Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I went to get the matter straightened out and it wasn't so bad. They totally screwed me for ~ $255 plus wasted a sh!t load of my time. I guess when you pay tickets and see magistrates you have to keep the paper work so you can prove it in court. Yesterday their computer was down but today it all worked.

Never saw so many people with so few f^%&s to give. Just unreal.
RI... Greatness in a small package.

(...waiting on Kurt to play with the double entendres...)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
todo

1. Use band saw, table saw and miter box.
  2. Set up Jerry rigged router table for the round over. Jerry's dead too BTW.
  3. Get Dead Brian's table saw and a couple of rolling tool boxes/benches out of his widow's garage.
  4. Look for the source of clanks and clunks on my truck.
  5. Five is personal
that's a lot todo

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So I slipped on a wet wooden platform yesterday and broke my right wrist. Of course, I'm right-handed.:rolleyes:

Went to a full-service clinic nearby, where they froze it, pulled it back into place and put a cast on it. They x-rayed it again and sent the image to the orthopedics department downtown, who would have final say on it. Of course, they weren't satisfied with the way it was set and so I had to go downtown to have it done again. They put me under conscious sedation because - in their words - resetting the break was going to be a bit more "violent".o_O

In the end, the doc still wasn't sure if it would remain sufficiently stable to heal properly. So, he said he would review the case with the orthopedic surgeon this morning to determine if surgery was the best course of action. He called a short while ago to say that, for now, they would hold off and take a look at it a week from now and see how it looks.

It's aching like a mofo right now.:(
Update:
Cast was removed last Tuesday and I have to say, I won't be going back to business as usual. My right radius is now a smidgeon shorter than it used to be. :( Had my first physiotherapy appointment on Friday, with the goal of recovering some ("all" might not be in the cards) range of motion and build up some strength in the hand/wrist/arm. My homework consists of squeezing a sponge ball and stretching. The stretching doesn't bother me. Squeezing my ball...that hurts.

I'll see the orthopedic surgeon again in a couple of months to find out whether it's good enough, or if I will need surgery.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds fun...not.

I would think if one bone is shorter it would affect both the wrist and elbow joints.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds fun...not.

I would think if one bone is shorter it would affect both the wrist and elbow joints.

That's right. My right hand is at a slight inward angle compared to the left. The long term effects are hard to predict right now. After a couple of months of physio, we'll see. My goal is to avoid the need for surgery, but if the use of my right hand and arm are inhibited to a significant degree, surgery it will be.

As, I mentioned, the cast was removed last Tuesday. That evening, we (the family) were heading out for a bite to eat and, of course, we had a flat tire. :rolleyes: Since my right arm was/is unusable, I had to instruct my wife and daughter how to change it. It didn't go well. They could just barely get the wheel off the ground, but not high enough to get the tire off the ground. Since the car is still under warranty, we gave up and called roadside assistance. I can't recall the last time I felt so useless.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
todo

1. Use band saw, table saw and miter box.
  2. Set up Jerry rigged router table for the round over. Jerry's dead too BTW.
  3. Get Dead Brian's table saw and a couple of rolling tool boxes/benches out of his widow's garage.
  4. Look for the source of clanks and clunks on my truck.
  5. Five is personal
that's a lot todo
I mean...you could just call him Brian...

I get to take my truck in for the 5th (6th?) time to get the AC compressor looked at. It'll be free, but it's irritating. Squeaky pulley is a no go for me.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
That's right. My right hand is at a slight inward angle compared to the left. The long term effects are hard to predict right now. After a couple of months of physio, we'll see. My goal is to avoid the need for surgery, but if the use of my right hand and arm are inhibited to a significant degree, surgery it will be.

As, I mentioned, the cast was removed last Tuesday. That evening, we (the family) were heading out for a bite to eat and, of course, we had a flat tire. :rolleyes: Since my right arm was/is unusable, I had to instruct my wife and daughter how to change it. It didn't go well. They could just barely get the wheel off the ground, but not high enough to get the tire off the ground. Since the car is still under warranty, we gave up and called roadside assistance. I can't recall the last time I felt so useless.
I'd be worried about increased risk of arthritis from the angle change. We aren't getting an younger!

As for the tire change, I take it you didn't have a high volume air compressor and an impact wrench they could use? You can stop laughing now. I know I'd be in a similar boat as I think my hydraulic jack is at my shop.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'd be worried about increased risk of arthritis from the angle change. We aren't getting an younger!

As for the tire change, I take it you didn't have a high volume air compressor and an impact wrench they could use? You can stop laughing now. I know I'd be in a similar boat as I think my hydraulic jack is at my shop.
The possibility of developing arthritis is certainly in the back of my mind. One of the things to discuss with the surgeon.:(

I have those tools, but I don't normally carry them around in the car. I could actually crack the lug nuts loose with my left hand, so the impact wrench wasn't needed. But, those cursed scissor jacks need two good hands to operate and I only had 1 and 1/4.:rolleyes:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hey guys would this work on a TV without hdmi? I want to hook up a bluray player via hdmi and use components on TV. Thanks.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hey guys would this work on a TV without hdmi? I want to hook up a bluray player via hdmi and use components on TV. Thanks.
Sure, but I'm willing to bet you'll have a PQ issue, but if that TV doesn't at least have component input you won't notice.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sure, but I'm willing to bet you'll have a PQ issue, but if that TV doesn't at least have component input you won't notice.
Thanks man. I've read it will give you a 1080p signal, so that's great. I'll buy it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sooo much stuff to do ... watching a few episodes of Ray Donovan might not be a good idea.

1. Pack Kurt's amp
  2. Find source of clunking noise on truck
  3. Ship Kurt's amp
  4. Clean the tub
  5. Make Mantown sing again
Oh yeah, and the xmas stuff. SWMBO's neice and nephew had recent break-ups so it's gonna be a meeting of The Lonely Hearts Club xmas day. I'll be sure to eff with their heads and tell them it was all their fault. I like to help when I can.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
A 6014 ... dang, that’s the very latest if I’m not mistaken. Good woman that Brenda.

What kind of amps are you getting?
None yet... I'll see what the receiver is like on its own first. I have been eyeing up the monolith 3 channel though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis