Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Slavs too busy fighting each other to come up with their own insults. :rolleyes:
More like giving credit where credit is due, like the term DP goes to Diefenbaker IIRC. It's not just us who throw that term around, is it? I mean it might be. You're like the only regular Canadian I 'sort of' know to even ask.

Cake, lol. I haven't thought of that in years. :D

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
More like giving credit where credit is due, like the term DP goes to Diefenbaker IIRC. It's not just us who throw that term around, is it? I mean it might be. You're like the only regular Canadian I 'sort of' know to even ask.

Cake, lol. I haven't thought of that in years. :D
DP? I don't know what that is.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
1610108743920.png

I had some Tortelini, Raviolli with Ricotta and cottage cheese. I made a sauce of butter and Grana Padano with some very hot pepperoni, zucchini and Radicchio bitter salad. Two or three glasses of an old Pošip wine...

Ending the day on a high note!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
You eat well.
Thanks. I post these as a recommendation or an idea for someone looking for what to eat. Most of them are quite simple, but very enjoyable. One of my professions is a cook, so I can make even the most difficult dishes, but my lady just likes these fancy pasta dishes, so... Why not, it's easier for me. ;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Tomorrow my older son will be 6yo. I baked a Coconut cake for him (only baked muffins before). Found new respect for cake decorators. Spreading icing evenly is pita.
Don't judge too harshly (6 candles will be added tomorrow) - Each cake is two pies and icing in the middle and on top. We will have leftovers. F#ck covid.

my mother used to buy those square pepperidge farm frozen cakes for our birthdays... at least until I told her to start getting me lemon meringue pies... You all know I'm different... Don't judge.

I liked the post... I hate coconut.

Happy birthday little dude!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
my mother used to buy those square pepperidge farm frozen cakes for our birthdays...
Eeeewwww.
at least until I told her to start getting me lemon meringue pies
+++1. Must be homemade though.
... You all know I'm different
Duh.:rolleyes:
... Don't judge.
Oh, Imma judgin'.:p
Haters gonna hate. Coconut.Is.Da.Bomb.
Indeed!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
my mother used to buy those square pepperidge farm frozen cakes for our birthdays... at least until I told her to start getting me lemon meringue pies... You all know I'm different... Don't judge.

These aren't store-bought. I made them from scratch myself. Sorry for the square shape - these are only pans I found in the local store on short notice - thus, the cakes are square.
As for Coconut vs. lemon meringue - both tasty cakes, it depends on preference and execution. I won't judge.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
These aren't store-bought. I made them from scratch myself. Sorry for the square shape - these are only pans I found in the local store on short notice - thus, the cakes are square.
As for Coconut vs. lemon meringue - both tasty cakes, it depends on preference and execution. I won't judge.
Yeah I saw that you made them yourself... My wording could have been a little better.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, you should be sorry...pie are square, cake are round.

Had to be said.:D

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
You take a butternut squash, peel it, slice it, bake it:
IMG_20210110_133531.jpg

You mince it:
IMG_20210110_142603.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
You add flour, parmigiano, nutmeg, butter, salt and kneed it:
IMG_20210110_143903.jpg

You form Gnocchi:
IMG_20210110_154230.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Heat up a drizzle of olive oil, toss some leek, garlic and zucchini, when soft, add creme fraiche:
IMG_20210110_154300.jpg

Boil gnocchi in salted water and mix:
IMG_20210110_160210.jpg

And you have a healthier variant of gnocchi made of squash instead of potatoes with a nice sauce.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I have to try this!
If you need any advice, I'd be glad to give it to you. One I can give right away is leave minced squash in a strainer for some time to let excess water to drip. It'll ask for less flour when you start to kneed and you'll have fluffier gnocchi.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Slightly more complicated. This is my recipe for salmon/sun dried tomatoes risotto.
Medium heat, sote some shallots on olive oil. You'll be making fish so olive oil is better. When dark golden, add parsley, sun dried tomatoes and ground, fresh garlic. Start adding sips of water every now and then. After 5 min. add risotto rice, few drops of lemon juice and salt. After a few minutes add chopped salmon with no bones or skin.
Stir over light heat adding water until rice is the way you like it (usually al'dente means it is not entirely soft, but you run into a small chunk to chew on inside a grain. That's it.
1611231613794.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis