Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Yes, do tell.
There were three speakers at the show I really, really liked: SS8, YG ANAT III, KEF Blade. The SS8 and YG sound more neutral to me than the KEF Blade. Had I been there to buy speakers, I would have left with the SS8 and the Salk Silk without a doubt. The only speaker I listened to that impressed me as much as the SS8 was the YG ANAT III. Considering the YG is $111,000 more than the SS8, I would easily call the SS8 the best of show. :)

The finish on those Salk speakers is outstanding. The pictures really don't do the finish any justice.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There were three speakers at the show I really, really liked: SS8, YG ANAT III, KEF Blade. The SS8 and YG sound more neutral to me than the KEF Blade. Had I been there to buy speakers, I would have left with the SS8 and the Salk Silk without a doubt. The only speaker I listened to that impressed me as much as the SS8 was the YG ANAT III. Considering the YG is $111,000 more than the SS8, I would easily call the SS8 the best of show. :)

The finish on those Salk speakers is outstanding. The pictures really don't do the finish any justice.
What's in the pic with the SS8?

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not interested, Malaysian guys cannot make proper Greek coffee :p
I never had a proper or improper, Greek coffee. But, I have had pulled tea (teh tarik) and it's really good. We used to have an Indian restaurant here that would make teh tarik (pulled tea) table side similar to the way the guy in this video is doing it.

Unfortunately, the place went out of business due to some reoccurring health code violations. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I never had a proper or improper, Greek coffee. But, I have had pulled tea (teh tarik) and it's really good. We used to have an Indian restaurant here that would make teh tarik (pulled tea) table side similar to the way the guy in this video is doing it.

Unfortunately, the place went out of business due to some reoccurring health code violations. :eek:
Ha ha ha :D

I been to Greece many times and well..... after the economic cirsis now I'm not sure.... if there is any Greece anymore :confused:
Greek coffee is definitely something to try guys :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like the Verasity ST....maybe???

Veracity st - home
I checked the pricing on those and then went on to look at the prices on some other stuff ... it kind of made me feel good about what I paid for my stuff. I guess it's good that I never heard a direct comparison of the SongTowers and their betters. Having heard the STs and their betters apart is like listening to two different good things. Better doesn't really enter the equation ... thank God. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I checked the pricing on those and then went on to look at the prices on some other stuff ... it kind of made me feel good about what I paid for my stuff. I guess it's good that I never heard a direct comparison of the SongTowers and their betters. Having heard the STs and their betters apart is like listening to two different good things. Better doesn't really enter the equation ... thank God. :D
I never seen anything like this before but it's incredibly clever....
Fixing magnets on the back of the speaker so you can set grills there when you don't use them :p
Jim's cherry Veracity HT2-TL's - SOLD

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Alex's are the towers standing in front of the shelves, without their black plinths. He also got the small black 2-way speakers standing on the stools.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Even ln lo-rez pics the Salk woodwork looks stunning :p

very good choice Alex !!!!!! :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Even ln lo-rez pics the Salk woodwork looks stunning :p
No question they do great work. The center I got from them is amazing and the curly maple looks ridiculously good. IMHO, it's totally worth it to scrap the standard black front baffle for the veneered one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis