Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Very very boring...

Ran Spears & Munsil test tones from a Blu-ray player to level match the gains for a couple of different bass management settings and locked the settings into the memory 1 & 2 so I can switch on the fly from the remote. Obviously I'm home alone. Listening to Floyd, Stones ... it's only boring until you hear something you like a little different than ever before.

Note: An 80 Hz cross with bass to sub and normal phase on the sub is radically different than a 60 Hz cross with bass to both sub and mains with reverse phase on the sub. Now it's only boring to everybody but me. The verdict on the two settings seems to be content and SPL dependent ... okay, now I'm bored too.

EDIT:

Reverse phase FTW.

Even crossed at 40 Hz with the ONLY difference being bass out to Sub or Both, Both sounds best ... and I think either I've been brainwashed or 40 Hz sounds pretty sweet too. Time has a way of sorting out the finer points.

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
New game to play with my right leaning friends:

Make up random stupid sh!t and falsely source Fox News.

Example: More people get mauled by Chihuahuas than by Pit Bulls.
You failed on your first attempt, you’re supposed to start with a fake story.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
True...very true.
More troofs:

First off: reverse phase on the sub was just a phase.

2nd. Rolling through the xo points, a sort of special thing happened for the midrange @ ~90 Hz.

3rd. The 2 memory settings available right on the remote has one with bass going to just the subs. The other sends bass to subs and mains. It's like a double the fun mode.

4th ... Depeche Mode: way better than Rush.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
'76-'84 and '86-'90: years in Canada.

Not a hockey fan and not a Rush fan.

Had to leave the country.

Not just Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys too.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I can get behind pet shop boys and lack of hockey. Surprised you didn't stay for Tim Hortons :p Funny, my kid just got a job at a hockey store in town which is an Olympic village so now she has to learn about players, history etc.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I was more of a booze hound then. Plus you guys had cheaper coke too.
Funny. I lived close to the border growing up. Everyone from Montreal has Hash so we would trade weed for it. I was too poor for coke.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's telling that I don't like jazz but still spin Miles Davis about once a year and am always willing to give Diana Krall a listen to see if my tastes have changed. I'm open minded about music. But my squelching namesake bleating into a mic is like a starter's pistol indicating that the volume control is the finish line. Man, I've even got a Bones, Thugs and Harmony CD that I'll play every so often ... one Garth Brooks one too, but never Rush. Odd.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis