Recommendations on a 5.1 system under $700

BigJoeXXL

BigJoeXXL

Audioholic Intern
Searching for recommendations on a 5.1 system for my father. I'm going to be passing down my Marantz SR5006 and he needs a 5.1 system for his master bedroom. He could care less about loudness. He's more interested in sound quality. His main listening habits are 90% movies and normal direct tv. I'm thinking his budget will be under $700.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I would go with the Pio speakers. Cheap, good quality, and should leave plenty of budget for all the little stuff like speaker wire, stands/mounts, and sub.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
NHT SuperZero $60 x 5. But you have to call them on the phone and ask. Members have done it.

Ask NHT if you were to buy the SuperZero plus the B-10D subwoofer, could they sell you the whole 5.1 system for $700.

BigJoeXXL

BigJoeXXL

Audioholic Intern
I like the way your thinking. If it were me i would totally agree about going NHT. Definitely getting the best sub going that direction. I just fear that's going to be too much subwoofer for his taste.

BigJoeXXL

BigJoeXXL

Audioholic Intern
I just don't see the point of spending that amount of money on the subwoofer when you're not going to really use it. You know what I mean? Don't get me wrong I love your suggestion and It's highly appreciate it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk now Free

BigJoeXXL

BigJoeXXL

Audioholic Intern
That's funny because my original plan was HTD Level Two speakers. But cambridge is a better set up?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That's funny because my original plan was HTD Level Two speakers. But cambridge is a better set up?

For me, the Cambridge has more definition and a better midrange, with some good bass for its size.

HTD is still a nice option, with good customer service

BigJoeXXL

BigJoeXXL

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for your suggestions. Hopefully he will be happy with cambridge. Are the tower speakers better than the Bookshelf?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for your suggestions. Hopefully he will be happy with cambridge. Are the tower speakers better than the Bookshelf?

I can not give you a direct answer on the S70 towers

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Check this out. I don't think you'll find a better deal on sweet sounding speakers than that, although it may be more than your father wants/needs.

BigJoeXXL

BigJoeXXL

Audioholic Intern
Check this out. I don't think you'll find a better deal on sweet sounding speakers than that, although it may be more than your father wants/needs.[/QUOTE

That's actually not a bad idea. Great find!! EMPs along with a PSA XV15 is what I currently have at my house. I'm really happy with them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis