Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I installed an SSD in my Mac Mini this afternoon. Turns out, the disappointing level of noise from the hard drive and fan was, it now appears, to have been just the hard drive. I had the original drive plugged in externally, and holy ish that thing is loud. I don't recall having a hard drive make a fan noise before.

It's only been on for a few minutes now (doing an internet recovery of OS X), but so far - silence. Ahhhhh. Now, THAT is what I paid for. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Crap, my LG plasma in the living room just died. For what I can find on the net two boards just fried. Ugh.
The LG we bought for my In-Laws died a few months ago. I replaced it with and inexpensive Visio. They are happy.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks guys. For now I am going to take the LCD out of the theater and just use the projector down there. Not in the position now to buy another TV.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just played SCII with my brother, and after we finished a game, I can barely hear the Mini. I can hear the fan if I get close enough, but it's nothing like it was before. Soooo much nicer. :) I must have gotten a bad hard drive, but no biggie because it's been replaced.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I finally took the new Pioneer Elite receiver out of the living room system and put the Integra back in it's place. I think it's an improvement in both audio and video quality. It only took me a year to get around to doing it...but I did it.:rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally took the new Pioneer Elite receiver out of the living room system and put the Integra back in it's place. I think it's an improvement in both audio and video quality. It only took me a year to get around to doing it...but I did it.:rolleyes:
I think it's weird that while I'm really an objectivist, I think I can hear a difference in my last two H/T rec'rs and my last two sub amps. The main thing is that I'm moving in the right direction ... even if it is only in my head.

I can't wait to hear the imagined sonic improvement a B&K amp will make on my SongTowers.

Let the AudioFoolery rage on. :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I've been working on my car all week fixing the rear lights still can't get my blinkers or reveres lights to work

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm shocked ... I thought Niki in the Arizona snow would have been on there for sure! :)

Steve
My photography skills look better when shown on a phone's screen or when scaled down to about 25% of their original size. High resolution isn't my friend. :eek:

That said, you now have me inspired to load the original images from my phone to here. :)

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
And I dig myself deeper.. I forgot the cable and hulu bills auto drafted last night. Combined with the bank fee (which I should be able to have reversed) my account is overdrawn by about $60*:(*that's like half of my groceries for the next month... *sigh*....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
And I dig myself deeper.. I forgot the cable and hulu bills auto drafted last night. Combined with the bank fee (which I should be able to have reversed) my account is overdrawn by about $60*:(*that's like half of my groceries for the next month... *sigh*....
Good luck with the fee, man. That's probably about half of that, right?

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Good luck with the fee, man. That's probably about half of that, right?
Yeah, it's $34 of the $63. Since I have a college account they allow me to drop one insufficient funds fee a year. Think it has been about 2 since the last time I did it.

I usually have a good hold on my finances, it just got away from me this past week I guess.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I think it's weird that while I'm really an objectivist, I think I can hear a difference in my last two H/T rec'rs and my last two sub amps. The main thing is that I'm moving in the right direction ... even if it is only in my head.

I can't wait to hear the imagined sonic improvement a B&K amp will make on my SongTowers.

Let the AudioFoolery rage on. :)
I think in this case it's a subjective difference. I don't think the Class D amps play nice with low impedance, low sensitivity speakers like my Dynaudio. The Rotel seems to deliver the kind of power the speakers want.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think in this case it's a subjective difference. I don't think the Class D amps play nice with low impedance, low sensitivity speakers like my Dynaudio. The Rotel seems to deliver the kind of power the speakers want.
Wouldn't that be an objective difference? ... as in a real difference?

I'm taking the Yamaha RX-V2600 out of the ManTown 2.2 system to put it into the living room 7.2 H/T. I'm wondering whether or not to hook up an Aragon 2007 to the Salk front stage or if I should just leave well enough alone with just the Yamaha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis