Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know. It's like, some of the parents are mad about the grades their kids are getting, but then they would be equally mad if they were lost. Talk about mixed messages. :p

Another thing I don't get, and maybe I end up being too nice, but some of them get pissed that everything doesn't run smoothly all the time. I mean, how often does anything go perfectly the first time you ever do it, let along throwing in changing states, schools, and moving away from family and friends. I ain't askin' for much, just like an inch and a half of slack every once in awhile :D
You sound depressed, sorry you feel that way. :( It'll get easier as you get adjusted, and it must be frustrating when others don't empathize with the difficulty of such a change.

Is this middle school?

Parents used to be on the side of the school, now they are on the side of their precious-little-always-special-and-unique-snowflake kid (technical term). What pressure these types of parents that would 'demand' their student does well must put on both their kids and the teachers. Failure is part of life, it's not something we argue our way out of. Best we can do is accept, apologize when we inevitably will screw up (we are human), and learn. It's life. I think these warrior parents cause a lot of damage...

It starts to sound like it's more about the parents than the kids really. Like if their kid doesn't do well on something it reflects on them. Such petty schemas for adults. You'd think they'd grow out of that type of behavior when they were 17-18.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
...It starts to sound like it's more about the parents than the kids really. Like if their kid doesn't do well on something it reflects on them. Such petty schemas for adults. You'd think they'd grow out of that type of behavior when they were 17-18.
Now that the big business of education is now so expensive for families.
Many parents unrealistically think/hope their child's college will be paid for with scholarships, sports or scholastic.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I have gotten upset with my sons teachers before, I am guilty of that...

Last year one of my youngests sons teachers{he was in 7th grade}, calls me in the middle of the day and says "we need to have a meeting your sons is failing 5 of his classes", so I am like "OK, when" hes says "this is urgent we better do it tomorrow morning", I say "OK, fine"..
So in my head I am flipping out, how did I not notice this how the frig is he failing 5 classes what is going on.....

I get home from work and me and my wife have a talk with him, he is all upset because he knew nothing about failing ANY classes, I am just thinking he is covering for himself with lies, so I send him to his room after telling him "I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU GET OUT OF MY SIGHT" which my wife thought was harsh and we should deal with it when we find out the entire story, he told her this one teacher really didn't like him and he didn't know why, he told me wife he tried to even "kiss up to him" and there was no swaying this guy...

ANYWAY, the next morning comes and I go to the school, I had to adjust my schedule for an entire week because of this meeting, last year my schedule was like dominos for a while, you touch 1 thing and it all fell down, but anyway I get there and the teacher leaves me waiting in the office for 20 minutes!!!

Finally I walked right into the principals office and said "get this guy down here RIGHT NOW, I am not waiting another minute", he agreed and called him to the office over the pa system...

So we meet, I can tell right away hes a little micro midget douche bag, no doubt about it... snakey wont look me in the eyes, scum bum...

So we sit down and he says my son is a good boy and blah blah blah but he needs to apply himself more.. So I let him talk and after a few minutes of noticing nothing was getting said about faliing or plans to change it, I said "can I see his grade and his work?"
He said "we'll his grade is a 79" I stopped him right there and said "you told me he was failing 5 classes" he said "I wanted to get you here before that happens"...

I asked how many classes he was failing and he said none, I flipped OUT, I totally lost it, the principal came running, the school liaison officer came running, they thought I was going to kill him...
HE ran from the office and tripped and fell into the hall way, it was a big mess, the principal was trying to calm me down and I was just trying not to swear while calling him a "no nothing, unprofessional, public parasight.." After I explained it to the principal he understood {they want my tuition money he would have let me hit the teacher if I wanted to, lol}, and my son was removed from his class, and I told him he was not to talk to my son, not a word...

Well after that all happened other parents came up with the same conclusion, my sons found out about the incident because there was other kids in the office and its a small school, it runed out OK, just a giant waste of time, although now the school doesnt call me unless it is a real emergency...

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Now that the big business of education is now so expensive for families.
Many parents unrealistically think/hope their child's college will be paid for with scholarships, sports or scholastic.
Sad, really. It seems like parents make their own happiness dependent on how well their kid does in school - a lot of pressure for a youngin'. Then they wonder why mental illness is building so much.

I have gotten upset with my sons teachers before, I am guilty of that...

Last year one of my youngests sons teachers{he was in 7th grade}, calls me in the middle of the day and says "we need to have a meeting your sons is failing 5 of his classes", so I am like "OK, when" hes says "this is urgent we better do it tomorrow morning", I say "OK, fine"..
So in my head I am flipping out, how did I not notice this how the frig is he failing 5 classes what is going on.....

I get home from work and me and my wife have a talk with him, he is all upset because he knew nothing about failing ANY classes, I am just thinking he is covering for himself with lies, so I send him to his room after telling him "I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU GET OUT OF MY SIGHT" which my wife thought was harsh and we should deal with it when we find out the entire story, he told her this one teacher really didn't like him and he didn't know why, he told me wife he tried to even "kiss up to him" and there was no swaying this guy...

ANYWAY, the next morning comes and I go to the school, I had to adjust my schedule for an entire week because of this meeting, last year my schedule was like dominos for a while, you touch 1 thing and it all fell down, but anyway I get there and the teacher leaves me waiting in the office for 20 minutes!!!

Finally I walked right into the principals office and said "get this guy down here RIGHT NOW, I am not waiting another minute", he agreed and called him to the office over the pa system...

So we meet, I can tell right away hes a little micro midget douche bag, no doubt about it... snakey wont look me in the eyes, scum bum...

So we sit down and he says my son is a good boy and blah blah blah but he needs to apply himself more.. So I let him talk and after a few minutes of noticing nothing was getting said about faliing or plans to change it, I said "can I see his grade and his work?"
He said "we'll his grade is a 79" I stopped him right there and said "you told me he was failing 5 classes" he said "I wanted to get you here before that happens"...

I asked how many classes he was failing and he said none, I flipped OUT, I totally lost it, the principal came running, the school liaison officer came running, they thought I was going to kill him...
HE ran from the office and tripped and fell into the hall way, it was a big mess, the principal was trying to calm me down and I was just trying not to swear while calling him a "no nothing, unprofessional, public parasight.." After I explained it to the principal he understood {they want my tuition money he would have let me hit the teacher if I wanted to, lol}, and my son was removed from his class, and I told him he was not to talk to my son, not a word...

Well after that all happened other parents came up with the same conclusion, my sons found out about the incident because there was other kids in the office and its a small school, it runed out OK, just a giant waste of time, although now the school doesnt call me unless it is a real emergency...
Haha. I'd love to sit in the corner eating popcorn watching this. Sounds like the principal was just a d-bag, there is no cure... it terminal. :( lol

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You just cracked me up, Fuzz! Rating my post as informative. :D "Ah, Rick's on his way. Good to know."
Hey, I did say I'd make use of all the new buttons :p Plus if Rick's on the way I know I need to get out the slip and slide and lube :eek:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You sound depressed, sorry you feel that way. :( It'll get easier as you get adjusted, and it must be frustrating when others don't empathize with the difficulty of such a change.

Is this middle school?

Parents used to be on the side of the school, now they are on the side of their precious-little-always-special-and-unique-snowflake kid (technical term). What pressure these types of parents that would 'demand' their student does well must put on both their kids and the teachers. Failure is part of life, it's not something we argue our way out of. Best we can do is accept, apologize when we inevitably will screw up (we are human), and learn. It's life. I think these warrior parents cause a lot of damage...

It starts to sound like it's more about the parents than the kids really. Like if their kid doesn't do well on something it reflects on them. Such petty schemas for adults. You'd think they'd grow out of that type of behavior when they were 17-18.
Overall it's not too bad, but it hasn't been without its rough patches. It's my first year plus I've been coaching as well which has made things 3 times as difficult as it normally would be. Now that soccer is over, the hope is that I'll finally be able to really settle in and get my sh*t sorted out. Either way, first year was never going to be all rainbows and butterflies :D

Nah, high school, but sort of middle school. Geometry is 9/10, but I'm at a tech high school that serves the whole county. So some of the 9th graders are coming from a brand new school, away from all their friends, riding the bus over an hour to school and then another hour home.

See that's the thing. Most of the parents have been great to talk to and work with. However, there are a handful that either don't get it, think they know better, or care more about the grade than if the kid is actually learning anything or not. That's more or less what my Mom (40 year teacher) and my department chair have told me to do with those "warrior" parents. I'll live, and I better get used to it. Cuz it won't change no matter how good I am or how many years I do the job ;)

Haha, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that the parents are often worse than the kids. If only because they think the same way, when they're supposed to know better.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A guy in Brooklyn sent me a set of balls that should show up today. I'm pretty excited. Well, I hope to be...

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I am sitting in the cafe at the downtown marriott having a very good coffee , I got up at 4 am cause of the three hour difference my body will not adjust, going out for a swim and then the local shooting range for a morning shoot with my son, makes and models tbd supplied by the range . Golf will be Monday in early am so the entire afternoon, today, should be spent on Mill st. The party capitol of Tempe, bars clubs and food everywhere and I mean EVERYWHWERE. I cant wait for the Football Game tomorrow getting pumped up out here whoot !! Go Birds !!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I am sitting in the cafe at the downtown marriott having a very good coffee , I got up at 4 am cause of the three hour difference my body will not adjust...
I didn't know that you were coming out here - I hope that you enjoy your trip! Niki tried to get me up before 4am again today. Yesterday, she was successful. Today, I held off until almost 5am. Victory is mine.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't know that you were coming out here - I hope that you enjoy your trip! Niki tried to get me up before 4am again today. Yesterday, she was successful. Today, I held off until almost 5am. Victory is mine.
It was not a planned trip in the making so to speak, I reall stumbled on to the trip and decided to go for it, my Bucket list was/is to see the Eagles play in each and every NFL stadium and believe it or not I am almost half way there ! I thought the four day trip would help to recharge the batts as well , I have been drained lately. The weather is incredible here low 60 last night and almost 90 by noon partial shade and something I am not used to - 0 as in nada - humidity.
My choice at the range will be 9mm 44cal. or 45cal.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
You just need to let the kids and parents know what you are.

:D
I'm thinking this lacks realism.
Can you get one with him pointing at a unicorn jumping a rainbow?
Perhaps pointing to a Twister mat?

;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just got the front brake pads and oil and filter done on my car. $130 and I supplied the brake pads. So not ideal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis