Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Basement flooded this evening due to the rain and a plugged outside drain. Fun times. Fortunately, I caught it before anything serious happened.
With more rain to come... I sure you needed something to do anyway.

...Hope it's not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
With more rain to come... I sure you needed something to do anyway.

...Hope it's not too bad.
Definitely, it was just slated to be a relaxing evening otherwise. Fortunately it happened on the unfinished side of the basement, and by in large everything there is raised up on metal shelving anyway. Just concrete floor on that side, so the shopvac was able to get everything out without too much difficulty, and the dehumidifier is working overtime to make sure any spots I couldn't reach directly get dried up. At this point, the only thing that's wet is the mat at the door, but it is drying up slowly but surely.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I seeded my lawn last weekend, just before a big batch of rains. noice.
Way to get the thread back on track.

I read the Primus thread and tried a little listening test comparing the smallest of that line (P140 or something) to the DM MBOW1 3way coupled with a TLS-alignment dual diy 10" sub combo ... I gotta say, those little f^%&ers hold their own. It took a couple of tries to figure out what was going on and where it was going on yada yada.

Those little 140s have the famed 4" driver in it's smallest form factor. They do many things well. just not well enough to remain in service come the next round of reconfigure f^%&ing everything. Less is more, c'mon ... say it with me ... Ohmmmmmmm

ADTG soon to be on Ignore/brain patterns returning to normal/ ... amps for sale(?) ... holy sh!t, I think that was my brain slipping back in gear.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Based on feedback from my students facebook is for old people and online forums are for the truly ancient. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I tried to broach the topic of online forums and instant messaging chat rooms.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Based on feedback from my students facebook is for old people and online forums are for the truly ancient. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I tried to broach the topic of online forums and instant messaging chat rooms.
I tried to explain to my 11 year old daughter that my generation invented phrases like lol, lmao, etc back in the day on chat boards before cell phones even existed. Im not sure she believes me tho.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I tried to explain to my 11 year old daughter that my generation invented phrases like lol, lmao, etc back in the day on chat boards before cell phones even existed. Im not sure she believes me tho.
Now see, I tell them all I invented those phrases.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Now see, I tell them all I invented those phrases.
I haven't told any whoppers in a long time. Yeah, that's something else old people do, bullsh!t younger people.

I ever tell you about my uncle's Nauga ranch? Where the hell did you think the hide came from?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Today is a David Helfgott concert in the pipeline, in beautiful Copenhagen.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It took me less than a year to install the Ecobee3 (one of two) I bought last year on black Friday sale...
(actual install time under an hour - had to open the furnace panel to connect C wire and then to remember that furnace panel has a kill switch )

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It took me less than a year to install the Ecobee3 (one of two) I bought last year on black Friday sale...
(actual install time under an hour - had to open the furnace panel to connect C wire and then to remember that furnace panel has a kill switch )
I'm rocking an ecobee4 with 3 room sensors. I'm staying to question the usefulness of it though. With two dogs it seems the biggest benefit of it is lost.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm rocking an ecobee4 with 3 room sensors. I'm staying to question the usefulness of it though. With two dogs it seems the biggest benefit of it is lost.
I got 3 sensors as well. For me, the killer feature is the ability to auto switch heat/cool, something my old 14 yo thermostat was lacking. The rest is a none issue, mainly easier programming etc...

AFAIK 4th gen Ecobee biggest "improvement" is deeper Alexa integration, which I am interested in, as much as royal penguins interested in ice cream.
Btw: Installation is not hard, but this site was helpful to figure out some details:
https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2014/09/how-to-install-an-ecobee3-smart-thermostat/

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm allergic to those.
How would you even know that? I mean, I'm 53 and I don't think I've ever seen those animals before last year. I don't really pet them. I lived on a farm before. Emotional attachments to food are developed after the grilling stage, like right before it goes in mah belly stage. Perhaps we could call that the salt and pepper stage.

I gotta remember to get a small bag of pumpkin spice dough-nuts for my PT chick. She actually asked another therapist about an odd swelling characteristic on my knee. The other, older therapist happily came over and brutalized my thigh. Five days later and the soreness from that rub down is just about gone. All the other therapist said was, "this might hurt". I thought my therapist (PT chick) was already very good at her job. Watching her ask a colleague to help with my issue serves as an indicator that my knee is more important to her than her ego. SWMBO is a pumpkin freak. I am going to solicit her hep in choosing just the right pumpkin flavored token of appreciation.

I would never
Then you shall never make it to being a 3 star dummy.

EDIT: Back from the big e. 2 lbs heavier today. Ate a fried Twinky. Saw some Clydesdals and Morgans. It was kind of sad seeing the Shetland Ponies having to give kids rides. They were pretty old and the kid running the ride cared not for them. So then the Clydesdales came galloping over and stomped his ig'nant @ss to death.

The End. :)

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I got 3 sensors as well. For me, the killer feature is the ability to auto switch heat/cool, something my old 14 yo thermostat was lacking. The rest is a none issue, mainly easier programming etc...

AFAIK 4th gen Ecobee biggest "improvement" is deeper Alexa integration, which I am interested in, as much as royal penguins interested in ice cream.
Btw: Installation is not hard, but this site was helpful to figure out some details:
https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2014/09/how-to-install-an-ecobee3-smart-thermostat/
I got a deal on it through my energy provider. I was hoping the room follow and auto away would help save some energy like it has for me in the past (at least the auto away) with the Nest. However, with the critters running around, every room is always occupied and we are never "away". I've had trouble with installing these things in the past, but that's been with older HVAC systems. With the brand new system it was a cinch. Plug in the C-wire at the heater, and then just match colors at the thermostat. Took all of 10 minutes.

So far the deeper Alexa integration hasn't really meant much. I actually think Apple homekit and Siri work better to consistently turn on and off the things I'm asking for.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How would you even know that? I mean, I'm 53 and I don't think I've ever seen those animals before last year. I don't really pet them. I lived on a farm before. Emotional attachments to food are developed after the grilling stage, like right before it goes in mah belly stage. Perhaps we could call that the salt and pepper stage.
There used to be a place around here called the Catskill Game Farm, which had a petting zoo with all of those animals in there. Two allergic reactions later and we finally decided that it might not be a good idea to go back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis