Receiver/Amplifier advice

R

Rae

Enthusiast
Hello all,

In 2012 I purchased my first home audio setup thanks to the help of the audioholics forum here. The setup is still going strong. It includes:

Denon AVR890
Bic PL-200 II
AJ SP-FS52 x2
AJ SP-BS22-LR
AJ SP-C22

After enjoying the speakers I picked up 2 extra SP-FS52 and a dayton sub-1200 since I just purchased my own home. I was hoping to use this as a 2.1 setup for music in the basement (600 sq ft in the finished part).

That being said, the basement could end up being a man cave so when considering a receiver/amplifier I'm looking for something I could potentially turn into a 5.2 if that makes more sense than moving the Denon I already have down there when the time comes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/this-149-yamaha-rs-202-stereo-receiver-wowed-the-audiophiliac/

I read this article and it is pretty inspiring. If it had room for 2.1 I would give this a whirl at the price point. I would like to stay under $500 and even lower than that if I can.

I've been looking at refurbished units on accessories4less and the integra 40.3/40.4 seem like a good value currently.

I appreciate any and all advice. If I can elaborate more, please let me know.

Thank You!
Ryan

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
I am fairly new here but I coynstantly upgrade my system and have a few receivers that you may be interested in. I think I may only have 20 posts and you need 25 to sell gear on this forum but I just switched from receiver to seperates and have a 2 Pioneer elite receivers that I am going to post in a bit. They have hdmi switching and upscaleing etc less than 500 also have a Marantx

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Sorry for typo Marantz pre/proyou. Regardless you should consider used gear. Good luck finding something

R

Rae

Enthusiast
I am fairly new here but I coynstantly upgrade my system and have a few receivers that you may be interested in. I think I may only have 20 posts and you need 25 to sell gear on this forum but I just switched from receiver to seperates and have a 2 Pioneer elite receivers that I am going to post in a bit. They have hdmi switching and upscaleing etc less than 500 also have a Marantx
Do you have the model of the units?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis