircom T10 cooling fan unit will be in a cabinet and I just think it makes sense.
I agree, the AC infinities are great and I think a must for AVRs

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
@M Code has been saying for years that Yamaha is #1 in reliability and HDMI compatibility.

I recently switched from being a very long-time Denon/Marantz user to Yamaha because I wanted to see if Yamaha is #1 in reliability.

Well, alright, I've had some bad experiences with D/M and especially their repair services - Panurgy (they SUCK).

The very last straw for me was when Panurgy could NOT repair my $7500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI - not once, but TWICE. And this was under 100% Best Buy Store Warranty!

I've only been a Yamaha user for 2 years now. But so far, my impression:

1. My Yamaha CX-A5100, MX-A5000, and RX-A3080 operate so much COOLER than ANY Denon/Marantz I've ever used in my life.

2. The Yamaha WiFi remote app works 100% better to me than the DM remote app.

3. HDMI has been more reliable to me with the Yamaha.

4. WiFi Music Streaming has been more reliable to me with the Yamaha.

5. Yamaha will PAY for shipping BOTH ways for any warranty services - Brand New & Refurbished via Authorized Dealers.

6. D/M use Panurgy repair service in New Jersey as their MAIN center. You have to pay for shipping to them even under warranty if your local D/M repair shops cannot repair your component (if you have a local D/C repair shop). I wouldn't touch Panurgy with a 10ft pole based on my multiple experiences with them.

So with only 2 years experience with Yamaha, I can't say much about long-term reliability, although the MUCH COOLER operating temperature might be ONE indicator.

BTW, I used THREE 120mm fans on my $7500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI. Still broke after about 8 years. So there goes the hypothesis about how using FANS (THREE 120mm fans) should extend reliability.

But.....there are people who have NEVER had any issues with Denon or Marantz products. BTW, most of us group Denon and Marantz together. They are under the "D/M" group now owned by Sound United.

As an authorized dealer for both Yamaha and Denon/Marantz, I truly hope that Sound United will FIRE Panurgy and (please for the love of gods) use somebody else much better than sorry Panurgy.

D/M does have the very awesome Audyssey Editor App (which is NOT free and SHOULD be FREE). This app is great for people who love to use EQ for their sound.

So Sound United - please FIRE Panurgy, make the Editor App FREE FREE FREE with all D/M users, and give all D/M users Free Shipping BOTH WAYs for Warranty service like YAMAHA. :D
M Code tells it like it is... :rolleyes:
After many, many years in the crazy audio/video biz U learn a few things. I could write a book about each brand as we have worked very close with each of the mentioned brands in defining/developing/sourcing/delivering certain AVRs and other AV products... Whenever I post, I try to provide objective information as to help/support the user to address and/or solve his dilemma if not I will pass....

Just my $0.02... ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Most old rock never really had good low end bass, take RUSH not much at all, was spinning RUSH just yesterday was like, where's the bass! lot's of mid bass ton of Treble. On my Yamahas, I use "Through" mode also. Sometimes I use the "Enhancer" for some music I find it helps out on the lowend for some Sources with not a lot of bass. DSP modes, yeah Yamaha should do away with all those. Don't use the Manual EQ settings. My old Yamaha TSR-7790 came out in 2015, I go it Refurbished back in 2017 still going strong it's in my bedroom now. The Denon unit I'd like to try out would be the 3600 or the 4500. Those two where in my top 3, I went with Yamahas a1080, I've had 3 avr's crap out on me before, a H/K 3600 and two Onkyo 818. All had issues with HDMI.
RUSH recordings were never really all that good so I wouldnt base classic recordings on RUSH. If you listened to Led Zeppelin, Humble Pie, Cream, Clapton, The Band, etc you would hear lots of bass. Not knocking the band, just their recordings.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I confess that is also a huge reason I love Yamaha.

Would love to own a Yamaha Grand Piano one day. And if I ever win the lottery, add the Yamaha Yacht and Supercar to the list. :D

I would love to listen to these speakers and read independent reviews on them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've had both and both have had a perfect track record for reliability for me. In fact my 12 year old Denon is still in service at neighbor bob's and going strong. I don't think there's enough of a difference in reliability between the 2 that it should even be a factor.

If sq is the goal then I believe Denon and Marantz offer better room correction and more eq control with the app editor, and even more when used with ratbuddyssey.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I love those old groups like Yes Rush and The Police. And you're absolutely right, if you look at the bands and what they played there's just not a lot of base energy there. And you're right on point about the Yamaha enhancer mode. I hear an improvement with all sources so I just leave it on all the time.
@little wing, what you have your "Subwoofer Trim" set at? and your "Bass Cross Over"?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would love to listen to these speakers and read independent reviews on them.
Yeah, if I were that RICH, I would find some way to find those Yamaha Big Grand Piano speakers. They sound awesome even when UNPLUGGED. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sure is good looking. But Not for $10K. WTF
Unless I win the lottery, no $10K amps from any brand in my future for sure. :D

Oh, and of course, if I were to buy this $10K Yamaha Amp, it would cost a lot LESS THAN $10K. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis