Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Shot a glock too and got some cool pics overall.
20170511_082649-1328x747.jpg

This is the area I used to ride my quad when it wasn't a million degrees outside. I'm sure @lovinthehd and a few of you cyclists would love to hit some of these roads and trails. The weather was beautiful and the desert is actually pretty green this time of the year.
20170511_100129-2124x1195.jpg
20170511_100153-2124x1195.jpg
20170511_101614-2124x1195.jpg
20170511_073111-2124x1195.jpg

20170511_101003-777x1036.jpg

The desert really does have its own beauty imo.

20170511_101509-2124x1195.jpg
20170511_101530-2124x1195.jpg
20170511_103427-2124x1195.jpg
20170511_103721-2124x1195.jpg

I have a few more, but I don't think I can get it all in one post.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Shooting up some old speakers out there?
Ha ha! No, but we did kill a tv, some bowling pins, a couple targets and a plate of 3/8" steel.

It was pretty fun. We had a Glock 4th-gen 23, a Bushmaster AR-15 and a Bennelli M2 12 guage shotty. I only shot one magazine of that one. My skinny ass took a beating from the shotty. That's definitely gonna leave a mark. :p

Never shot a Glock before so that was fun. I think I liked shooting the AR best. I grew up shooting rifles. A lot. That's definitely what I have the most experience in when it comes to firearms (also the beginning of my long relationship with tinnitus). It's been years since I've been out, but I was doing pretty good knocking them down. Shot some skeet too. I need more practice with pistols.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I hauled M16 (military/rock'n'roll one) on my back for three years. Lets just say it a love/hate relationship.

One day then i'll finish my both backyard and basement, getting guns would probably be next.
I'd love to own fn-fal (one with short barrel/folding stock)

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The only time I've ever had this problem is because USPS in my area (Allen, TX at the time) was so inept it was impossible to find out when I was going to get things. They would scan packages when they loaded the truck as "delivered" when they clearly were not.

I actually had USPS as a customer at the time and told their top management what was happening. Never found out if they did anything. Don't live there anymore so I don't really care.

The worst thing they did was leave outgoing mail in the mailbox and put the incoming mail on top. Apparently my carrier missed the "little red flag" class. :mad:
They have gotten all weird or maybe they have always been like that and I just don't pay much attention.

They gave me a free month and stated that the package should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I asked why they couldn't deliver today and they said they couldn't and the package isn't "lost".

I was like no shi-crap, you claim the carrier had it last night and I don't understand why it can't be delivered today. They didn't really have an explanation but just said they couldn't.

Just now I received an email stated that it is out for delivery and should be here before 9 pm. Here we go again...

I am sure I will just throw it in the garage and not even install it for a week or two but I wanted it yesterday...lol...

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 4 month old. I work from home and take care of them every day. EVERY DAY...I also happen to really like whiskey and beer. Who knew?
Let's see my oldest son is 45 years old and my youngest son is 33 years old, total of 5 kids. Do I yearn for yesteryear when they was little and toddlers ? Nope. Not even when I am sound asleep and having dreams. We have 21 grandkids with the youngest being about 3. Being a grand parent, and soon to be great grand parent, beats being a parent almost anyday. If I had know how much more fun being a grandparent was over being a parent I may have skipped parenting and gone right to being a grandpa.

Changing out routers and media servers and audio equipment is childs play next to toddlers. I never had to wipe an AVR's backside.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I hauled M16 (military/rock'n'roll one) on my back for three years. Lets just say it a love/hate relationship.

One day then i'll finish my both backyard and basement, getting guns would probably be next.
I'd love to own fn-fal (one with short barrel/folding stock)
my Bushmaster AR15 and I have a special relationship. Its love and love. While I was in the Air Force they let us touch an M16 for a sum total of about 30 minutes across the space of 4 years. Just long enough to want one. Eventually, I got my own collection of guns and the custom AR is one of my very favorite toys.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Haven't had a beer in a while now. I drank enough for everyone a couple years ago. It's better this way. Srsly
That's how I got into audio too. I'd like to have a gun hobby as well if it weren't for the cost and the laws about discharging fire arms within city limits. People are so up tight.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Let's see my oldest son is 45 years old and my youngest son is 33 years old, total of 5 kids. Do I yearn for yesteryear when they was little and toddlers ? Nope. Not even when I am sound asleep and having dreams. We have 21 grandkids with the youngest being about 3. Being a grand parent, and soon to be great grand parent, beats being a parent almost anyday. If I had know how much more fun being a grandparent was over being a parent I may have skipped parenting and gone right to being a grandpa.

Changing out routers and media servers and audio equipment is childs play next to toddlers. I never had to wipe an AVR's backside.
That is a crapload of grandkids. Christmas must be expensive...

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
That is a crapload of grandkids. Christmas must be expensive...
Everyone lives local to us : everything between a 5 minute and 30 minute drive so we get to see everyone as little or as often as we want. If we approached each grand child like we did a child, yep, we'd go broke just on Christmas and birthdays. But, we've worked out a nice solution that makes everyone happy and doesn't break the bank.

Potentially more expensive is just a family dinner. When everyone comes over for dinner, its about 35 people. Put that in your own home and see how it fits. Try cooking for 35 people in your kitchen with your refrigerator and stove. We've learned to adapt to that mob scene as well and make it fun and potentially less of a financial wreck. It happens every month : somtimes more than once.

Having a big family is quite an adventure. Its never dull. Its almost always entertaining. It makes for an interesting mothers day for sure. It definitely isn't for everyone. Just watch the 6 o'clock news and you'll see a case every day of folks that shouldn't be allowed to breed much less live on their own without court ordered ankle monitors.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Everyone lives local to us : everything between a 5 minute and 30 minute drive so we get to see everyone as little or as often as we want. If we approached each grand child like we did a child, yep, we'd go broke just on Christmas and birthdays. But, we've worked out a nice solution that makes everyone happy and doesn't break the bank.

Potentially more expensive is just a family dinner. When everyone comes over for dinner, its about 35 people. Put that in your own home and see how it fits. Try cooking for 35 people in your kitchen with your refrigerator and stove. We've learned to adapt to that mob scene as well and make it fun and potentially less of a financial wreck. It happens every month : somtimes more than once.

Having a big family is quite an adventure. Its never dull. Its almost always entertaining. It makes for an interesting mothers day for sure. It definitely isn't for everyone. Just watch the 6 o'clock news and you'll see a case every day of folks that shouldn't be allowed to breed much less live on their own without court ordered ankle monitors.
Yeah, our "little" get togethers with my wife's family is easily 21 or more people. I always just grab a large piece of meat and put it on the smoker. Easier than trying to make over 20 portions of something.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, our "little" get togethers with my wife's family is easily 21 or more people. I always just grab a large piece of meat and put it on the smoker. Easier than trying to make over 20 portions of something.
I have become a pit master. I can do a pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches in my sleep now. Its off the charts good: and its not expensive. Our ancestors with big families down on the farm managed to figure out how to feed a crowd on limited means so we should be able to figure it out as well. We have the advantage over our ancestors in that we have stunning audio to go along with the food. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have become a pit master. I can do a pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches in my sleep now. Its off the charts good: and its not expensive. Our ancestors with big families down on the farm managed to figure out how to feed a crowd on limited means so we should be able to figure it out as well. We have the advantage over our ancestors in that we have stunning audio to go along with the food. :D
Haven't tried a pork shoulder yet. I've got brisket, baby back ribs, and pork loin down though.

Now I just gotta figure out what to do for wifey tomorrow...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Haven't tried a pork shoulder yet. I've got brisket, baby back ribs, and pork loin down though.

Now I just gotta figure out what to do for wifey tomorrow...
You gotta try pork shoulder. I like it better than pork loin and it's almost always cheaper. You want the butt of the shoulder (pork butt or Boston butt), not the picnic.

I've been a butcher for over 30 years. I've been running a butcher shop for the last 20 years (though a career change may be happening pretty soon). I know my cuts and I love to cook. @Bucknekked, I have a pulled pork recipe that's pretty awesome too. The sauce is from scratch and my family loves it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I sometimes press "O" on Kodi to see tech specs on audio/video codecs.
What remote or device are you using for Kodi that you can get to an "O"?

On a Firebox remote I think I get to see Kodi's audio spec's by pressing what I think is the options button (3 horizontal bars). Then I can go to audio and see what the input is: stereo mostly. Watching Amazon Prime Video without going into Kodi is where the good audio is. Goliath is pretty good.

I finally had to look up my rec'r and it too is DD+ capable. Wonder of wonders but all the display ever says is Straight. Don't listen to Doug. He can't prove anything.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What remote or device are you using for Kodi that you can get to an "O"?

On a Firebox remote I think I get to see Kodi's audio spec's by pressing what I think is the options button (3 horizontal bars). Then I can go to audio and see what the input is: stereo mostly. Watching Amazon Prime Video without going into Kodi is where the good audio is. Goliath is pretty good.

I finally had to look up my rec'r and it too is DD+ capable. Wonder of wonders but all the display ever says is Straight. Don't listen to Doug. He can't prove anything.
This: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Enhanced-Multimedia-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B005L2NTTQ/ref=pd_sim_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B005L2NTTQ&pd_rd_r=25ERGKAV1GFTGWPKPEBS&pd_rd_w=0v9mD&pd_rd_wg=WnYnm&psc=1&refRID=25ERGKAV1GFTGWPKPEBS
It nicely fits in one hand. I think I bought mine straight from Lenovo on sale for $30 or $35

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
You gotta try pork shoulder. I like it better than pork loin and it's almost always cheaper. You want the butt of the shoulder (pork butt or Boston butt), not the picnic.

I've been a butcher for over 30 years. I've been running a butcher shop for the last 20 years (though a career change may be happening pretty soon). I know my cuts and I love to cook. @Bucknekked, I have a pulled pork recipe that's pretty awesome too. The sauce is from scratch and my family loves it.
Pogre
Feel free to share that recipe via a PM or a conversation. I'm always open to a good recipe. Especially one for a homemade sauce or rub. If you have an aj jous recipe for prime rib, I'm still looking for something better. :p:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis