Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie2112

Banned
Hows the sailing buddy? You can have some of the southern CA heat....take it away....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday I sanded out the drywall job that I did at Luke's Record Exchange. I tried to get a friend to finish it up for me because my right shoulder is hurt but no go on that. I did it with my left hand and it only took a couple of hours but picking out the final $75 in records took forever. I'm glad I got the vinyl for myself because I've become somewhat of a glutton ... not as bad as 3db but bad nonetheless. :p

I'm just waiting for one of the Adams to start drinking. :D

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Glad that you had fun picking out your music, Alex!

Oh, I'm drinking, all right. Caffeine, though. :D
Thanks!

I'm having a bit of a nostalgic moment thinking about beer and bong hits first thing in the AM.

I think it's called Wake & Bake. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now you've got me thinking about having a beer.

I won't, though. I've got a few things that I want to accomplish today, one of which is driving to the store. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Luckily I'll have to go to the same store to get some. :D Well, I have some tequila, but some of the cork fell in the bottle years ago, and I'll probably never drink that stuff.

??????????????????????????????????

I sure that's some of the best cork you'll ever have.:)

(I said cork, Alex...;))

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I sure that's some of the best cork you'll ever have.:)

(I said cork, Alex...;))
Either way ... :eek: :D

What did you get?
All together it was a $360 score for albums that average around $4 a piece but the big score yesterday was finding the blues section and picking close to a dozen titles including a couple of B.B. Kings, Robert Cray, Otis Rush, James Cotton and Little Walter. I know I like The Blues but I'm not familiar with it. I played samples from what I chose this time. I did find out that I am not a fan of Taj Mahal.

I also got LA Woman, Bad Co., BTO, America and most importantly the soundtrack for Shaft. :D I got a bunch of classical stuff so that I could be friends with jostenmeat. There are close to 100 albums ... Jethro Tull, Putting on the Ritz, Addicted to Love, LP's and EP's, Turn the Beat Around, Motown, Boz Scaggs, Stones, Talking Heads, Seger ( Sunspot Baby :) ), Donna Summer, Carley Simon, Paul Simon, Simon and Garfunkel, Steeley Dan, Billy Idol, Elton John and Dean Martin ... plus a few others. :)

I'm really liking the BB King at the moment. :cool:

Nap time.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Either way ... :eek: :D

All together it was a $360 score for albums that average around $4 a piece but the big score yesterday was finding the blues section and picking close to a dozen titles including a couple of B.B. Kings, Robert Cray, Otis Rush, James Cotton and Little Walter. I know I like The Blues but I'm not familiar with it. I played samples from what I chose this time. I did find out that I am not a fan of Taj Mahal.

I'm really liking the BB King at the moment. :cool:

Nap time.
Congrats on the music score, Alex! I love blues (but I definitely don't like Taj Mahal either :)). Did you get any Robert Johnson? He is one of the first blues guys that recorded anything, and is very influential on everything that is the blues, but also today's rock musicians from Eric Clapton to Led Zeppelin to even the Red Hot Chili Peppers, believe it or not. IMO any blues collection needs a little RJ...

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I named my own price of $1299 on a Denon AVR-4308CI at 6ave. Lets see what they say to that :D. It can be had for $1488 with a coupon code, so I had to try and get at least another $100 off to pay for the feature package upgrade, and I figure a little extra off couldn't hurt. Apparently some of the newest serial numbers already have the package installed - if so it would be extra cool if they accepted that price...

The reason for all of this (for those who care - probably only Adam) is that my dad might need to buy my 3808 from me because his might have to go with his house if the buyer accepts his counter offer tomorrow...

On another note, I got my arse beat and nearly got crushed to death by probably 20,000 people at the very front and center of a Tool set at the Mile High Music Festival last night. I had to weenie out and have a big security guard yank me out of there before I passed out. Then I passed out. It wasn't very fun and I don't recommend it. I don't know if it was that experience (probably was, in addition to having the mic volume too low - too bad Jamie wasn't running the show, I'm sure it would have been better) but I liked the rest of the day's music way better. The previous acts were pretty relaxed and excellent...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis