Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It snowed pretty good last night. The roads are bad and all my waste that needs to go to the dump is buried. I don't want to pay dump fees to dump snow and water so my load to the dump will have to wait until Monday.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like I'm going to be heading to Home Depot to get a new garage door opener. Mine's been pretty reliable over the past eight plus years, but it has its quirks. Thursday evening, it started to make a loud and clearly wrong noise. I took it apart this morning, and the plastic gears seem to be wearing out. The drive gear is just rolling past the transfer gear and scraping plastic off.

The Chamberlain Whisper Drives have gotten a number of good reviews on the HD site. I think that I'll give one a try.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Looks like I'm going to be heading to Home Depot to get a new garage door opener. Mine's been pretty reliable over the past eight plus years, but it has its quirks. Thursday evening, it started to make a loud and clearly wrong noise. I took it apart this morning, and the plastic gears seem to be wearing out. The drive gear is just rolling past the transfer gear and scraping plastic off.

The Chamberlain Whisper Drives have gotten a number of good reviews on the HD site. I think that I'll give one a try.
I know it's supposed to be "boring stuff only." But I have to draw the line somewhere, and that post there is ultra boring. It's so boring, regular boring was like, "Hey buddy, you're cramping my style!"

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's not Monday night, and it's not a sport, but...

Are you ready for some DEPOOOOOT?!?

Yeah, me, neither - but I need to go check out those openers. Later.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Indeed, Pat - congrats! On both the newly bestowed title...and the candy hearts. Mmmm, tasty. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Got my new garage door opener. Now I need to find the Garage Door Openeraholics forum. Why can't they just have plug-n-play door openers? Oh, well. I guess that I'll have to do some work.

I am pretty excited about this one, though. It has one of those key panels that goes outside. I always thought that those required running a wire, but this one is wireless. Sweet! Plus, the door opener panel that goes inside will tell me the time and temperature - almost nauseatingly worthless...but it is one reason that I paid $50 more for this model. :D Oh, yeah, and it also comes with a remote to turn on lights in the house. That's cool - but I didn't see anything that plugged in, so I bet that I would need to buy some extra hardware for that to work.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Prior to this post, I had 753 posts in this thread, and Harald had 573 posts. I found that too interesting to let it stand.

Now I have 754 posts, and the calming boredom has returned.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Oooooooh - Ahhhhhhh - Zzzzzzz.... :p

(in reference to the GD opener pic) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis