Recommendations for 9.4.* speakers with Lab Gruppen Amps

• Thread starter ChesterfieldSpud
  • Start date
C

ChesterfieldSpud

Audiophyte
I have a stack of amps that acquired from a larger lot and I am looking for a good pairing options for their high power output. The current room is 17x22 but I will eventually move this into a larger room, prob 30x20. They all have voltage power limiters so I could trim back power. The Lab Gruppens are class TD. The Powersoft is class D. Was hoping to keep the LCR and surrounds around $1000.

Edit: $1000 per speaker, sorry.

Lab Gruppen
2 x C16:4

4 x 140 Watts into 2 Ohms,
4 x 300 Watts into 4 Ohms,
4 x 400 Watts into 8 Ohms,
4 x 400 Watts into 16 Ohms,

2 x C28:4

4 x 300 Watts into 2 Ohms,
4 x 700 Watts into 4 Ohms,
4 x 700 Watts into 8 Ohms,
4 x 600 Watts into 16 Ohms

1 x C68:4

4 x 1,200 Watts into 2 Ohms,
4 x 1,700 Watts into 4 Ohms,
4 x 1,200 Watts into 8 Ohms,
4 x 625 Watts into 16 Ohms,

1 x Powersoft Quattrocanali 4804
Output power per Channel1500 W @ 2 Ω1200 W @ 4 Ω1200 W @ 8 Ω
Bridge mode3000 W @ 4 Ω2400 W @ 8 Ω

Last edited:
C

ChesterfieldSpud

Audiophyte
Certainly will consider once I narrow down the options

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Certainly will consider once I narrow down the options
LCR and surrounds (let alone subs) for under $1k is extremely optimistic for anything decent IMO....maybe used you might get something worthwhile, maybe. The only limiting you'd need do particularly is with the volume knob, fwiw. Keep me in mind if selling....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, per speaker.
LOL that's a bit different. You envisioning bookshelf/standmount or towers or a mix?

What are you doing for the four subs, already have them? What are you doing for pre-pro or avr? No atmos so you used an asterisk there?

C

ChesterfieldSpud

Audiophyte
I thought the last place in 9.4.6 was the height speakers. Not sure how many ceiling speakers I'll run.

In thinking in walls but feel your money goes further quality of sound wise with conventional speakers, or at least that's my impression. I have 4 paradigm SIG-1.5R-30 v3 that I plan to use. Figure I'll drive those with the Creston.

I plan on building ceiling boxes for the subs, running 4. No driver selected there yet. Theres only 4 there so I haven't pinned a final budget per speaker there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, the last place is for the heights, just didn't know what the asterisk referred to.

In-walls can be okay if you have the right walls/seating arrangement but no experience myself. For heights in ceiling would be ideal, as long as installation/seating isn't an issue. What Crestron?

C

ChesterfieldSpud

Audiophyte
Crestron CNAMPX-16X60
  • 60 watts per channel at 8 ohms
  • 90 watts per channel at 4 ohms
  • 220 watts at 8 ohms bridged

C

ChesterfieldSpud

Audiophyte
I'm still planning but looking at Dante options because I use Tesira around the house/backyard.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Something from RBH, KEF, Revel, Monitor Audio, Focal, Dynaudio.

For the front 3, an example would be like the RBH 6500-SF towers for front right/left and RBH 661C-SF center.

For surrounds, maybe something like the RBH SI-760 In-Wall speaker.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis