Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I got an Edwin Jagger 89lbl safety razor for Christmas. I've used it 3-4 times now. Still trying to get the hang of it. I didn't want to pay a King's ransom for blades anymore. One thing I like about it, is that the razor head - because of the mass of the metal - really gets warm when you run hot water over it. Feels good on the face. I'm happy so far.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I got an Edwin Jagger 89lbl safety razor for Christmas. I've used it 3-4 times now. Still trying to get the hang of it. I didn't want to pay a King's ransom for blades anymore. One thing I like about it, is that the razor head - because of the mass of the metal - really gets warm when you run hot water over it. Feels good on the face. I'm happy so far.
I use Gillette Sensor and the Mach 3. Dry your blades after use! Blades are typically good for 6-8 weeks!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought cold blades and cold water was better for your skin.

I always wanted to use a straight razor until my father told me that modern disposables work better than anything.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't tried drying them honestly, but they really stop working well for me after a handful of uses.
Yeah, you have to dry them! Every time!

Water against steel = corrosion. There's a reason you never see this suggestion on the packaging!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I thought cold blades and cold water was better for your skin.

I always wanted to use a straight razor until my father told me that modern disposables work better than anything.
I dunno - I just like it. I don't have a desire to get into straight razors. I like that safety razor blades are so cheap compared to multi-blade cartridges. And, after a little bit of practice, I'm getting just as close a shave.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
First Scott Weiland, then Lemmy Kilmister and now David Bowie...The world is getting less interesting.:(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
73 movies ripped occupying a little under 3 TB. I keep experimenting with different settings trying to find the best balance between speed and file size.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So, Adam... if you win will you still talk to us?
I play every week regardless of the size of the winnings. Just something a little group of us do at work and it only costs a buck for us each time. A buck to win a part of 1.5b? Sure :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I'll try it tomorrow. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the packaging and feel of the razor. I opted for the olive green handle.

8 blades for $15.00 shipped (any purchase over $10.00 includes shipping) so that's $1.88 per blade, 16 blades for $20.00 is $1.67 per blade and 16 blades for $25.00 is $1.56 per blade.

https://www.harrys.com/products/harrys-blades?h_id=13&h_position=0&h_list=blades-&-refill-packs

View attachment 17365

View attachment 17366
Love these razors. Smaller and tighter than the Dorco. I feel I got a better shave. Do not like the shave gel. Too perfumed. I can still smell and taste it after 30 minutes.
Not going to lie, I often have buyers remorse, but not this time. Best $3.00 I have spent in a long time.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I play every week regardless of the size of the winnings. Just something a little group of us do at work and it only costs a buck for us each time. A buck to win a part of 1.5b? Sure :)
Just heard by the time they draw, it will be 2 billion. I can only do the math up to 5 million then I lose consciousness.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So, Adam... if you win will you still talk to us?
Sure. Easy for me to say now that I didn't win :D, but I would have. I didn't end up buying a ticket. I started thinking on the way home that the total sum of lottery drawings that I hadn't bought a ticket for was well over $1.5B...so why start now? That, and I just wanted to get home.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Watched the first 3 episodes of Broadchurch tonight. Chilling. I'm hooked. So is Bonnie. Yes, we needed subtitles for the Scottish accent, but that's why it's there.

That 11 year old boy must have gotten into some serious stuff that ended up being way over his head. And his parents were clueless. I am so glad my kids got past that dangerous age.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis