Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I thought something was wrong with one of my LMS Ultra drivers because I was hearing something that would normally be characterized as mechanical noise from a sub. I thought, oh great now I'm going to have to replace the basket assembly, which is easy enough to do, but at $490 + shipping, ain't exactly cheap. Lucky for me, it turns out one of the drivers is firing into the somewhat cheap rolling island we have and it's vibrating the sh!t out of one of the flimsy back panels (as well as the floor, everything on top of the sub, the wall, the garbage can, etc, etc). So the bright side is that the driver is fine. The downside is that I have this irritating sound every time a big bass scene comes up. Damn first world problems.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:175%;}</style>

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ha! Speaking of which, any word from the folks that you interviewed with?
I'm supposed to go down to MD to meet with some principals in two weeks, then I might have some more interviews or that might be it for the interviews. Either way I'll know by the end if May if anything is coming from that. I'm also busy filling out applications to a few local schools that have openings. It looks like schools around me are getting smart and not listing openings on OLAS, which is a way to apply for jobs online, because they end up with 2-400 applications. They two I'm applying for were in the paper. We shall see.

I think all this BS is giving me anxiety, and if I'm remembering all of the medication commercials I see on TV, this should be followed by desperation, a sense of hopelessness, and depression :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Best of luck, man!

If you aren't hurting for resources (and it seems that you aren't), then I wouldn't be too anxious about finding a job. Absolutely try to find one, but I sure wouldn't jump on the first one that you find (applies to so many things :D). I've forgotten, but I seem to recall you saying something about this...is teaching still your passion? We can't all do what we love, but we can all aspire to it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Best of luck, man!

If you aren't hurting for resources (and it seems that you aren't), then I wouldn't be too anxious about finding a job. Absolutely try to find one, but I sure wouldn't jump on the first one that you find (applies to so many things :D). I've forgotten, but I seem to recall you saying something about this...is teaching still your passion? We can't all do what we love, but we can all aspire to it.
Thanks. The only reason I'm not hurting for resources is the extremely low cost of living I enjoy. That being said, as nice as it is to not really pay rent and only pay for utilities, I'm seriously itching to get a place I can call my own. Like you're saying, I'm not going to immediately say yes to a job offer in MD without researching the school and area first to make sure I know what I'd be walking into. Especially since I'd have to move down there. Hopefully one of irons I have in the fire works out, because substitute teaching ain't no bag of rainbows and lollipops.

Funny thing, I love teaching but with all the new standards and other factors its not the profession it used to be. Unless we're talking private school. Then its exactly what every teacher ever envisioned teaching to be like. Except the pay is usually lousy and there are no benefits unless you have a doctorate and are at a real swanky one with benefactors and donors, but I digress. ;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
ha ha, Microsoft is scared :D

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just got called with one of those government grant scams. I had some fun and got the Indian guy screaming at me from his end, while I laughed at him. Good times right there. :D<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:165%;}</style>

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Playing with VirtualBox. This could get interesting.
VirtualBox is really good stuff, I have been using this for quite a while now, generally with Linux host, but also Windows host
There's also a very comprehensive command line interface :p

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
That sounds horrible, almost a hangover medicine :) Been drinking a lot of water and taking C for a week. The coughing is mainly in the morning when I hop in the hot shower and everything breaks up and comes out (ick) Today though, I started spitting blood which seems to be coming from my sinus and it was in the tissue when blowing my nose too. Probably from blowing my nose so much.
It does sound horrible, but it's not too bad. Makes a good steak marinade too. :)

I had the same symptoms. Thought I had lung cancer. Like you said, it was from my sinus'. I'm finally feeling better. I hope you get over it soon.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
PC Part Picker is an awful, horrible website that I wish I had never found.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
PC Part Picker is an awful, horrible website that I wish I had never found.
Almost unnecessary these days now that you can get a great already built computer for cheap. PC Gaming isn't what it used to be either IMO.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Almost unnecessary these days now that you can get a great already built computer for cheap. PC Gaming isn't what it used to be either IMO.
I'd be moreso building it as an HTPC first, and I'd probably play a few games on it. Plus, where's the fun in buying one already built? :D<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:165%;}</style>

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
ha ha, Microsoft is scared :D
To rephrase Neytiri: Don't laugh. You don't laugh for this! This is sad. Very sad only.
Microsoft is really desperate. Rick and old man - they long established, that they would say anything on TV if compensated accordingly.

I bought my mom HP Chromebook 14 - tested it briefly to setup - it works just fine and all she needs is a chrome browser
I don't feel "scroogled". Speaking of collecting data on users - Google: Bing Is Cheating, Copying Our Search Results

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis