Recommend a replacement Audeze cable

C

Craig234

Audioholic
I have LCD-2 headphones. Unfortunately, the durability hadn't been that good. The cable connecting to a side became worn and started to break, then totally snapped. Repair seems not feasible.

(The foam earpads eventually also just fell off, the adhesive gone; Audeze is sending replacement adhesive to try to put them back on).

I hard Hart cables are a good pck for quality/value, even Audeze suggested them.

So I'm considering buying that, but am not sure what specific cable is a good pick. Can anyone recommend a specific one, whether Hart or another?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Website for Audeze LCD-2. Says "1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable". That's not a common cable. Surprised it would wear out on such expensive headphones. If you don't want a replacement from Audeze, the Hart cable looks pretty well made but make sure to get the correct ends. This link is for the dual 4-pin mini-XLR and from the drop down list for termination choose 1/4".

C

Craig234

Audioholic
I was surprised how poorly they lasted also. They were just sitting on a flat surface. Ya, Hart lists cable as compatible with the LCD headphones, it's just which one.

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
I have LCD-2 headphones. Unfortunately, the durability hadn't been that good. The cable connecting to a side became worn and started to break, then totally snapped. Repair seems not feasible.

(The foam earpads eventually also just fell off, the adhesive gone; Audeze is sending replacement adhesive to try to put them back on).

I hard Hart cables are a good pck for quality/value, even Audeze suggested them.

So I'm considering buying that, but am not sure what specific cable is a good pick. Can anyone recommend a specific one, whether Hart or another homes for sale in greenville nc?
Hi, I'm looking for advice on upgrading the stock Audeze cable on my LCDX to Chord Hugo. I have read about Toxic and Q Audio... And several others. Which cable brand would you recommend, and further still, which particular model? Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis