Receiver, Chromecast Audio and external DAC

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Still seems if you have a program creating distortion, which is what I believe Amir found, and you send that signal it's not something your router has anything to do with except to pass it on.
Well, obviously you can't "create a silk purse out if a sow's ear." It is the long held maxim, garbage in, garbage out. So I am talking about high quality streams.

I have to say, that I have looked at streams in the popular domain closely in WaveLab, which has good analysis facilities. In the main music from the pop culture is very badly engineered. For one thing the spectroscope shows most of it to be close to mono, with the spectroscope showing a very poor stereo stage. In the "classical" domain things are almost universally very well engineered.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, obviously you can't "create a silk purse out if a sow's ear." It is the long held maxim, garbage in, garbage out. So I am talking about high quality streams.

I have to say, that I have looked at streams in the popular domain closely in WaveLab, which has good analysis facilities. In the main music from the pop culture is very badly engineered. For one thing the spectroscope shows most of it to be close to mono, with the spectroscope showing a very poor stereo stage. In the "classical" domain things are almost universally very well engineered.
The content was of okay quality in Amir's case, it was the Chrome browser he was using that apparently added the distortion.

It didn't have anything to do with the genre. Classical is just too boring to comment on, but what "pop" music did you stoop down to analyze (I assume you wouldn't listen to such of course)?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis