Reasonably priced full range speaker

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Think I’m about to score a pair of Klipsch Forte’s for $250. Not cosmetically great but seller said they sound perfect, will listen before I buy. Anything I should look for or listen for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Think I’m about to score a pair of Klipsch Forte’s for $250. Not cosmetically great but seller said they sound perfect, will listen before I buy. Anything I should look for or listen for?

Original forte’s? Check for the cabinets being sealed decently and the crossover being intact.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Original forte’s? Check for the cabinets being sealed decently and the crossover being intact.
Thanks, I was thinking about the boxes integrity but not the crossover. They also have Klipsch KG 4.2’s for $225 (I think a touch high) and Klipsch Chorus II’s for $750.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Thanks, I was thinking about the boxes integrity but not the crossover. They also have Klipsch KG 4.2’s for $225 (I think a touch high) and Klipsch Chorus II’s for $750.

I have the Klipsch 4.2’s. They are definitely worth $225 after some easy caulking and adding in some extra foam/poly fill.

The horns they use in the older models don’t resemble anything of the newer ones. Not harsh, imaging is beyond phenomenal and they play like new even after 20 years.

I had a diaphragm fail on me two weeks ago. Replaced it, plays just as good and it was a $16 replacement.

The bass is really tight, chest kick is amazing. I would really consider those 4.2’s. I did get mine for $110 though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have the Klipsch 4.2’s. They are definitely worth $225 after some easy caulking and adding in some extra foam/poly fill.

The horns they use in the older models don’t resemble anything of the newer ones. Not harsh, imaging is beyond phenomenal and they play like new even after 20 years.

I had a diaphragm fail on me two weeks ago. Replaced it, plays just as good and it was a $16 replacement.

The bass is really tight, chest kick is amazing. I would really consider those 4.2’s. I did get mine for $110 though.
Did you get the replacement diaphragm through Klipsch or have to do some research to find a suitable replacement?

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Did you get the replacement diaphragm through Klipsch or have to do some research to find a suitable replacement?
Research for suitable.

I mean I wasn’t expecting anything great, after all I got them for $110, but I got the replacement diaphragm for a K85K Horn (written on the back of the magnet when I opened it up) and it played like new. I was expecting some tonality difference and to have to order a second replacement to match it but it was spot on, to my ears at least. An audiophile may discern it.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Sounds like either way I will leave with a great set of speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis