Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
That's partially why I started looking. My Honda is at 150K, but has a rebuilt tranny and has started burning a little oil, so I figure I better at least have an idea of what I'm looking at in case something real bad happens, knock on wood. Now a couple salespeople have seen my face and know my name so I wouldn't be walking in blind.

LOL. Silly Vdub trying to kill the planet :p
Wow, can't believe you are able to burn oil in a Honda with only 150k! Or did you have a 'ricer' phase during your schooling days?

Like most reporting in this country, there is more hysteria than fact. I'd really like to see some hard numbers on what the emissions actually are for the 2.0 liter. And if the engine was at operating temp etc. Mine has the older DPF (particulate filter). If a 'solution' is a mild decrease in horsepower, whatever. Its a diesel, I'm not driving a sports car, especially not until after I've rowed through 3 gears and actually have speed, lol! But the torque is wonderful for hills!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You drive the Chev yet?
Not yet. Ran out of daylight. The woman needed to get shuttled around because her car went into the shop for the control arms. After tundra test drive she was getting antsy.

Wow, can't believe you are able to burn oil in a Honda with only 150k! Or did you have a 'ricer' phase during your schooling days?

Like most reporting in this country, there is more hysteria than fact. I'd really like to see some hard numbers on what the emissions actually are for the 2.0 liter. And if the engine was at operating temp etc. Mine has the older DPF (particulate filter). If a 'solution' is a mild decrease in horsepower, whatever. Its a diesel, I'm not driving a sports car, especially not until after I've rowed through 3 gears and actually have speed, lol! But the torque is wonderful for hills!
No ricer phase. Actually I had a Ford Explorer all through high school, a Saab 9-5 in college, and the Accord coupe for the last 5ish years. From what I've been told by the mechanics I've taken it to this model and year are known for two things: bad transmissions after 100k miles (check) and burning oil after about 120,000 miles.

Id like to se the numbers as well. Last time I drove a VW is was a stick wagon and it was a blast to drive.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys, just checking in to see if you are all still alive, seems not much has changed, lol...
I just got a new amp to play with which reminded me of you guys, its parasound integrated halo with dac, picked it up used for $1250, going to use it to run a pair of sonus venere's also bought used.

Havent been doing much, we spent almost the entire summer in Italy trying to get my moneys worth for the villa, although we found a wonderful couple to rent the place for the ENTIRE winter, paid in full with security deposit, they are retired and getting a place built about 20 minutes from our place, they are building a $3m home and are moving there from Montreal, but their place in canada is already sold, that is where our rental came into play, it couldn't have worked out better...

My wife and kids are doing great, sons are both knee deep in football and school now, I have been clearing some land by my house in CT, I am going to build a toy box that I can walk to vs my garage in RI that is an hour away. Real Estate Rental is booming, kind of regret getting rid of so much of it so hastily, but my office manager has it all nailed down, I don't have to do a thing, she really stepped up and took over, she hired a full time assistant, which I am not crazy about since she is really supposed to be my assistant, lol. So now my assistant has an assistant on the payroll. Kind of weird but she is a business grad looking for experience and after I spent a single day with her, I could tell she is worth the salary, "go getter" is an understatement, this kid is going to be a millionaire by the time she is 28. She is 23 and owns a 3 family living on the second floor making a $1K profit per month plus paying all her bills before touching her pay check, 23 years old!!!!

Anyway besides that stuff nothing new with me, we are back for the winter and the weather has been amazing here, hopefully it stays nice for a couple months, I don't want to turn the heat on until November if possible..

ANYTHING new with you guys, any new awesome audio equipment additions I missed out on? Did Alex and Adam come out of the closet yet?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I've just always wanted a pickup
I completely understand. A big 4wd truck is FUN and cool! My current truck is a 2008 model. Big engine, 4WD, trailer towing package, 8ft bed, etc. I just passed 10k miles on it. Pull the boat to the lake, (~10 miles), once or twice a week in good weather. Haul trash to the dump, (~6 miles), every 3-4 weeks. Drive to dealer once a year, (~10 miles), for oil change, tire rotate and state inspection. Take dog to vet, (~15 miles), once a year. Pretty rare use other than that. But I love driving this truck!!! :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
ANYTHING new with you guys
Welcome back, ImcLoud. Glad you're doing well. Nothing really changed here. In fact, you just missed another little discussion about whether cops are good or bad. Probably good that you missed it. :) But a good example of how things haven't changed. Atmos has pretty much been poo-poo'd. Nothing much new in latest models of AVRs except Atmos. ADTG still likes RBH and bi-amping. Adam still doing clever reviews. Innuendo continues. Gene revealed his liberal leanings, but soon backed off. Everybody who was a liberal before, is still a liberal... same for conservatives.

In other words, you can step back in and feel like you were never gone.
Again, welcome back.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome back, ImcLoud. Glad you're doing well. Nothing really changed here. In fact, you just missed another little discussion about whether cops are good or bad. Probably good that you missed it. :) But a good example of how things haven't changed. Atmos has pretty much been poo-poo'd. Nothing much new in latest models of AVRs except Atmos. ADTG still likes RBH and bi-amping. Alex still doing clever reviews. Innuendo continues. Gene revealed his liberal leanings, but soon backed off. Everybody who was a liberal before, is still a liberal... same for conservatives.

In other words, you can step back in and feel like you were never gone.
Again, welcome back.
Great to hear not much has changed, I think most of us knew Atmos was going to be what it is. I was hoping there was a new direct speaker company making the end all system for $399.00 shipped with a lifetime warranty... Oh well, Ill keep listening.

I missed my systems so much, I have stereos in the villa, nothing great, one system is a pair of speakers made by a company or called "Opera", they dont sound bad, and I am powering them with a little Quad amplifier I plug my phone into.. I am going to bring something over with me next year, we are renting the place out for winters so I dont want to bring anything too crazy, it will get blown out or be missing, although I doubt that will happen anyone spending $2000 a week shouldn't be too bad, but you never know...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, heck...I take a couple of days off and miss the Return of Irv. Welcome back, dude! Glad to hear that the summer was so nice. If you ever feel like taking on a ward like Batman, you just let me know. That, or if you 23-year-old assistant is looking for somebody to spend money on... :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't usually try to keep up with the Jones but I saw a soda can dispenser in a fridge this summer and now I must have one. I mean, what kind of peasant picks a can of soda up, right from the shelf? My girl deserves to have soda cans dispensed to her. Yep, I got big plans for the future.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I don't usually try to keep up with the Jones but I saw a soda can dispenser in a fridge this summer and now I must have one. I mean, what kind of peasant picks a can of soda up, right from the shelf? My girl deserves to have soda cans dispensed to her. Yep, I got big plans for the future.
I saw a nifty condom dispenser at , aww never mind...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Well, heck...I take a couple of days off and miss the Return of Irv. Welcome back, dude! Glad to hear that the summer was so nice. If you ever feel like taking on a ward like Batman, you just let me know. That, or if you 23-year-old assistant is looking for somebody to spend money on... :D
Thanks, Adam, its good to see you are still manning the boring stuff thread, almost 1000 pages of non sense, if you accomplish nothing else in life, your legacy will live on through this thread, lol...

Going to the "BIG E" today with the family, should be some fun, my oldest son is taking his gf, my youngest son is complaining about going, and my wife is trying to decide which car to take so we are all comfortable, its not even 9am and I am already stressed out, I want to go back right now, so much easier and the only decisions I had to make were - eggs and toast or begal and cream cheese, or maybe bagel and eggs, or maybe a bagel cut in half with an egg on one side and cream cheese on the other..... Simple............................................................................................................................

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
are you talking about the thing that rolls the cans towards you? How about one of these, you want need to buy cans at all http://www.amazon.com/Dispenser-Drinking-Dispense-Gadget-Bottle/dp/B00E16EEP6/ref=pd_sim_79_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KZY9NNW7TDMMEPZ0XED&dpID=41Qfw2cKNOL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR150,160_ but you would need a glass...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think cans define one's station in life. The 2 litre bottle is beneath us.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I told my wife I wanted to remove that dispenser while you guys were here.
Too much razzle dazzle between that and the $5 for 3lb can of coffee.:cool:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Had a little trouble activating mobile hotspot today after activating the new phone. Spent 2 hours on live chat with AT&T trying to figure out why and what did we come up with? "Have you tried turning it off and then on again?"

WTF???? How did I not think of that.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I told my wife I wanted to remove that dispenser while you guys were here.
Too much razzle dazzle between that and the $5 for 3lb can of coffee.:cool:
It was pretty good coffee. Any port in a storm type of thing but it's funny particularly today because we ran out of the fancy stuff. It was back to Maxwell House and Bustello ... and we were sad.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I think cans define one's station in life. The 2 litre bottle is beneath us.
I think of Nascar events when I think of cans, a couple with matching jean jackets, she had a black eye or swole' lip, he has a belt buckle that says "free breathalyzer blow here" and they are both sipping off herpes infested cans...

Soda is bad for you anyway, get all natural juice and dilute it 50/50 water, tastes better too, if you need something carbonated, use seltzer water...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis