little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
@little wing, what you have your "Subwoofer Trim" set at? and your "Bass Cross Over"?
I'm going on memory here but I think the sub trim is set at 3.0, I believe. honestly I'm not quite sure what the subwoofer trim actually does to the sound . The manual says it's to fine tune the bass. I experimented with different crossover points, 90 hz seems to give me the best and punchiest sound with the ascend towers and the one rythmik sub that I have.

I say I'm going on memory because this whole covid isolation thing has got me kind of down. So I flew home to Philly for a few days to spend time at one my favorite places called valley green. It's kinda like a rainforest. A little oasis for me. Back to Tucson tomorrow.
I'm sure you wanted all the extra commentary, LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My Denon is 15 Years Old and going Strong.

Does Yamaha have a Repair/Service department? Then they too Break Down.

Many people say Toyota is the Most Reliable. Walk past any Service Department and every Bay is full of Toyota's being Fixed. Hmmmmm
That'll happen when they also happen to be the most popular brand for 24 straight years.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'm going on memory here but I think the sub trim is set at 3.0, I believe. honestly I'm not quite sure what the subwoofer trim actually does to the sound . The manual says it's to fine tune the bass. I experimented with different crossover points, 90 hz seems to give me the best and punchiest sound with the ascend towers and the one rythmik sub that I have. I say I'm going on memory because this whole covid isolation thing has got me kind of down. So I flew home to Philly for a few days to spend time at one my favorite places called valley green. It's kinda like a rainforest. A little oasis for me. Back to Tucson tomorrow. I'm sure you wanted all the extra commentary, LOL.
Your Definitely a long way from home, mine is set 0.5 + trim and sub bass xo at 80 hz. But than there's the Sub level in settings, mine is at 3.5, lil hot i guess. But yeah this Coronavirus thing got me Hunkered down I put all spending on hold for any new gear. Was going to upgrade front mains but not anymore. I keep very little money in bank now pulled all but a few bucks out. Cash is King with the way things are now. I did order GOT the all 8 season's in 4K but that's it. Was gonna upgrade to a 75" 4K UHD and L/R mains speakers but with the way everything is not anymore. Be safe Bro stay Alert! Best wishes to you and family it's good to know your still hanging in.

Mike

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Your Definitely a long way from home, mine is set 0.5 + trim and sub bass xo at 80 hz. But than there's the Sub level in settings, mine is at 3.5, lil hot i guess. But yeah this Coronavirus thing got me Hunkered down I put all spending on hold for any new gear. Was going to upgrade front mains but not anymore. I keep very little money in bank now pulled all but a few bucks out. Cash is King with the way things are now. I did order GOT the full 8 season in 4K but that's it. Was gonna upgrade to a 75" 4K UHD and L/R mains speakers but with the way everything is not anymore. Be safe Bro stay Alert! Best wishes to you and family it's good to know your still hanging in.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I forgot to say my sub level is set at 3.0db. I like mine a little hot as well. Cash is King these days! You got that right. I am resisting the urge to upgrade to a Sony 75-in. I'm resisting so far anyway, that might change. :) Masks and hand sanitizer on hand. Ready for my little cross-country journey tomorrow, lol

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks Mike. I forgot to say my sub level is set at 3.0db. I like mine a little hot as well. Cash is King these days! You got that right. I am resisting the urge to upgrade to a Sony 75-in. I'm resisting so far anyway, that might change. :) Masks and hand sanitizer on hand. Ready for my little cross-country journey tomorrow, lol
Are you driving or flying? If driving, Man be safe on the road. Never know who's behind or in front could be a dude just robbed a bank or just jacked up someone. Stay alert bro! Just cause someone smile's doesn't mean they just being nice, could be smiling, like you be next! lol. Postup when or if you can when you get to ya lil hideout!

Mike

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going on memory here but I think the sub trim is set at 3.0, I believe. honestly I'm not quite sure what the subwoofer trim actually does to the sound . The manual says it's to fine tune the bass. I experimented with different crossover points, 90 hz seems to give me the best and punchiest sound with the ascend towers and the one rythmik sub that I have.

I say I'm going on memory because this whole covid isolation thing has got me kind of down. So I flew home to Philly for a few days to spend time at one my favorite places called valley green. It's kinda like a rainforest. A little oasis for me. Back to Tucson tomorrow.
I'm sure you wanted all the extra commentary, LOL.
Wissahickon?!?

I hope the trip has done the trick for you. The Philly area (Pennsylvania) is quite amazing if you stop to pay attention.

That being said I could stand a vacation.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Yeah, if I were that RICH, I would find some way to find those Yamaha Big Grand Piano speakers. They sound awesome even when UNPLUGGED. :D
My 7" Baldwin Grand Piano with Renner action also has a Concert Master player option. You can record midi files and play them back with the Grand Piano playing it's part and all the other instruments go through the Hi Fi system. It's pretty fun with Jazz combo's and Piano/Orchestra pieces.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Wissahickon?!?

I hope the trip has done the trick for you. The Philly area (Pennsylvania) is quite amazing if you stop to pay attention.

That being said I could stand a vacation.
Yes! Wissahickon. Magnificent place

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Are you driving or flying? If driving, Man be safe on the road. Never know who's behind or in front could be a dude just robbed a bank or just jacked up someone. Stay alert bro! Just cause someone smile's doesn't mean they just being nice, could be smiling, like you be next! lol. Postup when or if you can when you get to ya lil hideout!

Mike
I'm flying bro. It would be a two and a half day drive from Philly to Tucson if I pushed it. I don't have that kind of patience right about now. Thanks man!

Zildjianmeister

Zildjianmeister

Junior Audioholic
I still have my Yamaha RXV992 from 1998. So I'd say it has been pretty reiliable. However the first one I got was doa. :p

Regarding music sources I played Wings at the Speed of Sound recently on my Revel F206 and the bass was fantastic. I then played Iron Maiden - Peice of Mind and was surprised that it didn't have much low end. Then again I think back in my high school days I pretty much cranked the bass knob on much of my stuff..haha.

Z

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis