Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW any mastiff type of breed I've ever owned or been around have been awesome. Great temperament, but ready to protect when needed. Not hyper either (well, when they get to about 2 or so).

I miss my dogs...

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
FWIW any mastiff type of breed I've ever owned or been around have been awesome. Great temperament, but ready to protect when needed. Not hyper either (well, when they get to about 2 or so).

I miss my dogs...
That is great to hear! I have little experience with any mastiff. But I've been around wolfhounds so I am very happy to have someone to wrestle with. He has needed very little training, just his puppy tendency to find anything to put in his mouth. Just had some tree work done so there has been an over-abundance of sticks... I'll be picking those up the rest of this week!

I got to spend a day with a couple of Bull Mastiffs. Those things sh!t like a horse. :D

Good going rescuing him.
Oh I can't wait til he's full grown - I think I'm gonna need a bigger shovel!

I met some incredible humans while helping with rescue orgs when I was teen that left a lasting desire to take up their work when I was ready. I hope Sebastian will be a great pack leader some day!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I should have time to finally get my new center channel tested and tweaked
Did you talk about the center before? I don't recognize it and can tell it ain't diy. Do tell. BTW, nice score on the Phil 3s. It would take a killer center to out do their phantom center capabilities. I got that demonstration at YAA's.

I wired up a couple of small monoblocks (MA500) up to that RBH dual 10" ported sub in order to free up one larger monoblock (MA700) which when paired up with its twin can power the mains (Kurt's STs).

Speakering is a lot of work.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Did you talk about the center before? I don't recognize it and can tell it ain't diy. Do tell. BTW, nice score on the Phil 3s. It would take a killer center to out do their phantom center capabilities. I got that demonstration at YAA's.

I wired up a couple of small monoblocks (MA500) up to that RBH dual 10" ported sub in order to free up one larger monoblock (MA700) which when paired up with its twin can power the mains (Kurt's STs).

Speakering is a lot of work.
I think I've casually mentioned it, but am waiting til I can get full CTA 2034 data on it - use that to revise the electronic crossover as much as possible, but also post its actual performance rather than, "IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!"

I did a similar construction technique to that of Gene's Status 8T's. But I revised the edges for my purposes, and then coated the whole structure in a resin I created to increasing damping despite two of the edges being rather thin. (the bright blue went navy once dry)

Scanspeak drivers are dual 7" 18W/8531, 4" midrange 12MU/4731, and of course, the 6640 Beryllium tweeter.

Crossover is a mDSP 2x8 board. Dayton MA1260 gives them powah. I didn't actually complete the resin coating on the backside. I just plugged it in with an iPod in the garage and was blown away - it actually WORKS!?!?!?

Put it in place in the HT, and it's been singing right along with the Phil 3's - I purposefully designed the crossover to try to replicate the Phil 3's timbre, despite the Beryllium not having quite as much off axis potential as the RAAL 70-10. (which is also a claim I intend to prove thru CTA 2034)

Painting the house and rescuing a pup is consuming my time right now as well as a nephew to visit next month, I should be able to have a whole presentation on where I started, where I tweaked, and where I ended up.

I never got to hear the song towers, but Kurt described them as being quite capable next to the Phil 3, just the bass is the significant difference - but that too is my issue, would rather large wall mounted monitors to free up the floor space. So in proving this center channel, transferring that knowledge to front L+R, should be non problem! Didn't realize you scored an RBH 1010, tho! That's awesome!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Started out with 6 eggs and a little better than half a pound of thick cut bacon. Threw 3 yolks out ... yeah, why bother, right? There was a tomato too. Pie? Glad you brought that up.

The only good reason not to eat pie right now, and I mean a lot of it, is because I want to work on speaker grills. I've got some Salk grills and man, those are nice grills. I'm only using his grill as an example of how it could be and there's actually a lot going on there. But the design ques ... I'm not above 'borrowing' an idea or two.

So pie spells nap and that don't add up to no speakers grills.

Speakers mean sacrifice.

Pie, wait for me. I will be back and I will be hungry.

Duty calls.

:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
All I can say it TGIF, it's been a long and interesting work week and it's almost over.
My head of department is leaving, at the same time network/security VP is leaving as well as head of desktop support team. Only Internal promotion was only made to pick a new head of desktop support (not really relevant to me, as I'm in systems group)
No one is saying that they all going to work for the same new employee, but timing is very curious.
In 1966 Robert F. Kennedy delivered a speech that included an instance: "There is a Chinese curse which says “May he live in interesting times.” Like it or not, we live in interesting times."

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
operation spring break is in full effect. Although now I'm I'm aged it means something a lot different than in my youth.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis