Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
At least you don't have far to go when you're going to confession.

"Father, I've been a baaaaadddd boy..."
I reconsidered that entry and am suddenly appreciating 'context'. :)

It starts with a "it's been (period of time) since my last confession." I always hated confession as a kid.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I reconsidered that entry and am suddenly appreciating 'context'. :)

It starts with a "it's been (period of time) since my last confession." I always hated confession as a kid.
Must gave taken ages to get through it all.;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Wifey pulled back, Now I get barely any help from her for the next few weeks.
In other news a few days ago in my Costco, I saw Vizio P 65" demo and I liked it. It was nearly as good as OLED and miles better than cheap/lower series Samsung panels.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wifey pulled back, Now I get barely any help from her for the next few weeks.
In other news a few days ago in my Costco, I saw Vizio P 65" demo and I liked it. It was nearly as good as OLED and miles better than cheap/lower series Samsung panels.
I could use google, but I figured I'd ask. Any idea whose panels Vizio uses now? IIRC they used Samsung and Sharp back in the day, but I'm sure that's changed.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I could use google, but I figured I'd ask. Any idea whose panels Vizio uses now? IIRC they used Samsung and Sharp back in the day, but I'm sure that's changed.
No idea, but you are welcome to read through this 150+ pages AVS thread :)
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2970336-vizio-unveils-2018-e-series-m-series-p-series-4k-hdr-smart-tvs.html
here's the demo, as you could see, in the vast majority of the picture of the clips is nearly identical
One thing to know is Vizio 2018 P series may have (or had) an issue with CEC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/VIZIO_Official/comments/92iap7

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No idea, but you are welcome to read through this 150+ pages AVS thread :)
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2970336-vizio-unveils-2018-e-series-m-series-p-series-4k-hdr-smart-tvs.html
here's the demo, as you could see, in the vast majority of the picture of the clips is nearly identical
One thing to know is Vizio 2018 P series may have (or had) an issue with CEC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/VIZIO_Official/comments/92iap7
I'll never understand why AVS does their threads that way. Soooooo many posts to dig through for useful info. Probably why I haven't visited that forum in some time.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll never understand why AVS does their threads that way. Soooooo many posts to dig through for useful info. Probably why I haven't visited that forum in some time.
browsing on rtings made me realize that that I saw in Costco (and linked youtube demo) wasn't any vizio P tv, but a specifically Vizio P quantum which only comes in 65"

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Which one of you is Sebastian?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The one with hair!

Rescued an Italian Mastiff this past week from the Humane Society. Wife has been begging for a dog for a decade now, and from my experiences as a kid with helping in foster homes etc. I knew one would become many, quickly!

Sebastian is 7 months old, underweight, and likely had his left front paw stepped on or injured in some way - they named him Flipper because of the way he sometimes stands with it out to the side. But that was all I needed to know from the website - he's a large dog, needs a home, which finding one is not very likely as he will need surgery.

So far he has been a saint! He is completely subordinate to the cat, who has been very calm through this. Cannot believe the level of obedience in this very intelligent, yet neglected, animal. Hoping to raise him to be my pack leader someday, of other rescues!

This is basically the worst thing he has done in the past week:

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The one with hair!

Rescued an Italian Mastiff this past week from the Humane Society. Wife has been begging for a dog for a decade now, and from my experiences as a kid with helping in foster homes etc. I knew one would become many, quickly!

Sebastian is 7 months old, underweight, and likely had his left front paw stepped on or injured in some way - they named him Flipper because of the way he sometimes stands with it out to the side. But that was all I needed to know from the website - he's a large dog, needs a home, which finding one is not very likely as he will need surgery.

So far he has been a saint! He is completely subordinate to the cat, who has been very calm through this. Cannot believe the level of obedience in this very intelligent, yet neglected, animal. Hoping to raise him to be my pack leader someday, of other rescues!

This is basically the worst thing he has done in the past week:

Awesome!

Sorry, but I'm gonna call him "Flip"...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
He is a natural born protector: Cane Corso - the latin translation of corso is 'protector'. Snaps to attention even from a deep sleep when movement is heard. Very hypersensitive to tone of voice, too, and extremely intelligent.

He's a lot of fun to wrestle/grapple with. He loves to gnaw on me, and I allow it but will repeat 'gentle' when he gets too rough. Or I'll flip him so his back is on my chest and rub his belly while he flails trying to find an appendage to put his mouth on.

Need to get him trained up and confident that this is his home, too, and that he will not be abandoned ever again.

Back on topic with audio: Get some painting done outside and I should have time to finally get my new center channel tested and tweaked utilizing full CTA 2034 data from outdoor (anechoic) measurements. (it's partly hidden in the first pic) Looking forward to sharing all of that with the forum, just waiting until I have measurements to back up my claims, first!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis